PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Chris was walking on the beach of the island that the Firm used when warranted. He relished the feel of the sand that went between his toes. He could feel the warmth of the sun as it warmed his back and shoulders. He could hear the waves and he imagined the infinite designs they made on the shore as they receded. He felt the light caress of a hand as it stroked from his shoulder to mid thigh. He opened his eyes to reach for the hand and saw in the shattered light and opossum lying next to his leg.

He cringed inwardly as he averted his eyes. He hated the things. They gave new meaning to the word rodent. He had never had one lie next to him before and to see their pointy teeth, hairless tail and beady little eyes was enough to make him heave if he had any food in his stomach. Fortunately his captors had neglected to feed him. Unfortunately the growling in his stomach was getting louder.

He was relieved to be out of the hell hole, but he knew that he was too close to it to be a comfort. Shards of light from the holes in the debris gave him the first true glimpse of what he looked like. It wasn't pretty.

His arm had dislodged from his jeans and he could see some of the mottling that was coming through from the accident. He was grateful the fractures were not large enough to be noticed from a passerby. He saw a few new ragged tears in his black jeans as well as a few welts that hadn't been there before. He wondered how the hell he was going to get out of this mess. Moving was utmost, but he had to be patient.

He knew he wasn't far from where they had been keeping him, and once they found him missing they would search the area with a fine tooth comb.

He still could not discern as to where he was and time was of the utmost. If he ran in daylight, he was easy prey. But he wasn't sure of anything. He needed a phone and he needed to get out of there fast. If he took the risk he might fall too close to the hell hole. If he waited, he might regain enough strength to make it to some sort of civilization which would get him home. Then there was the arm.

His left arm was swollen and he couldn't move his hand at all without pain shooting into his chest. He knew he had to reposition the arm post haste. It would hurt. It would hurt worse than hell, but not only did he have to move it, he had to do it without making a sound or disturbing his cover, even that damn rodent. He concentrated on something else before he was ready to move. He had one of his favorite images in his mind. The one before he woke was fitting nicely into place. Mary was there looking as lovely as ever. She had a gossamer gown on that played over her body in the breeze. He took his right hand and repositioned his left arm with only a small sigh. Once done he closed his eyes to muster his strength for the hard part... waiting for the right moment.




Mary was getting ready to go out with Mr. X. She looked at herself in the full length mirror. The shoes were obscenely high. She would have been better with ballet shoes on point. The dress she chose was one of Nicole's favorites. It was a watercolor that plunged to the right depth. It had what could be described as petals that hit at various lengths. Between that and the heels, she would have everyone looking at her. She had managed to add some sparkle to her eyes and had call a manicurist for a pedicure and manicure. The color was that of Mother of Pearl and accented the rest of her outfit perfectly.

Josiah had knocked and quietly entered. She was lost in her reflection when he startled her and stumbled into him. He laughed as he lifted her effortlessly to her feet.

"Chris is a fool. If he saw you in this he would come to his senses. Mary would you marry me? If not a role in the hay would suffice." Josiah said.

"Chris is all I will ever need." she said with a smile. She knew if any word came, they would tell her. She grabbed a white fox stole and tried once more to walk in the shoes. Josiah was dressed in a chauffeur's uniform and proffered and arm which she gladly accepted. He knew who she wanted and needed. He could admire her nonetheless. Chris was a damn lucky man. They were lucky to have him. But God only knew where he was, and if he was safe.

Chris was still out there and Mary was acting as bait to somehow get him back. Not just for her, but for all of them...
You must login () to review.