PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
It took a little under an hour to get to Nicole's. Her apartment occupied half of the seventh floor of the highrise in the outskirts of the city. One side was comprised of windows that overlooked the skyline; the other had a magnificent view of the mountains.

The apartment was immaculate. There was not even a single dish in the sink. The only thing out of place was the taped outline where Nicole's body had been found. Part of the tape was on the silver blue carpet and the rest of it was on the marble tile next to the windows overlooking the city.

Chris stopped Mary at the door while the rest of the team got to work at scoping the place out. Once they went about their tasks, he walked her toward the sofa. She sagged into the cushions. She felt the tears form in her eyes.

"My God Chris how could they possibly rule this a suicide? When I found her body, I just knew that she couldn't do it. She was lonely after Jonas died. We had just talked yesterday about her having found someone. I don't know what her specific plans were, but something had to have happened. I spoke with the police, but I think they thought I was ranting. I'm sure that the shock of it all made me look like some kind of mad woman." Mary said.

"You found the body? How long did it take for the police to arrive?" Chris asked as he wiped her eyes with his thumbs.

"I came this morning to take her to breakfast. I rang the bell and then I knocked. As soon I knocked the door opened and I saw her lying..."

"Mary I need you think carefully. I'm sure you didn't touch anything. You have unofficially been a part of the team for so long that it would be second nature. How did you know she was dead and why do you think the police have ruled it a suicide?" Chris asked.

"The angle of her body was wrong. I only touched the door and called the police on my cell and waited. This can't be real Chris. I know she was seeing a doctor since Jonas died, but things were finally picking up."

"Do you recall the name of the investigating officer?" Ezra asked as he looked through the roll top desk.

"DelFino, that's his name." Mary responded.

"Short slightly balding with a disheveled appearance?" Buck asked. Mary nodded. "That explains why they ruled it a suicide. He has got to be one of the orneriest dicks around." he added.

"You know him?" Chris asked.

"In a previous lifetime, I had the wonderful opportunity to work with him when I was a rookie." Buck said sarcastically.

"Something is off. I just can't put my finger on it." Mary said as she looked around for anything out of the ordinary.

"I've only been here once, but something is out of place." Chris replied as he started to think like the investigator. He started to study the place with an objective eye.

"Chris have you found any electronic equipment?" Ezra asked. "Has anyone?" he added.

"Nothing." J.D. said.

"Not even a remote control." Vin said.

"It has been staring me in the face this entire time. She could not live without her cell. Did you search every where?"

Vin nodded. They had gone over the place with a fine tooth comb; not a single device was found. Not even a battery.

"Chris this DelFino wants to rule it suicide. Maybe they are overworked or they just don't care. Please Chris, Nicole deserves better."

"I think I can speak for the team. We'll find out and maybe being outsiders, gives us an edge that will lead the police to the truth." Chris said. They nodded in agreement and gathered round. All hands were in including a grateful woman who had always been a silent member. It was a case for the Mag Seven plus One.
You must login () to review.