PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Honolulu Metro Police Dept.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were leaving today?" asked Chris noticing John at his desk.

"I am, but I had to finish a report before I leave," replied John.

"What are you doing here?" asked Sean, walking into the office.

"I'm finishing that report," said John.

"I told you that I would finish it," replied Sean sitting down at his desk.

"I couldn't sleep, so I thought that I came here to finish it," replied John.

"He's just nervous about going home," said Danny smiling.

"Are you worried about going home?" asked Sean.

"I don't know if I would call it worried, maybe concerned about how things are," said John.

"You mean your old neigborhood? Do you think it has changed since you left? Sean asked.

"The last time I called home, my mom didn't sound like she did, when I left. She sounded like there was problems," replied John.

"Do you think that there is trouble at home?" asked Chris looking at John.

"I'm not sure, I guess I'll find out when I get there," replied John.

"If you run into trouble, call me," said Sean.

"My plane leaves in an hour. Sean, can I get a lift from you to the airport?" John asked.

"No problem," replied Sean getting up from his desk.

"Thanks," replied John going out to Sean's car.

"John, if I don't hear from you in two days. I'll call," said Sean watching John walk down the ramp to the plane.




Sean sat in the parking lot of the police department. He had this feeling that wouldn't go away. He started to call John but told himself that John would call.

"Hey, Sean are you going in or are you staying in the car?" Chris asked.

"You're worried aren't you?" asked Danny looking at Sean.

"I just have this feeling that something is not right. I started to call him but I realized that he's not a kid and can take care of himself," said Sean getting out of the car.

"We need to go in, before Harada yells at us," said Chris walking toward the door.

As worried as he was for John, he couldn't help listening to Chris and Danny about their latest complaints. He found himself laughing as they continued complaining about everything. Sean sat down at his desk and tried to go over some reports but he he found himself staring at John's desk.

"Sean, in my office right now. Gaines amd Edwards, you too. Get in there. I need to talk to you," yelled Harada looking mad.

"Captain, I was just going to write that report you asked for," replied Chris looking at Danny.

"That report can wait. What I have to say is more important. A call came this morning for you, Sean. It was from John's mother. She told me that John didn't come to the house when he arrived in Chicago," said Harada.

"I took him to the airport and I watched him board the plane," said Sean.

"His mom is upset. There has been some things going on in that part of town where she lives. Until a few years ago it was pretty quiet. They had no problems with gangs or drug dealers but now they run that area of town. She said that the last time she talked to John she told him that his nephew Joey had joined one of the gangs," said Harada.

"That maybe why he was upset about going home," replied Sean.

"I called his former captain and asked him if he thought that John would try and do something," replied Harada.

"Captain, John got a call last week from someone. I heard him tell the person that he would take care it," said Danny.

"That call was Captain Martin, John's former captain. He told me that he had called John about the gangs and the drugs. He told me that John used to be in a gang when he was in his teens but thanks to a cop that lived in the neighborhood, he was able to get John away from the gangs. Captain Martin told me that a year later the cop responsible for saving John was gunned down while going into his house. He said that John joined the force the next year and took the man's badge as his badge. He said that John went after the gangs and with help from fellow officers, he was able to break up the gangs," said Harada.

"It seems that they have moved back in," replied Danny.

"Captain Martin said something about John going undercover. He's going to try and break them up. He told John that they were putting a task force together," said Harada.

"Knowing John, that's why he need time off. He went home to take over that task force," said Sean.

"He wouldn't have any authority there," stated Chris.

"I'm glad you said that Chris because the three of you are going to Chicago. I talked to Captain Martin and you will be on special assingment to the Chicago police. Your job will be to find John. Martin has covers for Danny and Chris, and Sean, your job will be as a drug dealer over the area. Several of the vice officers will be under your command. You leave today, take Kaleo with you as a bodyguard," said Harada.

"I'll go pack some clothes im a bag and meet you at the airport," said Sean to Danny and Chris.




The Penthouse

"Sean! What are you doing home? You just left here a couple of hours ago?" asked Max as Sean walked in the door.

"I came home to pack some clothes. John's mom called Harada, she wanted to know if John had left to come home yet. He told her that John had left on monday. He hasn't contacted his family yet," said Sean with a worried look on his face.

"Does anyone know where he is?" Max asked.

"No. His former captain called and told Harada that he had talked to John a few days before he left. What they talked about what was happening in his old neighborhood. He said that they talked about John going undercover to find out what was happening. Captain Martin has arranged for us to go undercover. I'm suppose to be a new drug lord coming moving in from Hawaii. This will give us the chance to look for John," said Sean putting clothes in a bag.

"Sean, if you're supposed to be a drug boss, you wouldn't look the part in those clothes. There's a wardrobe bag in the back of my closets. They should fit you," replied Max standing in the doorway.

"Whose suits are these? These are David's, aren't they?" asked Sean looking at the clothes.

"Yes. I thought that I had gotten rid of everything. Then a couple months ago, I found this bag in the back of the closet, and when I opened it, I found that they were David's clothes. It's up to you if you want to wear them," replied Max.

"Thank's Max. If it will help to find John. I'll wear them," said Sean hugging Max.

"Be careful is all I ask of you, and to come home to the girls and me," said Max holding on to Sean.

"I will Max," said Sean hugging her, before going out the door.




Honolulu Airport

"This is going to be a long flight from here to Chicago," replied Danny getting out of the car.

"It won't seem so long. Harada gave Sean some information on whats been happening in this area," replied Chris grabbing his bag.

"Hey Chris, there's Sean and Kaleo," said Danny walking over to Sean.

"Are you two ready for this job?" asked Sean looking at them.

"If it will help find John, then I'm ready," said Chris.

"Let's go, we have a long flight ahead of us," said Sean walking down the terminal.

"Sean! Where are you going? Our flight is the other way and the plane is about to take off," said Chris.

"Our plane is out on the runway waiting for us," said Sean walking through the double doors.

"This is the terminal to where they park the private jets," replied Chris.

"I know," replied Sean walking up to a jet that was parked on the runway.

"This is Max's jet. She told Harada we could use it for our cover," replied Sean boarding the plane.




Chicago

"Have you heard from John yet?" asked the man.

"No! I'm just worried about both of them," said Mrs. Declan.

"Captain Martin has men watching for any signs of John but it's like he simply got off the plane and disappeared," replied the officer.

"I wish now I had never called him but I needed help with Joey. He has gotten involved with the wrong people," said John's mother.

"You couldn't of known this would happen. No one knew," said the officer.

"I should of never got John involved," said his mother.

"Captain Martin has called John's captain with the Hawaii police. He's sent someone here that is going undercover to find John," replied the officer.




The Maxwell Jet

Sean watched as Danny and Chris settled into their seats. It would be a long flight to Chicago. He sat down in a seat near the window. He opened the briefcase and took out the file that Harada had given him. It had all the information on a man that they had arrested a few months ago. He was a known drug dealer trying to get control of the other drug dealers in Hawaii.

"Now that I have read this, we need to go over it so you know what to do," said Sean.

"Is this on the dealer we arrested?" asked Danny.

"Yes, it is. We know that he always traveled with a bodyguard. Kaleo, that's your job. Danny and Chris, he never leaves without his guns. Your them," said Sean.

"Sean, that maybe a little hard to do since we had to leave them at the station," replied chris.

"I know, Harada made arrangements with Martin to get us some when we get there. Harada had no choice," said Sean.




A Drug Dealer's headquarters.

"We need to make sure that we have total control of the nieghborhood," replied Reed talking to his gang.

"Thomas, our friend is still in the basement. What do you want to do with him?" asked Mickey.

"Make sure that he stays there. Did you start giving him what I told you to?" Reed asked.

"Yes, he doesn't feel anything," said Mickey.

"I knew that would take care of him, you don't forget what people were like before. The same goes for our friend in the basement," said Reed.

"Does Joey know that he's here?" Mickey asked.

"No. He just thinks that his uncle doesn't care about him. I told him that he wouldn't have left if he cared about him. He believed every word that I said," replied Reed.

"Do you want me to keep up with giving him the stuff?" asked Mickey.

"I want him to remember who runs this neighborhood now. Keep giving it to him," said Reed laughing.




The Maxwell Jet

Sean tried to sleep, but he couldn't. He looked around to see that it was easy for the others. He had to remember something that Harada had told him. He didn't want to believe it but the file he held in his hand told him the truth. He opened the file and started to read what he didn't want to know. Harada had given it to him in his office before they left. It had been for Harada to say it. He had agreed to keep to himself but he thought that Sean should know, it might take Sean to save him.

"Sean, before you leave I have something to tell you. Captain Martin sent me this file when John transfered here. While a cop in Chicago, he worked undercover in the narcotics unit. John was so deep undercover that he found out that John was using drugs as part of his cover. When he busted the guy, it was almost too late for John. It took months of rehab to get him clean again," replied Harada.

Sean opened the file and started to read. He couldn't believe what he was reading. Would John go that far again to protect his family. Sean thought about what he was reading as he asked himself that question. Would he go that far to protect Nick and the girls? He told himself that if it was the only way, then yes he would.

"Sean, I didn't mean to interupt you but I thought you might like some coffee?" asked Chris handing the coffee to Sean.

"Thanks, I need a break from reading this file," said Sean.

"Who is the file on?" asked Chris.

"The file is on John and his job with the narcotics unit in Chicago," replied Sean.

"You're more worried about John since reading that file. I can see it on your face," replied Chris.

"I'm afraid of what he might do or what will happen," said Sean.

"The plane is landing at O'hara," replied Kaleo.

"Sean, you need to look out the window," replied Danny looking puzzled.

"Why, what's the matter?" asked Sean.

"I don't think Captain Martin sent this for us," replied Danny looking out the window.

"Sean, you had better take a look and see what I see," said Chris.

"That wasn't sent for us, so where did it come from and who sent it? Sean Asked.

Sean and the others walked down the stairs of the plane watching the limo the whole time. They looked at each other as they came closer to the car. Danny noticed that the driver's door slowly opened and the driver stepped out of the car.

"I was sent to pick you up and to take you any where you needed to go. I was told to tell you that you can't dismiss me because I don't work for you," said the driver.

"Who do you work for?" asked Sean.

"I was told to give a phone when I picked you up. The owner will explain. Please get in the car," said the driver.

"Go ahead and get in. Maybe Harada did it so we wouldn't blow our cover," said Sean sitting down in the backseat.

"Here's the phone, my boss is on the other end of the phone," said the driver.

"The limo is for you to use as part of your cover and the driver is part of my security and he's carrying a gun," said the woman.

"Max! you didn't have to do this. The limo will work for our cover. I promise to be careful," replied Sean handing the phone to the driver.

"I understand. I go everywhere he goes and I take my orders from him," said the driver.

"We have a meeting at the hotel, so we need you to take us there," said Sean.

"Max's want to make sure that you come home safely. I wish I had someone like that," said Danny smiling.

"The only thing that you have to remember is why we are here. That's to find John and get him home," said Sean.

"We know why we're here, we haven't forgot," said Kaleo.

"When we get to the hotel, Captain Martin will be there to brief us on what is happening right now," said Sean.

"Mr. Harrison, we have arrived at the hotel. Would you like me to get the luggage?" asked the driver.

"No. They are big boys and can carry their own bags. You can park the car and come with us. Since you'll be following me, you might as well be involved with what we are doing. Did Max say anything to you?" asked Sean.

"Just that you were going undercover to find a fellow officer. She told me to watch and make sure nothing happened to you," replied the driver.

"What's your name? Sean asked.

"The name's Rick," he replied.

"I need another bodyguard, you're elected," said Sean.

Rick opened the door to the lino and stood there as Sean and the others got out one by one. Sean walked into the lobby of the hotel, he stood there as Chris walked up to the desk and asked for the keys to their rooms. They stood there in the elevator waitng for the doors to open. Danny stepped out of the elevator and stood there, he was followed by Kaleo who walked to the room. Sean followed Kaleo and Chris an Rick followed him. Sean opened the door and walked in. Captain Martin was sitting in a chair by the window.

"Did you have any problems getting here?" asked Martin.

"No, has there been any word on John?" Sean asked.

"We haven't heard anything yet. I have officers out there watching for him but it's like he just simply disappeared. John's old neighborhood is being controled by someone known as Reed. You need to know that the people there are afraid to talk to anyone and of course they haven't seen anything. I believe that John is still in that neighborhood some where but we just don't know," said Martin.

"We'll find him, even if we have to turn this town over," said Sean.

"Then you might need these. They can't be traced," said Martin handing the weapons to Sean and the others.




In a dark room a door opens to let some light in. A man walks in, he goes over to the person laying on the cot, he bends over the body and then he takes out a needle and puts in to the man's arm. He lays there and moans from the pain of the needle. As the man walks out of the room, the man on the cot mumbles to himself.

"I have to fight it, but I don't know if I can last much longer. They don't where I am. Sean, if you can hear me, I need your help. Please god let him hear me," said the man as he passed out.




A Hotel room

It's the middle of the night and while the others sleep, Sean is pacing the floor thinking about what could have happened to John. Captain Martin's report says that he was seen going to his mother's home but they never saw him leave the neighborhood.

"Wake up you guys," yelled Sean.

"What's wrong?" asked Chris.

"The reason no one has seen John is because he never left the neighborhood. This guy Reed has John or knows where he is," said Sean.

"You're afraid that whoever has him may have him drugged up so he doesn't know where he is," said Chris.

"What makes you think that he's still there?" asked Danny.

"I just have this gut feeling, that's all I can say," replied Sean.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Chris asked.

"Let's go looking. It can't hurt and we may just find something," replied Sean.

"We start with neighborhood that John is from?" asked Danny.

"We start with John's neighborhood," said Sean tucking the gun in his pants.

"Wouldn't we look out of place being there at this time of the night?" asked Danny.

"If anybody stops us, we'll tell them that we are looking for new territory," said Sean.

Rick pulled the limo out of the parking lot and turned on a street that would take him to John's neighborhood. Sean watched as Rick drove along the streets. He couldn't believe that this was where John grew up but now he knew why he had to come back.

"John described something that was differant from this," replied Danny looking out the window of the car.

"It probably looked nothing like this when he left," said Chris.

"This happened when the gangs and the drugs moved back in. John said the last time it took the police almost a year to clean it up," replied Sean.

"Sean, you need to look out the window. We're getting attention from the street. They're trying to get a look at us," said Kaleo.

"Maybe we should give them a look," replied Chris looking at Sean.

"Maybe we should let them see who's taking over," said Sean.

"You want me to stop the limo?" asked Rick.

"Yes, stop right here. Remember this... these guys are just us bad as the ones in Hawaii. So look like you're tough and don't back down from any of them," said Sean getting out of the car.

"Who are you?" asked a kid leaning against a wall.

"We're the new guys and we're taking over this neighborhood," said Sean.

"You and who else?" asked the kid.

"Mr. Maxwell and company," said Rick staring down at the kid.

"Which one of you is Maxwell?" asked the kid.

"I'm Mr. Maxwell," said Sean stepping forward.

"Go and tell your boss that Maxwell is taking over the neighborhood," said Kaleo.

"Tell Mr. Maxwell there's no way that it will happen," said the kid looking at Kaleo.

"Why don't you tell the boss that we want to talk to him," replied Chris.

"Don't have to. You're looking at the boss," replied Reed.




A Dark Room

The teenager is walking toward the room. He can hear the sounds of someone in pain coming from the room. He looks around to make sure that no one has followed him before going toward the door. He opens the door but he cannot see in the room. Once again he hears the moaning sound from a corner of the room.

"Who's there?" asked the teenager walking closer.

"I need help," said the faintly voice.

"Who are you? Why are you in here?" asked the kid.

"My name is John. You need to go to the police, they can help me," said John.

"I don't know, what if someone else finds out that I helped you?" The kid asked.

"The police will protect you but you have to help me. I'm afraid that they may kill me, you have to help," replied John.

The kid walked out of the room, he could still hear sounds coming from the room. He started walking out of the building. What if it was real, he could be in trouble for helping commit a crime. Maybe the guy is telling the truth, but why is he there? He asked himself.




"Well, we made ourselves known so now we just have to wait and see what happens," said Sean.

"We didn't learn anything about John. If he had him, why didn't he hint at having a cop for a prisoner?" asked Danny.

He doesn't want to tip his hand right now," said Chris.

"I'm going to bed, we have to start looking tomorrow," said Sean going toward the bedroom.

Sean sat up on the edge of the bed. He was having a hard time trying to sleep, not knowing where John was weighed heavily on his mind. He looked to see what time it was. It was almost dawn, he knew that he would never be able to sleep now. Just then the phone in his room rang.

"Harrison," he stated.

"This is Captain Martin. I didn't wake you?" asked Martin.

"No, I was already awake. I'm worried about John," replied Sean.

"That's the reason I called. Someone called the station. He says that John is being held in an abandoned building some where in the neighborhood. He said that from the sounds of it, John is in a bad way," replied the captain.

"Whoever has him, knows about the drugs while he was undercover," said Sean.

"If John is on something, would it be his choice?" asked Martin.

"No, I don't think so. He's being given shots to keep him quiet. Did they say what building it was?" Sean asked.

"All he knew was there was a lot of rooms. It sounds like it might be an abandon apartment building," said Martin.

"I noticed that there several buildings like that. He could be in any one of them," replied Sean.

"I'll send a team in to search the buildings. Maybe they will find him," said Martin.

"If you do that, they could move John and we would never find him. The guys and I will go back under the cover of looking for a building for us," replied.Sean.

"Do you want me to wake everybody up?" asked Kaleo.

"Yes, while it's dark we're going looking for John. I need for you to find something to use to see with," said Sean.

"Kaleo just came into our room and said that we are going looking for John. Do we have any idea where he's at?" asked Chris.

"The police have a tip and we're going to check it out," said Sean.

"Rick went to get the car," Danny replied.

"The kid said that he found John in an abandoned apartment building. When we were there I only saw one building that looked empty," said Sean.




John's neighborhood

"Drive slow Rick, that building wasn't too far. I remember that there was a large sign on the front of the building. All of you remember that John will have to be carried out. The drugs will have worked on him. Also he may be afraid of us," replied Sean.

"Sean! On your left there's a building that looks like it's empty. You want me to pull over?" asked Rick.

"Yes, I see it and there's the sign too. Rick I want you to stay at the front door and keep a watch out for anyone that comes close. We need to be on the look out, we don't know if they have anyone watching John," said Sean.

"Let's go find John," replied Chris.

"Nobody had better get in the way either," said Kaleo.

Sean started up the stairs followed by the others. They looked into the rooms one by one.

"We haven't found him. Maybe that kid was wrong," said Danny.

"No! He said that he talked to John. We have to keep looking," replied Sean.

"Hey you guys. I heard something down here. It's coming from that room," said Kaleo pointing at a door.

"You could of heard anything, I saw a rat a few minutes ago," said Chris.

"Which door is it?" asked Sean following Kaleo.

"This door, there's that sound again. It sounds like someone is hurt," said Kaleo.

"I hear it too," replied Sean slowly opening the door.

"Is someone in here?" asked Chris.

"There's that sound again, it's coming from that corner. Kaleo, I need a light," said Sean.

Kaleo took out a flashlight and shined toward the corner. They could see that there was someone under the blanket. They slowly walked over to where the body lay. Sean knelt down beside the body. He slowly started to remove the blanket when he heard a voice.

"No! I don't want any more. Please don't give another shot. I promise I will be quiet," moaned John who laid there shaking.

"John, can you hear me. It's Sean?" asked Sean.

"He's so far gone that he doesn't even know who we are," said Danny.

"Chris, go tell Rick to get the car ready. Danny help me to get John to the car," replied Sean.

"We should get him to the hospital," said Danny.

"No! No one can know that we found him. We'll take John back to the hotel. We have to help go though the withdrawls and the pain. There's more going on here and only John can tell us," said Sean as Rick drove back to the hotel.

"Sean, he could get the help he needs at a hospital," replied Danny.

"No hospital, he could wind up dead," said Sean holding John.

"What do you mean?" asked Danny.

"Because there's more to this than John just coming home to find his nephew. Help me get John to the car and I'll tell you all everything," said Sean.

"We had better hurry before someone see us. The sun is starting to come up," said Chris.

"Danny, you help me carry John. Chris and Kaleo be on the look out so that we can get John in the car," said Sean.

Sean and Danny picked up John by the shoulders and carried him to the doorway of the building.

"It's all clear now. You can take John to the car," said Kaleo smiling.

"What happened out here?" Sean asked looking outside.

"I think you should ask Rick," replied Chris.

"What happened?" asked Sean.

"These guys came up to the car. They tried to act like they were tough guys, so I just showed then what a tough guy was," said Rick smiling.

"We had better get out of here before they wake up," replied Sean getting in the car.

"Now we know why Max sent you. I would hate to make you mad," said Chris.

"She thought I could help," said Rick driving back to the hotel.

"Now that we have John. I'll tell you why he came home. He told me on the way to the airport. Harada agreed to his taking time off but not to look for his nephew. When John left Chicago a year ago, it wasn't by choice. It was more or less to protect him. John was part of an investigation, involving other cops. They didn't know he was undercover. He became part of a gang to learn more. After two months he had enough proof to implicate over a dozen cops. John said it involved officers and some of them high ranking. What he learned was that they were involved in drugs and prostitution. Something doesn't make sense, only Harada and Captain Martin knew that John was coming home. We know Harada, so that means Martin is one of the men that John had proof on," said Sean.

"So what do we do now?" asked Kaleo.

"We take John to the hotel and stay with till he recovers. We don't know what they were giving him but the withdrawals will start soon. We'll have to take turns sitting with him and then when he recovers, we finish what John started. We need to check out of the hotel. That way they will think that we went home. Rick we need a place out of the way. Then I want you to go to the hotel and get our stuff, if anyone asks you, we went to the airport and you came to get everything," said Sean.




Sean sat in the chair trying to sleep. He had been up for two days with John going through all the withdrawals and the hell that John had been through. He knew tht it wasn't over, he could hear John tossing and turning in the bed. Sean suddenly moved to the bed to hold John down. He held him in his arms as John was having another nightmare.

"No!....No! Don't do this to me. I don't want any more shots. No!...No! please No!...No!" screamed John.

"John! it's allright, you're safe," yelled Sean holding John.

"Sean! is everything okay?" asked Chris running into the room followed by Danny.

"Do you want one us to sit with John?" Danny asked.

"No, what I want you guys to do, is to find out everything that you can about that gang and the police that are involved. Be careful, watch your backs. Take Rick and Kaleo with you," said Sean watching as they left.

Sean laid there on the bed, looking at John who was sleeping. He tucked the blanket around John to keeping him warm. He closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep.

"Somebody help me, before they kill me. I have to try and get out of here. I can't take any more of it," cried John.

"John, you're safe. It's Sean. Can you hear me?" Sean asked.

Sean looked and found that John had gone back to sleep. I need to call Harada while he sleeps, thought Sean getting up from the bed. I hope the captain can help with some information. I'm starting to wonder who we can trust, thought Sean as he dialed the captain.

"Honolulu Police Department. Can I help you?" asked Linh.

"It's Sean. I need to talk to the captain." Sean replied.

"Is John safe?" asked Linh.

"Yes, we have him," replied Sean.

"That's good. Here's the captain," said Linh.

"Captain, we need some some information about the investigation that John was doing before he was transfered," replied Sean.

"I'll tell you what I know. It's not much but it might help. When John first came here, he told me about the investigation. He told me that he knew why he was being transferred It was because of what he was finding and that it involved several high levels up in the department. I called the commissioner there and he told me that it was his idea to transferred John for his safety. They became suspious of something happening when several officers suddenly started showing up in new cars and moving to new homes. In the past these officers were having financial problems. One thing more, John didn't go undercover alone. Two other officer went undercover with him. No one has heard him from them since," said Harada.

"Who knew that John was coming home besides Captain Martin?" Sean asked.

"Martin was the only one that knew that John was coming home. Why did you ask?" asked Harada.

"I think that Martin maybe involved because John never made it to his mom's home. Which means they took him from the airport. And that means Martin is involved with the others," replied Sean.

"Sean, be careful," replied Harada.

"I will," said Sean hanging up the phone.

"Where am I? Is someone here?" asked John.

"It's Sean, don't you remember me. I'm your friend, we work together on the police force," said Sean.

"You're one of them. Get away from me. You tried to kill me," replied a frightened John.

"John, you have to think. I didn't try to kill you. We're friends, we're partners with the Honolulu police department. You were transfered a year ago to Hawaii," replied Sean..

"I don't remember anything except there was a kid who found me in a room. How did I get here?" John asked.

"That kid told the police that he had seen you. Captain Martin called us and told us where we might find you," said Sean.

"Martin, you did say Martin?" asked John.

"Yes I did. Do you remember Captain Martin, he's with Chicago PD?" Sean asked.

"I heard the name some where. It was in a dark room, there were two men and they called each other Reed and Martin," said John.

"We think that Martin had you kidnapped the minute you got off the plane," said Sean.

"I can't remember anything about what happened to me," replied John.

"You need to sleep, it will help to get the drugs out of your system. I'll be here when you wake up," said Sean laying the blanket on John.




John's neighborhood

Rick slowly drove fown the street, he had laid the 9mm across his lap. It had been several days since they had been here and he could feel the tension in the air. He looked at Kaleo who had laid his gun in the seat.

"Watch out for anything suspicious. There're looking for someone and it might be John," said Chris looking out the window.

"Watch out for that guy on your left, Danny. He's walked up to the car very quietly. We can't take any chances," said Kaleo.

"Stop right there. You have a reason for being in this place?" asked the black man.

"Yeah, our boss sent us here to look over the place when the sun was up. You got a problem with that?" asked Rick.

"Who's your boss?" He asked.

"Mr. Maxwell, that's who," replied Rick.

"Open the door. Take me to see this Maxwell, maybe we can work out a deal to keep him out of the neighborhood," replied the man getting in the car.

"I don't think that's a good idea," said Chris.

"I do, so you'll take me like I said earlier," said the man pointing a gun at Danny.

"I see your point, we'll take you to see Mr. Maxwell. Now you can put that away," said Chris.

"How do I know you will," said the man.

"Rick, take us to Mr. Maxwell," said Chris looking at the man.

"I guess I can put the gun away. You don't look like the kind that would shoot anyone," replied the man.

"What makes you think we wouldn't?" asked Chris.

"Because if you were the bad guys that you're suppose to be. Reed wouldn't have his guys out looking for John," said the man.

"Who's John?" Danny asked.

"John's was an undercover cop here. I know that you have him. I'm the one that told the police where he was at," replied the man.

"Why did you do that for?" asked Chris.

"If I hadn't they would of killed him, just like they killed Tucker," said the man.

"Why did they kill Tucker?" asked Chris.

"They found out that he was a undercover cop. They made him a prisoner for several days and then they started giving him shots of heroin to keep him quiet. I was sent to check on him and that's when I found him dead. I had to start worrying about myself. I was afraid they would find out about me. My name is Sonny and I'm a cop working undercover with Reed's gang. I went undercover about the time John did," said Sonny.

"You took a big chance getting in this car. How do you know what we are?" asked Chris.

"John told me. I went to his mother's place a couple times. I saw the picture on the table. She told me that the picture was of John with his friends in the police department. When I first saw John, he told me that his friends would find him," said Sonny.

"You're right, we are John's friends and we did come here to find him," said Kaleo.

"I have to call Captain Martin. Reed is planning something big and it involved several police officers," said Sonny.

"You can't call him. I hate having to tell you this but Captain Martin is a bad cop and he's working with Reed," replied Chris.




Chicago Police Dept.

"I'm calling because someone has found that cop. I had my guys out looking for him but we still haven't found him," said Reed.

"I told you to get rid of him before now. He could bring everything down, if someone finds him and he talks," said Martin.

"We have looked everywhere and still can't find him," replied Reed.

"You better keep looking and hope that his friends don't find him," said Martin.

"What do you mean his friends?" asked Reed.

"You met his friends the other night. Mr. Maxwell and associates. They're cops from Hawaii, sent here to find Declan," said Martin.




The motel room

John sat up on the edge of the bed; he tried to stand but his legs were to wobbly. He sat back down in the bed. He turned to see who was opening the door.

"Sean!" He excalimed as the door opened more and he watched as Sean came through the door.

"Do you know where you're at?" asked Sean.

"No, I don't remember too much of anything," said John.

"You're in a motel. When we found you, you weren't in great shape. It took a few days to get the drugs out of your systen. I'm not surprised that you're weak. You've gone through a lot in the last few days," said Sean.

"From the way you look, I would have to say that you went through all of it with me," replied John.

"That's what friends do," said Sean who heard the knock on the door.

"It's Chris," he yelled knocking on the door.

"Just a minute," answered Sean opening the door.

"How's he doing?" asked Danny.

"See for yourself. He's doing okay except for being weak. Who is this guy, he's one of Reed's men," said Sean.

"No, he's not. His name is Sonny and he's an undercover cop," said Danny.

"Did you say Sonny?" asked John standing in the doorway.

"Yes, it's Sonny," he replied.

"I need to sit down. I'm sorry that I had to leave you behind. Martin pulled me out with no warning. I wanted to go back and try to find you and Tucker but he transfered me before I could do anything," said John.

"He needed to get you out because you were getting too close to the truth. It's gotten worse since then. Reed doesn't know it but he's only a fall guy to the others. The only thing that I want to see is Martins' face when he's arrested. Maybe it will bring some justice for what he did to Tucker," said Sonny. "He ordered Reed to kill Tucker," Sonny added.

"We need a plan for bringing them down," said Sean.

"Why can't we start a war between them?" Danny asked.

"It wouldn't take much. Reed and his men don't trust Martin and his officers," said Sonny.

"What do you mean by that?" Danny asked.

"Reed doesn't trust Martin. He never has but he gets protection from the officers patrolling the streets. It may take a little work to start this war but it might be possible if he thinks that Martin trying to get a bigger cut of the pie," said Sonny.

"How do we pull this off?" asked Chris.

"We need some uniforms and a patrol car," said Danny.

"That wouldn't be too hard to get. Patrol cars are always in the neighborhood," said Sonny.

"Then why are we standing here. We have a job to do," said Chris smiling.

"Where are you going, John? Sean asked.

"I'm going with you. I have a job to finish," replied John.

"No, you're still too weak. We'll finish the job for you. You stay here and get some rest," said Sean walking out the door.

"Now what do we do?" asked Kaleo.

"We need to go back to the neighborhood. Martin has officers patrolling the streets about now," said Sonny.

Rick drove slowly down the street. Sonny was right, there had to be at least three or four patrol cars. Sean tapped Rick on the shoulder, he knew that was his cue to draw attention to them. Kaleo watched out the window as the patrol car started to follow the limo. Rick could see the car and turned down the alley. Chris and Danny got out of the car and stood in the doorway of a building, out of sight from the patrol car.

"When they pull us over, act like there's nothing wrong," replied Sean smiling.

"Why are they waiting to pull us over?" asked Kaleo.

"They're waiting till we're out of sight from everyone. That's how they do. Then they approach the car and proceed to shakedown whoever is in the car," said Sonny handing the money to Sean.

"How much is there and where did you get?" asked Sean.

"It's Reed's money. If you want to start a war you have to have something to start it with. Reed gave the money to give to Martin," replied Sonny smiling.

"That we will do it," said Sean smiling.

"Sean, they just turned their lights on," replied Rick slowly pulling over.

"Rick, Kaleo do whatever they tell you to do," said Sean watching the officers came up to the car.

"You want to get out of the car?" asked the officers.

"What's wrong, officers?" asked Sean as he heard glass breaking. He looked at the officer holding a nightstick in his hand.

"You have a broken tailight. I'll have to write you up a ticket," said the officer.

"Where are you from? You must be new to the neighborhood?" asked the other officer.

"Maybe I can do something for you, so you wouldn't have to write that ticket. How much do you think it will cost?" Sean asked, pulling the money out of his pants' pocket.

"We'll take the money and forget the ticket," said the officer.

"Do you think that you can put your hands in the air?" said Danny. "While you're at it, we'll take the money that you just took. Don't turn around. I have a gun and I know how to use it."

"Also we need your uniforms. If you would be so nice and take them off," said Chris.

"Who are you guys?" asked the officer.

"Tell them that Mr. Maxwell is taking over the neighborhood and is going into business with Reed," replied Sean.

"Our boss wouldn't like this," said the officer.

"We don't care, now just get in the trunk," said Danny.

"You two know what to do. Make sure that Reed knows you're working for Martin. Be careful, we'll meet you back at the motel room," said Sean.

"Now to get things started with Reed. It shouldn't be too hard. He doesn't trust Martin now. We're only a couple blocks from where Reed is holed up," replied Sonny.

"Let's go meet and see what we can start with Reed," replied Sean.

"What are you planing to do?" asked Sonny.

"I'm going to make demands for a cut in the profits. That should should shake him up. Rick, Sonny will tell you how to get there," replied Sean.

"Turn left at the next corner and follow the road till you get to this brick building. You'll find Reed there," said Sonny.

Rick drove down the street and turned the corner. He saw the brick building and drove up to the curb and parked. He got out of the limo, to open the door for Sean. Kaleo walked around to the rear of the car and stood there. Sean stepped out of the car followed by Sonny, who started walking up to the building. Rick followed Sonny then Sean with Kaleo following him into the building. Sean noticed the men in the hallway as they followed Sonny. He slowly turned into a room with a man sitting behind a desk. Sean had to assumed that it was Reed.

"Who is this Sonny? Why did you bring him here?" asked Reed.

"I'm Mr. Maxwell, how's business going? My sources have told me that your friend is taking more than his share of the money," said Sean.

"Sonny, do you know what he's talking about?" asked Reed.

"Sorta, it's seems that your partner has been taking more than his cut. We have seen his boys in the neighborhood," said Sonny.

"I knew that I couldn't trust him. Sonny get the boys together. We're going to pay his boys a little trip," replied Reed.

Danny and Chris slowly drove through the neighborhood. They noticed a gang of boys and pulled over. They got out of the car and started to approach them.

"It looks like business has been good today. We're here to collect so just hand it over to us. By the way tell him that Martin's not happy with his cut and wants a bigger share of the money," replied Chris.

"Reed's not going to like this," said the kid.

"Why don't you go back and tell him for us that we don't care," said Chris getting into the car.




Sean heard his phone ringing. It could only be one person as he answered the phone.

"It's Chris, we just made a hit on some of Reed's boys. They didn't look too happy," said Chris.

"I just called Martin and he's on his way here," said Sonny.

"Mr. Maxwell, would you like to see what happens when someone double crosses me. Are all of the boys ready?" asked Reed.

"Yes, there're waiting outside," said Sonny.

"You come with me and I'll show you what happens to someone that double crosses me," said Reed walking out the door.

"Chris and Danny should have everything ready," said Sean to Sonny.

Danny and Chris stood just out of sight from the others. They looked to see that their backup was ready. Chris noticed that John was standing beside Chief Denton.

Sean follwed Reed down the street to where some officers were standing.

"What's going on here Reed?" asked Martin.

"That's what I want to know? Two of your officers ripped my boys off this afternoon," said Reed.

"I don't know what your talking about. The only two officers that were here are now missing. I want to know what you did with them?" asked Martin.

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Reed.

"I know what happened to them," replied Sean.

"How do you know?" asked Reed.

"Because my men have them and they have been talking to the chief for the last hour. You should have heard what they were talking about," said Sean.

"They told us everything," said John walking with Chief Denton.

"You're all under arrest for drugs and extortion and for the attempted murder of Det. John Declan and for the murder of Det. Tucker Raines," said Sean.

"Who are you?" asked Reed.

"Det. Sean Harrison," said Sean as Chief Denton ordered his men to arrest them all.

"I think that I'm ready to go home now, but first I have to see my mom. Since that's one the reason I came home," said John looking at Sean and smiling.

THE END