PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
- Excuse me ... - she began timidly. - I do not want to disturb, but ...


She paused in mid-sentence when a man has so far turned, looked at her. Sarah felt like all the blood flows from her face. Words bogged down her throat, and her feet began to refuse to obey. She stood staring in disbelief in the face of a stranger, who seemed surprised by her behavior.


- Can we help you? - asked her a woman with a slightly mocking smile. Sarah shuddered as if awakened from a trance. She started to violently seize the air, as if only now she realized that she needs to breathe.


- Are you feeling okay? - asked the man, and the sound of his voice almost cut off her feet. She must sit down, because otherwise she will fall.


- I ... no ... This means ... sorry ...- stuttering vaguely she returned to her table.


She sat down and covered her face with her hands. She felt as if dropped into a bottomless abyss. Her heart was beating like crazy and her hands trembled so that she could not keep anything in them.
- What is happening to me? - she thought. - For God's sake, calm down woman!

Couple at a table a few times looked at her, but Sarah did not have the courage to look there. She turned toward the window. In the glass she saw her reflection. She looked awful. Ghastly pale face, sine lips and dark circles under eyes. Just moment and get away from her all life. Something had to be in this, because on her view waitress quickly went to her table and asked if she should call a doctor. Sarah refused.
- It's nothing. I'll feel better soon ... - she said weakly.


Couple at the table asked for the bill. Sarah tried to not pay attention to them, but that man drew her thoughts like a magnet. The same face, the same features, the same look ... Almost like she saw a ghost.

Kyle ...

She knew that was not true. That is impossible. It could not be Kyle, but that's him she saw at that table. "Wrong with me." - she said. "First, those awful sick, and now this ... What more do you need? Do you wait until someone hit you over the head until you finally stopped and take some rest? Or maybe you prefer a nervous breakdown? "she chide herself in thoughts.


She had no doubt that she had hallucinations, a clear signal of fatigue. She had to get a grip. Although she very much wanted, she could not trust her own eyes. After Kyle's death she sees him everywhere, at every step ... It almost ended it for her insanity. She could not afford it. She feared that her fatal condition may have an impact on the child.


Enough! She must start to take care of herself. She needs to start behaving responsibly. She repeated in thoughts a list of things that should or shouldn't to do. But despite this, when this strange couple came out of the restaurant, Sarah got up, and almost mechanically, followed for them.

.
You must login () to review.