PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Crossover with Hawaii.
In the deep waters off the coast of Hawaii, a ship is slowly moving through the waters. Its destination the waters off Pearl Harbor. A man stands on the deck of the ship as it moves through the waters. He looks out at the waters wondering if he has made the right decision. He is so deep in his thinking that he doesn't hear the man walking toward him.

"Dr. Martin, we are getting closer to the site. Do you want us to lower the cameras?" Asked the man patiently waiting.

"I'm sorry Mark. I was watching the water and hoping that we might be able to see a glimpse of it from the surface of the water. Go ahead and lower the cameras," replied Dr. Marten.

"Do you want me to monitor the cameras or do you want to do it?" Asked Mark.

"I'll be right there. The last time I was here, it was 1941, and I was eighteen, and had just joined the Navy a few days before December seventh," said Dr. Martin.

"You never told us that you were at Pearl Harbor. You must of been one of the lucky ones to survive," replied Mark.

"I was lucky all right, that I survived but I was hurt that day. Men were running everywhere trying to find cover from the enemy planes. There were several of us running to a nearby building for cover. That's when I felt the bullet; it got me in the leg, and then I felt the second one as it ripped through my chest. I woke up a few days later in a Navy hospital," said Martin walking toward the door.

"I can only imagine what it must of been like for those guys that day," stated Mark following the doctor.

"I had better go monitor those cameras. They have been in the water for almost ten minutes. You're right, Mark, unless you were there that day, there's no way you would know how those men felt that day," said Dr. Martin walking toward the camera room.

"We have been watching the cameras for you but, so far, we haven't seen anything yet. Is it possible that we could be in the wrong area?" Jay asked.

"This is the map that Yuki sent me. She said that she found it in an old trunk that belonged to her father. It was with some aerial photos and a diary that her father was writing in," replied Martin looking at the map.

"How do we know this map is real and that the marks on the map are the actual locations?" Jay asking Martin.

"Yuki's father was Admiral Mourimoto and he was third in command under Yomamato. Her father used to talk about what he did in the war. She told me that she never believed him, till she found the diary. He wrote about his responsibility in the attack on Pearl Harbor. It was his idea to send the minisubs to Pearl Harbor but after they were launched no one heard from them again. Then, in 1990, divers found what was left of a minisub off the coast of Guam. The Navy sent a team to recover what was left. The markings they found were Japanese," stated Dr. Martin.

"So those subs could be between Guam and here," replied Tim looking at the doctor.

"They could be but when the Navy was searching for survivors. They reported what looked like a minisub under the carrier USS Arizona," stated Dr. Martin turning to look at a camera.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Hawaiian Hotel/ The Penthouse

Sean and Max are walking across the lobby. Sean is trying to explain to Max that she needs to take it easy for a few days and Max is trying to convince Sean that she is okay, but she will take it easy if it will make him happy.

"I have to stop at the front desk. I need Jason to check some things and to make sure that Brian didn't make any transfers okay," said Max walking to the front desk.

"All right and then your going to the penthouse and rest," replied Sean following her to the desk.

"good morning Max, shouldn't you still be in the hospital," stated Jason looking at Max.

"I tried to tell her that to, but you know how she is," replied Sean shrugging his shoulders.

"If you two are done talking about me. Jason, I need for you to check and make sure that there were no transfers made by Brian. You know what to do if there was," said Max.

"I know what to do. Sean take her up to the penthouse and make her rest," said Jason shaking his head.

"She's going to the penthouse but I don't know about her resting. We both know how stubborn she is," replied Sean walking to the elevator.

"Who's stubborn? Not me," said Max walking into the elevator.

"Yeah, right," stated Sean as the elevator door closed behind him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Honolulu Police Dept.

"Good morning. I have your assignments. First, you all know that that December seventh is getting closer. That means the survivors of that day will be arriving on the island. I don't want a repeat of last year. The protestors will be there. Danny and Chris, you two are to make sure that they don't cause any trouble. The Navy called about a ship that's twenty miles out from Pearl Harbor. After last year they want us to check it out. You and Sean get the coast guard to help you with this one. Where is Sean?" Harada asked John.

"The hospital was releasing Max, so he went to take her home," said John smiling.

"You had better call him," replied Harada muttering to himself as he walked back into his office.

"Linh, Can you and Kaleo help us with this one. If the protestors are anything like last year, we'll need the help," said Chris frowning.

"Hey Chris, why do they protest the memorial for the survivals?" John asked.

"A lot of the younger ones believe that it's the Navy's fault for what happened to the island," replied Chris.

"The Japanese were bombing the carriers and destroyers that were at Pearl," said John.

"What people don't know is that some of he bombs hit homes and business that were on that side of the island. A lot of people lost their lives that day, not just sailors. Many Hawaiians died that day," stated Kaleo looking at John.

"I guess they have a reason to protest," replied John walking out the door.

"Are you two still here," exclaimed Harada walking into the room.

"We were just leaving," replied Danny grabbing the file.

"What's taking you guys so long?" Asked the captain.

"I'm going okay, I'm going," said Chris following Danny out the door.

"Linh, find out which hotel the survivors are going to be staying in?" Asked Harada going back into his office.

"Linh, you might want to call Jason at Max's hotel. She's said something about letting the Vet's stay at her hotel," stated Kaleo walking by Linh.

"I remember her saying that last year. Okay, I need to call the hotel," said Linh picking up the phone.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Hawaiian Hotel/ the Penthouse

"Max, once we get inside your going to take it easy," Sean stated, opening the door.

"I will take it easy, I promise. What ever was in those pills is still effecting me. I just feel tired," said Max sitting down on the sofa.

"The doctor told you that it would take several days for the drug to go through your system," replied Sean picking up the ringing phone.

"Who is that on the phone?" Max asked looking at Sean.

"It's Jason, he needs to talk to you," said Sean handing the phone to Max.

"Jason, call Linh and tell her that the first two floors will be reserved for them. Make sure that we have transportation for them at the airport. Call the restaurant and have them set up a banquet room and tell them to make sure that there's a buffet for them at least twice a day. Breakfast and dinner is okay. If you think of anything else, just go ahead and do it," said Max talking to Jason.

"I'll be down front when you get here," said Sean putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Who was that on the phone?

"It was John. I have to go to work," replied Sean giving Max a kiss.

Sean stood waiting for the elevator to stop on the top floor. He was starting to feel tired after the last few days. He told himself that right about now he could use a hot shower and a few days off. Just then, the door of the elevator opened and he walked into the elevator and stood there as the doors closed behind him. He was starting to fall asleep, when he heard the doors open and he found himself staring at John, just standing there in the lobby.

"What are we doing today?" Sean asked walking across the lobby.

"The captain wants us to check out a ship. The Navy is a little worried about it after last year," stated John.

"So we know who the ship belongs to?" Sean asked looking at the file.

"According to that file, it belongs to a Dr. Richard Martin out of San Diego. He and his crew have been searching for sunken ships in the Atlantic," said John.

"So why is he here?" Asked Sean.

"It doesn't say," stated John.

"Let's go find out," replied Sean turning toward the harbor.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dr. Martin's ship, The Equinox

"Dr, Martin, have you seen anything on the monitors?" Jay asked.

"It's been six hours since the cameras went in the water. We should have seen something by now, even if only pieces of the sub," said Martin getting up from the desk.

"According to the diary, there were ten minisubs launched. The map shows the route of each sub," said Tim looking at the map.

"Where's the map of Pearl Harbor?" Matt asked looking at the other table.

"Here's the map," replied Mark laying the map on the table.

"This is Pearl Harbor and this is Japan, the point of origin. The naval base is thirty miles along the coast of Hawaii, okay. That means each sub had to go three miles along the coast to carry out their mission. So we draw a line from here to this part of the base," said Jay.

"There's one thing that we have to look at and that's if the subs even made it to Pearl. We know that one sunk off the coast of Guam and that's the one found in 1990. But after they were launched they were never heard from again, so like I said, we don't know if they made it," replied Mark looking at the map.

"Before we left, I went and talked to some friends of mine from the Navy. I asked them if they remembered anything about the minisub that was found. Several of them told me that the sub was laying just under the front of the Arizona. The divers that found it, made a report but those reports were supposedly lost," said Martin.

"Then why can't we send divers down there to look?" Matt asked.

"I don't see why not. Matt, take Andy and Mark. Just be careful and remember this that sub has been down there for sixty three years, so we don't know what kind of condition it's in," replied Martin.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The deck of the coast guard cutter.

"John you look a little funny," said Sean looking at John.

"Now I know why I didn't learn to swim, I don't like the water," replied John holding his head.

"Are you going to be okay?" Sean asked smiling.

"I'll be okay after a while," said John.

"Detective Harrison, the ship that you're looking for is just ahead," said the ship's captain.

"Can you come up along side of the ship?" Sean asked.

"No problem," said the captain talking in to the radio.

Sean and John stood against the railing waiting as the cutter moved closer to the ship.

"Attention on board The Equinox. This is Captain Lansing of the coast guard," yelled the captain.

"What do you want?" Yelled Dr. Martin.

"I have two detectives on board that need to talk to you," yelled the captain back.

"All right, I'll lower the ladder," Martin said.

Sean and John started to climb up the ladder to the ship's deck.

"I'm Dr. Martin, how can I help you," he replied.

"I'm Detective Harrison and this Detective Declan of the HPD. We were asked to come out here and find out what you are doing this close to the naval base?" Sean asked.

"I'm looking for a minisub that was launched in 1941 by the Japanese Navy."

"I've heard of them, but I didn't think that any of them made it this far," replied Sean.

"I was eighteen and assigned to Pearl on the day of the attack. After the attack, divers went down to try and find anyone that might be trapped on the sunken carriers and destroyers. They were concentrating on the Arizona. Most of her crew was on board. When the divers came up, they talked about finding what looked like a minisub under the front of the Arizona. Nothing more was ever said about the subs till 1953, when I married my wife Yuki. She gave me this trunk that had belonged to her father. Inside were maps, papers and a diary. I started to read the diary, her father talked about the minisubs and there mission. He also wrote that some of those higher up in the government were going to tell our people about the subs," said Martin.

"On the day of the attack, two ambassadors from Japan were at the White House to speak to the President. They tried to tell him about the subs and their mission. Admiral Halsey and others were there. Halsey realized what they were trying to say and called Pearl. He ordered the Seventh Fleet to deploy as soon as possible, but someone called the Admiral at pearl and told him to wait and deploy on Sunday," said Dr. Martin.

"We all know what happened next," stated John.

"Yeah, the Seventh Fleet lay on the bottom of the Pacific," said Sean.

"That's why I have to find at least parts of a minisub. I have to prove that all of those men, didn't have to die that day," replied the doctor.

"Doctor, you need to come and look at what the cameras have found," stated Jay walking to the monitoring room.

"What is Mark holding in his hand?" Asked the Dr.

"It looks like it could be part of the periscope and the front of a sub," said Martin.

"What is Andy pointing at?" Asked Jay pointing at the monitor.

"Can I look," said Sean.

"What is he pointing to?" John asked.

"Dr. Martin, these minisubs could they carry torpedos?" Sean asked.

"According to the diary, they were able to carry two and launch them. Why do you ask?" Martin asked.

"Because your man is pointing at two torpedos laying just under the front of the carrier. You need to get your men out of there and move to a safe distance away," said Sean running out of the room.

"Where are we going?" Asked John.

"Back to the cutter. We are going to need help with removing them," replied Sean climbing back on to the cutter.

"Like who?" Asked John.

"Like the Navy, that's who," said Sean dialing the phone.

"This is Admiral Moore office," said the seaman.

"This is Sean Harrison, I need to speak to the admiral, it's important," replied Sean.

"Is that you Sean?" Asked the admiral.

"Yes it is, I need your help. Divers were looking around the Arizona and they have found two torpedos from WW2. They are laying just under the front of the front of the carrier," said Sean.

"Are you sure about this, Sean?" Asked the admiral.

"Yes I'm sure, I saw them on a camera being used," replied Sean.

"I'll deploy a team immediately, can you meet them and take them to the area?" The admiral asked.

"I can do that," said Sean.

"They should be there in a couple hours. I have a team onboard a carrier not far from Pearl," said the admiral.

Sean and John sit there patiently waiting for the deployed team. Sean lays his head back on the head rest and is slowly going to sleep. John is sitting there staring at the sky. After a while, Sean hears the sound of a helicopter landing in the parking lot of the harbor. He and John get out of the car and walk toward where the men are standing.

"I'm Detective Harrison and this is Detective Declan of the Honolulu Police," said Sean.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Lieutenant Commander James Curran and this is my SEAL team. This is Lt. Hawkins, just ignore him," said Curran looking at Sean.

"What's the matter, Sean?" Asked John.

"He reminds me of someone I know," replied Sean.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Highway One to Pearl Harbor Naval Base

"It seems like we have been driving for ever," complained Danny driving on the coastal highway.

"It's not too much further and then we'll be there," said Chris.

"Sometimes, I feel like the captain doesn't like us," replied Danny still complaining.

"Why do you say that for?" Chris asking.

"Because he has us driving all the way to the naval base, just to make sure that everything is set up for crowd control," replied Danny.

"Actually, this is really important. Last year, the protestors got out of control. They did everything they could to cause problems and they tried to interrupt the memorial services. Two Japanese pilots that were survivors of that day, came to leave a wreath for those that had died and to say that they were sorry. The protestors booed them and threw things at them," said Chris.

"I heard the captain say something about a much larger group of survivors are coming from Japan," stated Danny.

"That's what I heard too, so the barricades are going to be further back. All of the survivors and their families are going to be wearing ID's so we know who is who," Chris said.

"According to that sign, we're almost there," replied Danny driving through the gate.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Hawaiian Hotel/ The Penthouse

"Where do you think you're going?" Miranda asked coming through the kitchen door.

"I'm going down to help Jason at the front desk," replied Max standing at the door.

"You just got home and you're suppose to be resting. Sean said that I was to watch," replied Miranda.

"Miranda, in about twenty minutes there is going to be more than three hundred people standing in the lobby okay. Jason can't handle it by himself," said Max opening the door.

"I know that I'm not going to win this argument, so just be careful okay," replied Miranda.

"I know that you care about me, but I have to help, okay," said Max walking out the door.

"I don't even know why I try, I'm never going to get the last word," yelled Miranda walking back to the kitchen.

"Jason this is Max. I'm on my way down to the front desk. Is everything ready for our guests?" Asked Max standing in the elevator.

"We have everything almost done, Max. So you'll be here in a few minutes?" Jason asked.

"I'll be there shortly," replied Max waiting for the elevator to stop.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The lobby of the hotel

"Eric, are your men ready?" Asked Jason talking into the radio.

"Everybody is in place," replied Eric.

"Are we ready?" Asked Max walking up to the desk.

"Everything's ready," said Jason.

"Do we have enough people to handle all of this?" Asked Max looking at the lobby.

"We have enough. I called in some people to help. Just in case, all right?" Asked Jason.

"That's fine, I would rather have too many than not enough," replied Max standing at the desk.

"Max, this is Mr. Thomas, he wanted to know if there was a way that they could use a room for the Vets to come in and register?" Jeff asked.

"That's no problem, Jeff, just use one of the banquet rooms. Get some of the guys to set up chairs and tell Robert in the restaurant to set up a table with coffee, soda and anything else he can think of okay," said Max looking at Jeff.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The docks across from the coast guard cutter.

"Detective Harrison, Admiral Moore said that you needed a SEAL team and that it was very important. He briefed me on what he knew, but he said that you could tell me more?" Curran asked.

"Just call me Sean and yes I can tell you more. Earlier today, a Dr. Martin sent divers down to look for anything that might be left of a minisub that lies under the Arizona. They found some rusted pieces of a minisub, but they also found two torpedos lodged just under the carrier's front. One of his men took this picture showing just exactly where they are," said Sean handing the picture to Curran.

"I can see why you needed us. Those torpedos being sixty three years old, could really be sensitive. The wrong move could cause them to explode with just the touch of a finger. Do you have a way for us to get there?" Asked Curran looking at Sean.

"We have a coast guard cutter that can take you to the Equinox. That's Dr. Martin's ship," replied Sean looking at the Lieutenant Commander.

"Then this take look and see what we can do," said Curran.

"You know sir, I hate to say anything, but what happens if one them should explode we can remove them?" Lt. Hawkins frowning.

"I don't know, but I guess we'll find out," said Curran following Sean to the cutter.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Pearl Harbor Naval Base/ The Arizona Memorial

"So if I walk out on that dock, I can see the Arizona under the water?" Danny asking Chris.

"You can see some of it. When I was a kid, my parents would bring me here every year but until I was older, I didn't realize what this meant to them," said Chris walking out on the dock.

"You hear about what happened here when you're in school, but I have never been here before," replied Danny walking along the dock.

"I forgot that you only moved here a year ago from California," said Chris.

"I was just reading this and its says that there were two thousand men on board when the Arizona was hit and started sinking," replied Danny walking to a another sign.

"Many of the Japanese that lived on the island, have said that the plan was to destroy the whole fleet and then to invade the west coast but that never happened," said Chris following Danny.

"This sign says that beside the Arizona. There are two battleships and a submarine laying on the bottom of the harbor," stated Danny walking closer to the Arizona.

"That's why it's so important that we don't let anything happen that day," said Chris walking along the dock.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The scientific ship, The Equinox

The coast guard cutter slowly moves along side The Equinox. Sean and the SEAL team are standing on the deck, waiting for the two men to lower the steps, so that they can board the ship. Lt. Hawkins is standing there muttering to himself, he's not sure about what they are going to do. Curran can hear Hawkins and turns around.

"Hawkins, shut up, I can hear everything you're muttering about," yelled Curran looking at him.

"I'm just concerned about what kinda shape those torpedos could be in," replied Hawkins.

"I know, Hawkins, I'm worried about that too," said Curran following Sean up the ladder.

"I see that you have found some help," said Dr. Martin talking to Sean.

"Dr. Martin, this is Lieutenant Commander Curran and his SEAL team. They are here to help remove the torpedos," said Sean.

"If we don't get blown up first," replied Hawkins mumbling.

"You'll have to ignore him, he has the tendency to say whatever is on his mind," stated Curran looking at Hawkins.

"Commander, I feel the same way he does," remarked the doctor.

"If you have a place where we can suit up? We'll go down and take a look and them we'll know what we can do," replied Curran looking at the doctor.

"If you follow Mark, he can show you where to suit up," said Martin.

"Thank you," replied the Commander picking up his gear and following Mark.

"Tim, go lower the ramp for the SEAL team. This will make it easier for them to get into the water," said Dr. Martin walking to the monitor room.

"What are you going to do?" Sean asked following the doctor.

"I'm going to lower the cameras back into the water. Those torpedos will be more proof for me. We can also watch the Commander and his men as they look at the torpedos," said the doctor lowering the cameras in the water.

"Dr. Martin, The Commander says that they are ready," replied Tim.

"Commander, I have lowered my cameras back into the water. They will follow you. If you have a problem, just signal us through the cameras," stated the doctor.

"All right, let's go get wet," said Curran walking to the ramp.

Sean sat there watching on the monitors as Curran and his team jumped into the water. He could see them as they slowly moved through the water. He watched as they one by one they stopped a few feet from the torpedos. Curran and Hawkins slowly moved forward, trying not to disturb the area around them. Then slowly, the other members start to swim toward the area.

"What are they doing?" John asked looking at the monitors.

"They need to be able to get close enough to see what the conditions are like around them and what they will have to do to remove them," replied Sean.

"Sean, the Commander and his men are coming back this way," remarked John.

"They must have found a way to remove them," stated Sean getting up from the monitor and walking out to the deck.

Sean and John watched as Curran and his men slowly surfaced from the water. Commander Curran started up the ramp, followed by Hawkins.

"Will you be able to remove the torpedos or is there a problem?" Sean asking Curran.

"I don't see any problem with the first one, it's just laying there. It's not touching the carrier. I could move my hand between the carrier and the torpedo. The other one is a different story, it's wedged between the carrier and what's left of the minisub. I moved some of the sand to get a better look and it's laying on steel from that sub," said Curran.

"That means we have a problem, don't we," replied Sean looking at Curran.

"We may have a problem. From what I could see, it's like when the carrier sank, it came to rest right on top of the minisub," replied Curran.

"So what do we do now?" Sean asked.

"We have an idea, but we are going to need some things. So we need to call Admiral Moore," said Curran.

"We have another problem, this is Dec 5th. On Dec 7th there's going to be over three hundred people at the memorial for the surviving Vets of Pearl Harbor," said Sean looking at the Commander.

"Then we need to get busy and make sure that those torpedos are removed before then," said Curran as he and Sean looked at each other.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Honolulu Police Dept.

"Linh!" Yelled Harada walking out of his office.

"Yes Captain," replied Officer Tamiya walking toward Harada.

"Linh, make sure that there's enough men going with you and Kaleo. Let me call Admiral Moore at Pearl and see if he can help with security," said Harada going back into his office.

"Kaleo, how many are available to help with security tomorrow?" Linh asked.

"We have ten officers for tomorrow. I heard that the captain is calling Pearl about getting some more help," stated Kaleo.

"I just got off the phone with talking to Admiral Moore. He said that he can help with security. Linh, Lt. Griffin will contact you when you arrive tomorrow," said Harada.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dr. Martin's ship, The Equinox

Sean has been sitting for hours looking at the monitors, watching Curran and his team try to find a way to remove the second torpedo. He sees Curran signaling that he's returning to the surface. Sean stands up and starts to walk out of the room. He steps out on to the deck. He sees John leaning against the railing of the ship and walks over to him.

"Watching Curran and his men as they come up and go back down?" Sean asks John.

"I've been standing here for a while, just watching them. I can't even imagine how they can do this for a living. I thought being a cop was a big enough risk for me, but these guy's make that risk look like a game," replied John looking at Sean.

"I don't see how they can do it either. I was watching them on the monitor and I told myself that if one of those torpedos should move on them. They can't get out of there fast enough before it explodes," replied Sean watching Curran walking toward him.

"Sean have you seen Dr. Martin?" Curran asked.

"He was out here a few minutes ago. I don't where he went to," remarked Sean.

"I need for him to move his ship, just in case," said the Commander.

"Do you have a plan for removing them?" Asked Sean.

"That's what were working on right now. The admiral is sending us some more equipment that we need," said Curran.

"What kind of equipment do you need?" John asked.

"After we remove the first one, we need an acetylene torch to cut the other one away from the carrier, and this is where it starts to get really scary. The carrier and the torpedo are rusted together," replied Curran.

"How are you going to remove it?" Sean asked.

"Ahelo equipped with a sling. It will lower the sling into the water and then we can slowly move the first one into the sling. Then the pilot will slowly lift it out of the water and then take it out to sea and drop it. We have to hope that it explodes on impact," replied Curran.

"What happens if it doesn't?" John asked.

"The admiral has a sub standing by to detonate it. The helo is also going to be used to pull us out the water, in case the second one looks like it might explode," answered Commander Curran letting his eyes wandering off toward the dock.

"I hope your plan works," replied Declan looking at Curran out of the corner of his eye.

"Detective, you told me that the area around the memorial was barricaded off, so that no one could get in there?" Asked Curran.

"It is barricaded off," stated John.

"Then who are those two guy's standing on the dock?" Curran Asked.

"What two guys?" John asked.

"Those's two. It's Danny and Chris," answered Sean taking his cellphone out off his pocket.

"Do you know them?" Asked the Commander.

"They are detectives with HPD," replied Sean dialing the cellphone.

"This is Detectives Edwards," replied Danny.

"Danny, this is Sean. What are you two doing on the dock?" Sean asked.

"We were just walking around. Why did you ask?" Danny asked.

"I don't have time for a long explanation, but the Arizona is sitting on two live torpedos and every time you move, so does the carrier. You could cause them to explode. Slowly move back to the sidewalk," explained Sean talking to Danny.

"Chris, we need to move away from the dock, don't run just slowly walk back to the sidewalk," said Danny looking at Chris who was walking back to the sidewalk.

"What was that all about?" Chris asking.

"That was Sean, he told me that there were two live torpedos under the carrier. Every time we moved on the dock the carrier would move," said Danny.

"You're telling me that they could have exploded with us on the dock?" Asked Chris looking at the dock.

"That's what Sean told me on the phone," replied Danny.

"Do they realize that people are going to be showing up in a few hours?" Chris asked.

"We had better make sure that no one gets past the barricades," replied Danny.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The ship, The Equinox

"Have any of you seen Commander Curran?" Asked Dr. Martin

"He was in the monitor room a few minutes ago," said Mark.

"Mark, tell Tim that we are going to be moving the ship away from this area. Tell Tim to move us back at least 1000 feet," said Dr. Martin walking to the monitor room.

"Dr. Martin, I was told that you were looking for me?" Asked Curran walking toward the doctor.

"Tim is moving the ship at least a 100 feet from the area, just in case," replied the doctor.

"I called the admiral, he says the helo is on its way. So I need to get suited up," said Curran walking away.

"Curran, have you ever thought of when you have to retire and don't have to do this any more?" Sean asking the Commander.

"I have thought about that and I don't know what I would do, if I had to give this job up. Being a SEAL has been a part of my life for over 20 years," said Curran laughing as he walked away from Sean.

"I don't know about him, but I would never think about doing that for a job." Sean told himself.

Sean quickly turned at the sound of the Helo as it flew over the ship. He looked around to see Curran and his team coming out of the door.

"Hawkins! Who has the acetylene torch?" Curran asked.

"Benny has it, and it's already in the water," replied Hawkins going down the ramp. He was followed by the other members of the SEAL team.

"If everything goes right, this should only take a couple of hours," stated Curran looking at Sean.

"Good luck," said Sean watching as Curran walked down the ramp.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Arizona Memorial

"Kaleo, go ahead and give the officers their orders. Max called the captain and said that the survivors and their families will be leaving the hotel in an hour," said Linh looking around for Lt. Griffin.

Danny and Chris sees Kaleo and Linh and start running toward them. Lt. Griffin has started to walk across the field when he sees the two men running toward Kaleo and Linh.

"So how was it to stay here last night?" Asked Linh.

"Not a whole lot of fun," said Chris frowning at Linh.

"You two look like there's something wrong?" Linh asked.

"I might be able to organize that," said Lt Griffin.

"Captain Harada said that you would be meeting me here. So what is going on?" Asked Linh.

"First I need for your officers to work with the security that I brought in to keep people out of the area till we know that it's okay," replied the Lieutenant.

"There's no problem there. Kaleo, go with these men and let the others know that they are to cooperate," said Linh.

"Here's what's going on. Monday, two divers from The Equinox were diving under the Arizona. They were looking for anything that might be left from a minisub. They found two torpedos under the front of the carrier. A SEAL team was deployed to the area. At this very moment they are trying to remove them," said Griffin.

"Max called me a few minutes ago and the Vets are leaving her hotel in less than an hour," replied Linh.

"Then we need to make sure that they don't get through the barricades till we know that everything's okay," said Griffin as he and Linh started toward the barricades.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The monitor room of The Equinox

"What's the matter, John?" Sean asked looking at him.

"I know I couldn't do that," said John looking at the monitor.

"I don't know if I could do it either. They must have nerves of steel to be able to do that," replied Sean watching as the SEAL team moved through the water.

Sean sat there looking at the monitor as Curran and his men reached the carrier. He turned away at the sound of the Helo as it made its slow descent to the water. He looked back at the monitor to see the sling being lowered into the water. Two of the SEAL's were working gently to remove the first torpedo. They slowly moved it through the water to the sling. Laying it gently in the sling. Hawkins tugged on the rope and the sling slowly rose to the surface. Sean could hear the Helo as it slowly flew away from the area. Then they heard the explosion from the first one.

Sean nervously watched as they started to use the acetylene torch on the second one. He could see the sparks as Benny slowly worked to cut the torpedo from the carrier. What is going on, thought Sean, as he watched some of the SEALs start to swim away from the carrier. Then he saw the flash from the torpedo. He and John ran out of the monitoring room to the deck. Then he heard the explosion and the water falling every where as the torpedo exploded under the carrier.

"What was that?" Yelled Chris

"That was the second torpedo exploding. I have to go," said the Lieutenant.

"What's wrong?" Linh asked.

"We had a SEAL team trying to remove them. That means they have either been hurt or killed," replied Griffin. running off toward the memorial.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Equinox

"What happened?" Asked Dr Martin running across the deck.

"Do you see them anywhere," yelled Sean running up and down on the deck.

"I don't see them anywhere," yelled John looking in the water.

"What's happened?" Asked the Dr. again following Sean.

"Something caused the second torpedo to explode. The SEAL team was down there working. No one has surfaced yet," yelled Sean over the noise.

"Tim and Mark, I need you to dive and see if you can find any of the SEAL team," yelled Dr. Martin.

"Hey, can I get some help down here," yelled Hawkins hanging on to the edge of the ramp.

"Hang on," yelled Sean as he and John ran down the ramp.

"I can't hold on much longer. I'm holding onto Murphy by his arm," replied Hawkins.

"Where's Curran?" Seam asked.

"I don't know, he and Benny were working the torpedo. He signaled us to move away from the carrier. We were half way back to the ship when we heard the explosion. We were thrown around in the water like rag dolls," said Hawkins as Sean and John helped them up to the ramp.

"Bring them in here. We have to get the bleeding to stop. Lay them on the beds," said Dr Martin picking up a first aid kit.

"John, you stay here and help. I'll go and check and see if anyone else has surfaced," said Sean going back out on the deck.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Arizona Memorial.

"Officer Tamiya, you need to come here," yelled one of the officers.

"Whats the matter?" Asked Linh walking over to the edge of the dock.

"We have two bodies in the water," replied the officer.

"You two help him, we need to get them out of the water. Kaleo, is Lt Griffin close by you?" Asked Linh.

"Yes he is," replied Kaleo.

"I need him to come to the dock. We just pulled two men out of the water. Chris, how bad are they hurt?" Linh asked.

"They both look like they're hurt bad. One of them is starting to come around. The other one is still unconscious," replied Danny looking at the men as Lt. Griffin walked up to them.

"These two are from the SEAL team," said Griffin taking out his cellphone and dialing the base.

"Do you see anyone else?" Asked Chris looking at the water.

"This is Lt. Griffin, I need a medical team to the memorial. Members of the team have been hurt," said Griffin hanging up the phone.

Sean could see what was going over the dock. He took his cellphone and called Danny's phone.

"Danny whats going on over there?" Sean asked.

"We found two of the SEALs floating face down. We pulled them out, they're hurt real bad but Griffin called a medical team," said Danny.

"Tell Griffin that we have two on the ship. Divers are looking for the others," replied Sean walking along the railing.

Sean was watching the water when Tim and Mark surfaced from the water.

"We didn't find anyone down there," yelled Mark.

Sean stood there looking at the water when he heard the sound of a Helo over head.

"This is Lt. Harris, I have two SEALs in the sling. They are hurt pretty badly. I 'm going to land on the grass area of the memorial," yelled the lieutenant through the speaker on the Helo.

"Dr. Martin, do you have a boat that we can use to get Hawkins and Thomas over to the dock area. A medical team is coming from Pearl," said Sean.

Sean and John watched as hey came closer to the dock. Danny and Chris grab the ropes and tie the boat to the dock.

They helped as the medical techs lay the two men are stretchers and carry them to the waiting ambulance. Sean hears his name being yelled. He turns to see Curran laying on a stretcher.

"Are you all right?" Sean asked looking at Curran.

"I'll be all right in a month or so. Then we'll be gone on another assignment. You asked me about retiring, I would miss the excitement too much," said Curran smiling.

"Hey Curran, when we get back to the base, I'm telling the admiral that I want to retire. I...I've had enough excitement after this," said Hawkins.

"Shut up, Hawkins, you're not going to retire. You would miss that rush you like so well," yelled Curran laughing.

"Are you two all right?" Asked Linh.

"We're both okay," said Sean.

"Then you had better explain that to Max. She arrived shortly after the explosion. We didn't know where you were at," said Linh looking at Sean who was walking over to where Max was standing.

"Don't tell me that you were involved with that explosion?" Max asked.

"I wasn't, but he was," said Sean looking at Curran and smiling.

"Sean he looks like someone I know," replied Max looking at Curran.

"Who does he look like?" Sean asked.

"You... fifteen years ago," said Max kissing Sean.

THE END
You must login () to review.