Last Chance by Wildcat
Summary: Chris comes to his senses and tells Vin how he feels about him and they both act on it. 
Categories: The Magnificent Seven Characters: Chris Larabee, Vin Tanner, Chris Larabee/Vin Tanner
Genres: Angst and Drama, Romance, Magnificent Seven AU: ATF
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 21797 Read: 4605 Published: 07 Aug 2008 Updated: 01 Oct 2008
Story Notes:
FloJo I hope you like it.

1. Chapter 1 by Wildcat

2. Chapter 2 by Wildcat

3. Chapter 3 by Wildcat

4. Chapter 4 by Wildcat

5. Chapter 5 by Wildcat

Chapter 1 by Wildcat

Vin Tanner was an extremely happy man.  He was smiling to himself as he made his way down the stairs from his fourth floor apartment.  He was headed to the Quickie Mart at the corner for some supplies for a late night snack and morning coffee.

 

The weekend had turned out better then he could have ever expected Vin thought to himself as he remembered how it had all started out.

 

The previous morning……. 

 

It was early and the banging on the door was insistent, Vin had yelled for who ever it was to go away but they wouldn’t.  As Vin crawled out of bed throwing on sweats and a t-shirt he stalked to the door of his small apartment, gun in hand, called out and asked who it was.

 

“Chris. Come on Vin let me in, your neighbors are starting to complain and stare at me.”  The blond team leader said as he stood shuffling his feet back and forth thinking this might have been a bad idea.

 

“Chris?” Vin said as he opened the door to his boss and best friend.  “Its 6:00 in the mornin’ what’da ya doin’ here? Is somethin’ wrong?”

 

“No, nothing wrong really, I just need to talk to you.  Maybe I should just come back later or forget the whole thing.”  Chris said as he ran his hand through his hair messing it up.

 

Chris started to turn away and head down the hall when Vin huffed and swore under his breath.  “Damn stubborn, pig headed mule.”  then yelled, “Chris, get your ass back here now before I shoot you.  I do have a gun in my hand remember? “

 

Chris Larabee turned around and gave Vin the sweetest smile and walked back into the apartment without complaint.

 

As Chris walked into Vin’s apartment, he realized it was now or never.  He had stayed up all night thinking about his feelings for the young man and finally decided he couldn’t wait anymore, today was going to be the day he told him how he felt.  He had gotten up and drove over not realizing it was so early, but now that he was here, it was time to face the music.

 

As Vin walked back into the apartment he asked, “Want some coffee?”  when the blond leader nodded yes, Vin continued.  “So now why don’t you tell me what’s so all fired important that you had to rush over here this early and couldn’t wait a few hours to tell me?  You do remember I was supposed to come over to the ranch and ride Peso today, right?”  The young man stood smirking at his boss’s obvious discomfort as the blond blushed when he realized that in his rush to confront him he had forgotten that Vin was supposed to be at the ranch later.

 

As the coffee brewed, Chris started to pace the small kitchen trying to get his jumbled thoughts together, so he could explain himself to the sharpshooter.  Now that he was here, he thought it was harder to actually say what he wanted to say.  Vin watched patiently as Chris paced, watching the emotions run across the blonds’ face as he worked though what he wanted to say.

 

Finally, the coffee was done and Vin poured two cups handing one to Chris, “Here, let’s go sit on the couch, your makin’ ma hair hurt just watchin’ you pace like that.”  Vin said as he led the way to the small living room, taking a seat on one end of the couch.

 

Chris heaved a great big sigh and walked to the couch and took a seat opposite from Vin, he placed his coffee on the table in front of him and decided to just jump in with both feet.

 

“Vin, I came here to talk to you and I want you to sit there until I’m completely finished before you say anything.  Can you do that for me?”  Chris asked.

 

Vin visibly tensed as Chris began to talk and decided he didn’t like sound of what Chris might have to say but he nodded his agreement and waited with his breath held.

 

“Relax and breathe, Vin, I don’t think what I have to say is bad but it’s all according to how you take it.”  Chris huffed and decided to just do it.  “Vin, over the past several months I have been rethinking our friendship and I want to make a change.”

 

Vin started to protest but Chris held up his hand forestalling his comment.  “Let me finish first.”  He said.  Vin settled back and nodded, but he wasn’t happy about the conversation any more now.

 

“As I started to say, I’ve had lots of time to think and I want to tell you what I have been thinking about.  After your last injury a couple of weeks ago I realized how close you were to being killed and I didn’t like it one bit.  The reason I didn’t like it was that I realized that I loved you.  I love you Vin, like I loved Sarah.  Maybe even more than I loved Sarah, at least you understand the job where as she never did, and never tried too either.  I, Chris Larabee, love you, Vin Tanner, for the rest of my life.  You are my heart and my soul and I need you in my life in every way.”

 

When Chris finished he waited for the punch he knew was coming but it never did.  He looked across at Vin and realized he had stunned the young man.  Vin was just sitting there with his mouth slightly open, a shocked expression on his face.  He couldn’t grasp for a few minutes what Chris was saying, his mind was trying to work it all through.

 

When Chris realized how stunned Vin was he decided to take a chance and make a move on him.  Chris leaned across the couch and tentatively kissed Vin, softly like a butterfly’s wings brushing his lips.  Vin’s tongue involuntarily licked across his lips where Chris has kissed him.  That movement made him snap out of his stupor and lean in to kiss Chris back.

 

Lips meet in the middle touching gently at first getting familiar with the feel, then getting more passionate as the kiss deepened.  Lips parted and tongues started the age-old dance against each other, trying to see who could suck the other’s tongue in first.

 

Hands slowly started their own exploration on bodies as tongues explored mouths, teeth and lips.  Shirts were lifted and bare skin was touched with gentle fascination as the heat the two men were building rose.

 

Chris finally broke the kiss and looked into the diluted eyes of his new love.  For Vin, it was like a dream come true, he had always wondered what it would be like if he and Chris got together but he would never have made a move on his friend for fear of losing him.  For Chris it was like coming home, when he looked into those eyes he saw his future, their future.

 

“Bedroom?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Within minutes, the men were in the bedroom and stripped of all clothing.  They stood on each side the bed naked with eyes devouring each other.  Vin slowly climbed onto the bed and stalked toward Chris on his hands and knees.  Chris stood there mesmerized as he watched Vin coming toward him looking like a big, graceful and beautiful cat, all smooth lines and lean muscle.

 

When Vin reached Chris, he leaned up on his knees and wrapped his arms around the blond’s waist, pulled him in close and kissed him long and hard.  After several minutes of kissing and slow stroking over bare skin the men broke apart again panting for breath.

 

As the two aroused men stared into each other’s eyes, they both asked simultaneously, “Are you sure?”  “Yes.” Was the answer both men gave without reservation and with silly grins on their faces.

 

As they resumed their kissing Chris slowly pushed Vin back onto the bed and climbed on top.  The two men’s engorged shafts rubbed together in a sensual welcoming dance as their pre-cum mingled together to make the motion slippery.  Soft moans and the slapping of flesh against flesh could be heard as they proceeded to try and devour each other while not breaking contact.  Their rhythm more frantic as they reached their peak, both men stilled, arching into each other and climaxed together, semen shooting out between the nearly joined bodies mingling together covering them both in a sticky mess.

 

When they were both spent they dropped back down onto the bed with Chris draped over Vin like a well-worn blanket. They lay like that for several minutes trying to catch their breaths, both bodies limp and unable to move from the shear force of their orgasms.  Chris lifted his head and looked into Vin’s eyes and fell head long into them knowing he’d found his home in Vin.

 

“Wow” “Yeah” “That was……” “Yeah” Was all the conversation they could manage for a while as Chris rolled off Vin and lay quietly next to him.

 

The quiet of the morning stole over them and they drifted off into a gentle sated sleep.

 

An hour or so later Vin woke up with a start realizing that while they were asleep they had managed to wrap themselves around each other and were a tangle of legs and arms.  The call of nature was making itself known to Vin since he hadn’t relieved himself when Chris had showed up at his door earlier, now those demands were getting to a painful point.  Vin gently untangled himself while trying not to wake his new lover.  As he climbed out of bed he looked down at Chris, his new lover, it was going to take some time to wrap his head around it.

 

He quietly padded off to the bathroom and took care of business, then quickly washed away the dried mess on his stomach.  He thought about cleaning up Chris but decided against it since the man was still asleep and he didn’t want to wake him.

 

Vin headed into the kitchen to make fresh coffee and see what was in the fridge and cabinets for food.  As he set up the coffee maker he thought they would have some food for the day and if need be they could have delivery or just run to the store down the street.  When the coffee was set up and brewing Vin decided to crawl back into bed to feel the warmth of Chris’ body next to him.

 

Vin lay in bed thinking this had to be a dream but when he looked over at Chris, he found the blond awake and smiling a goofy smile, then he leaned in and kissed him again.  Nope definitely not a dream as his power of thought was taken away by the power of Chris’ kiss.

 

When they broke apart a few minutes later Chris looked at Vin and asked, “That fresh coffee I smell?”  Getting off bed and heading into the kitchen.

 

“Yeap even got a couple of eggs and some bread if you’re hungry.”  Vin replied getting up and following Chris into the kitchen to start some breakfast.

 

For the next half hour, the two men worked in silence making toast, eggs and even finding and cooking some bacon that was hidden in the back of the freezer.

 

Before they sat down to eat, they decided to put on some sweats, Vin lending Chris an old pair.

 

Once they were settled at the table they dug into their food.  After the initial hunger was satisfied Vin broached the subject of what had happened and why.  Was this a one night thing or forever kinda thing?

 

“Chris, I think we really need ta talk.  What we did this morning was great and all but I gotta know, is this a one time shot or what?  When Monday morning comes around we back to business as usual?  Thanks but no thanks, just curious kinda thing?”

 

Chris just waited for Vin to finally finish so he could explain his feelings for the young man.  It had taken him a long time to accept what he felt for his best friend and more importantly his teammate, and subordinate truth be told.

 

“Vin, I have been thinking about this for a long time.  I knew I loved you the first time I saw you but I didn’t want to admit it to myself because I wasn’t ready to let anyone in and I am your boss.  You changed all that with your easy friendship and after last weeks close call I knew I couldn’t hide it anymore.  The job be damned, I love you and want you in my life forever.  Can you handle that?”

 

Vin stared at Chris for a few minutes letting everything Larabee just said soak in before reacting.  Chris sat and watched the play of emotions cross his lover’s face and eyes as they absorbed and registered exactly what had been said and what it all meant.  Chris knew the moment realization had hit the young man, bracing for his next reaction.

 

Vin flew out of his chair and nearly bowling over the other man in his haste to show him how much he could handle, realizing everything he had ever wanted but never thought he’d have was now dropped into his lap.

 

The two men were on the move again, kissing and fondling each other all the way back into the bedroom stripping off the sweats as they flopped onto the bed never breaking contact.  Both men were so aroused they were at breaking point when Vin stopped and pushed Chris away.

 

Chris looked at Vin with startled eyes but before he could say anything Vin put his hand out to stop him.

 

“Wait a minute Cowboy, if we’re gonna do this we’re gonna do this right.  Hold your horses and stay put you hear me?”  Vin said as he got up.

 

Chris mutely nodded his head yes and relaxed back onto the bed stroking himself lightly to keep himself ready for Vin’s return.

 

Vin walked into the bathroom and came back a minute later with a tube of lube and a handful of condoms.  Vin always either did the taking or received blowjob, he never let anyone take him so he knew he was clean but he wanted to let Chris choose.  Vin knew Chris had never done this before and wanted to teach him everything he knew but one step at a time.

 

Chris watched Vin walk back into the bedroom from the bathroom his eyes going dark with the passion he felt for the younger man.  All sleek muscle and tanned skin moving in a beautiful rhythm as the naked form walked over to him. When he saw what Vin had in his hands, he felt a little nervous never having done this before and now wondering if he’d rushed into something to quickly.

 

Vin saw the look as he stopped in front of the blond.  Vin leaned in again and kissed him.  “Sshh, it’s gonna be alright, trust me.” And kissed him again, quieting the nervous man, crawling back onto the bed and over the naked and aroused form of his partner.  As Vin kissed and licked Chris’ lips he set the condoms and lube down by Chris’ head and used his other hand to slowly stroke over the pale body below him.  He gently tweaked one nipple until it was hard then moved to the other; his other hand worked its way down the long torso.  Vin loved the velvet smooth skin under his fingers, enjoying the play of quivering muscles under his touch.

 

For his part Chris was moaning and writhing under Vin’s touch never having felt this kind of wonderful sweet torture before.  In all the years he had made love to women he’d never had this kind of experience, the feelings Vin was making him feel were all new to him.  When Vin’s had finally reached his aching cock he felt like he wanted to come right then and there but Vin’s hand didn’t stop at his cock it moved past and he moaned his disappointment.

 

Vin teased the hairs around Chris’ cock then rubbed over the sensitive skin on the thighs before gently parting Chris’s legs so he could stroke more of the quivering thighs.  Vin kept kissing Chris so he would be completely relaxed as Vin played every nerve of his body taking it to near explosion.  All Chris could do was clutch the blankets in his hands and hold on to them as the sensations he was feeling rolled through his body and he moaned into Vin’s mouth.

 

Vin released Chris’ mouth with a sigh and grabbed the lube coating his fingers before returning to kiss the blond senseless.  As Vin worked the blonds mouth with his own he worked his pulsing hole with gentle fingers.  Slowly rimming the hole and teasing at the opening making Chris moan even louder.

 

Vin moved his mouth and wandering lips over Chris’ cheeks to his ear rimming it with his tongue before diving in and out again then down to the lobe of Chris’ right ear and gently bit it as he pressed one finger into Chris’ pulsing hole.  The dual sensations making the blond arch up in pleasure, he thought he would come right there it felt so good.  Vin worked his finger all the way in and slowly pulled it out again before pushing it in again, grazing the small nub inside.

 

Chris broke away from Vin with a near scream.  “Oh god Vin, do that again.  What was that?” He said as he felt liquid fire run through his veins, he’d never felt anything like that before and wanted to feel it again.

 

Vin chuckled, “Liked that did ya?  Well let me see if I can hit it again.”

 

Vin proceeded to hit the spot over and over again making Chris arch off the bed and stay in that position for several agonizing minutes while fire ran through his blood.  Just when he thought he’d explode Vin stopped and grabbed the base of Chris’ cock so he couldn’t come.  Chris whimpered and relaxed back on the bed as his body came back from the edge.

 

“Ya ready for what’s next Cowboy?” Vin asked as he looked into Chris’ diluted and glazed eyes.

 

“Yeah, I think so.  Don’t think I could be any more ready.”  He responded leaning up for another kiss. “Don’t use a condom either, I want to feel you moving in me” As wet swollen lips met wet swollen lips in a searing kiss that left both men breathless.

 

Vin nodded as he moved around to get between Chris’ legs.  He was too emotional to say anything so he didn’t.

 

Chris relaxed back and watched Vin’s face as he moved and prepared himself.  He could see the emotions crossing the young man’s face and decided he had made the right choice.  He trusted Vin and knew that Vin would never hurt him.

 

Vin lifted Chris’ legs and bent them so Chris’ thighs rested on his chest.  Vin lined up his cock with Chris’ hole and pressed forward.  As he started to push through he leaned over and took the blond in a breath stealing kiss.  Chris tensed for a moment as he felt Vin’s cock push through his opening.

 

Vin broke the kiss and touched his forehead to Chris’, “breathe, just take some deep breaths and relax, the pain will go away in a minute.  That’s it, in and out, nice and slow.” He said as he felt Chris relaxing into the pain.  As Chris’ body relaxed Vin slipped in further and further.

 

As Vin felt himself slip all the way in he didn’t let his body move, holding himself in place until Chris gave him a sign that he was ready.

 

When the pain subsided Chris felt this overwhelming feeling of being completely filled and knew he wanted more.

 

“Move damn it.” Chris growled.

 

Vin slowly pulled nearly all the way out to the head of his cock then just as slowly pushed his way back in.  He kept up that slow and steady rhythm dragging his cock over Chris’ prostate over and over again making the man all but beg Vin to go faster.  As Vin looked at Chris’ pleasure filled face, eyes half closed, he knew he couldn’t hold on much longer and started to speed up his pace.

 

“Look at me, open your eyes and look at me Chris.  I want to watch your face the first time you come for me.” Vin said as he drew them both to the edge and waited for Chris to comply.  He wouldn’t finish them both off until Chris opened his eyes.

 

Chris opened his eyes and stared into black pools that were Vin’s eyes.  Vin adjusted his position and drove home hitting Chris’ prostate dead on.  He drove himself in over and over, again faster and faster, as he stared down into Chris’s face.  The next time Vin hit the spot electricity shot through Chris’ veins; he arched off the bed and came with a force he had never felt before.  Vin stilled his movements and watched Chris as his seed shot all over his belly.

 

While the last tremors of Chris’ orgasm rocked him Vin picked up speed and drove his cock as far in as possible and shot his seed as deep into his lover’s body as he could.  As he came he looked into Chris’ eyes seeing pure bliss, he ground his hips into Chris trying to almost drive himself into the other man.  Vin dropped onto Chris and both men panted to breathe.

 

As his breath returned to normal Vin reached down and slowly pulled out of his human sheath.  When he was completely free of Chris’ body both men moaned softly at the loss.

 

Chris had never thought it could be that good and knew it would only be that good with Vin.  He loved Vin even more now then when he’d arrived at Vin’s place earlier that morning.  Had it only been a few hours he thought sleepily?

 

Vin looked at his new love and knew he’d found home.  Vin reached for Chris and wrapped himself around him as they drifted off to sleep.  “I love you Chris.” He said as sleep over took him.

 

“I love you too Vin.”  Chris said as he felt Vin relax into sleep and followed his lover into pleasant dreams.

 

The two men woke up hours later and proceeded to spend the rest of the day in bed making love to each other.  Vin being gentle and showing Chris everything he needed to know, to please the other man. By dinner time they decided to order pizza and drink the beer in Vin’s refrigerator.  While they were waiting for the pizza the men showered and put their sweats back on.  Vin opened the bedroom window to air out the room while they watched some TV and ate their dinner.

 

After dinner they stripped the bed, remade it with clean sheets and went down to the laundry room to wash the soiled ones.  While they were in the laundry room they couldn’t keep their hands off each other.  They kept kissing and touching until they were both fully aroused again.  Vin lifted Chris on to the washing machine as it spun and started to strip him again.

 

“Wait, what if someone walks in here?  Vin, stop, we can’t do anything here.  Oh, shit, don’t stop that feels so good.”  Chris moaned.

 

Vin stopped much to the disappointment of Chris and walked over to the laundry room door, closed and locked it.

 

“Now you don’t have to worry ‘bout nobody walkin’ in on us.” Vin said as he walked back to Chris and finished taking his sweats off.

 

“Next part of your lesson.” Vin said as he licked Chris’ rock hard cock.

 

“Oh, god that feels good.  More please, more.  Oh yeah.”  Chris moaned as Vin licked then swallowed Chris cock whole and proceeded to suck him dry as the washer vibrated underneath him.  His cock was so sensitive by this time he came quickly shooting his seed down Vin’s throat.  Vin swallowed greedily not wasting a drop.

 

Vin moved Chris over to another washer then put sheets into the dryer while Chris recovered.

 

When Chris recovered he pulled his sweats back on and jumped down from the washer.  Vin stood in front of him with a raging hard on.

 

“Your turn.”  Chris said as he stripped Vin of his sweats.  He lifted Vin onto the dryer, it didn’t have as strong a vibration as the washer but it was good enough.  The one thing that Vin didn’t realize was that Chris loved oral foreplay and in one swoop swallowed him down to the root and proceeded to give him a blow job the likes he’d never had before.

 

Chris may have never done this before but he sure knew what he liked and figured Vin would like the same thing.  A few minutes later Vin came with a scream and shot his seed down Chris’ throat.  Chris struggled then relaxed and swallowed as much as he could some seeping out his mouth to run down his chin, wiping it away when he let Vin’s now limp cock slip from his mouth.

 

Vin pulled him up into a quick kiss then licked the remnants from his chin.  Vin then pulled his sweats on and they unlocked the door, leaning on the washers and dryers waiting for the dryer to stop.

 

By the time the two men headed back from the laundry room they were to tired to do more than flop into bed and exchange slow sloppy wet kisses before drifting off to sleep wrapped in each others arms.

 

Sunday morning…… 

 

Vin woke up later than usual and remembered why when he felt the warm body in bed with him.  As he came to full wakefulness he realized it wasn’t all a dream.  That he and Chris had spent the whole day Saturday in bed making love as many times in as many ways as they could.  Chris stirred next to him and he leaned over to give him a morning kiss.

 

“Hey”

 

“Hey yourself, how you feeling today?”  Vin asked, knowing Chris would be a little sore from the previous day’s activities.

 

“A little sore, not bad though.”  Chris replied wanting another kiss.

 

“Come on, lazy bones, outa bed and into a hot shower for you.”  Vin said as the kiss ended.

 

“You gonna join me?”  Chris said wiggling his eyebrows at Vin.

 

“Yeah,” Vin laughed climbing out of bed. “After I get the coffee going and see what’s left for breakfast.”

 

“Ok, ok, spoil sport.  Don’t complain if you take to long and I use all the hot water though.”  Chris said as he rolled out of bed a little awkwardly.  “Maybe a hot shower is what I need right now.”

 

Vin laughed as he headed to the kitchen to get the coffee going, he used the last of the coffee and knew that they would have to hit the store sometime today to get more supplies for the day and the next morning.

 

Once the coffee was set up and brewing Vin slipped into the shower with Chris. They explored each others bodies as they washed each other from head to toe.  Their slow exploration of each other lead to wet kisses under the showerhead until the water grew cold and they climbed out to dry each other off.

 

Beads of water still clung to their skin as they made their way to the bedroom.  Vin started licking the water from Chris’ chest sucking first on one small brown nipple then the other.  Chris not wanting to be left out pushed Vin onto the bed and pounced on him, returning the favor until he had both nipples diamond hard and Vin whimpering for more.

 

Chris sat back and looked at his handy work, he had Vin right were he wanted him, hot, hard and ready for action.  Chris was sitting on Vin’s thighs and when he looked down he got an evil grin on his face.  He reached over and grabbed the lube and slicked both their cocks.  He took both of them in his hand and slowly stroked them, trying to bring them both off together.  Vin reached out his hand and covered Chris’ helping him to bring them off.  Once Vin’s hand touched Chris’ it was like lightning, a few pumps of both their hands and they were arching into each other shooting their seed all over their hands and Vin’s stomach.

 

As Chris got up off Vin and went into the bathroom to get a wet cloth to clean them off, he realized he would never be able to get enough of Vin.  Every time he looked at him he wanted to throw him down and have his way with him.  He’d have to thank Vin properly for teaching him how to make love to another man.  He knew it would take the rest of his and Vin’s life to thank him and that was alright with him.

 

Chris cleaned Vin up then they headed into the kitchen to eat some breakfast so they could repeat yesterday’s events. After finishing off the rest of the bread, eggs, bacon and coffee the men decided to relax and watch some TV for a while.  It was Sunday and the football game was gonna start in a few minutes.  They didn’t even try to put some clothes on because they knew they wouldn’t last long anyway.

 

The game turned out to be pretty uneventful, so the boys decided to have some fun instead of finishing the game.  They made love on the couch then fell asleep during the last quarter of the game.  When they woke up several hours later the afternoon game had already started.

 

Vin went into the bathroom and washed up quickly and slipped on some clean jeans, t-shirt and sneakers.

 

Chris looked at him with lazy eyes and asked what he was doing.

 

“I’m gonna run down to the store at the corner real quick and grab some food so we have some stuff for lunch and more coffee and beer too.”  Vin said as he grabbed his wallet off the table by the door.  “You planning on staying over tonight too or are you going back to check on the horses?”

 

“I’m staying, I have a change of clothes at the office for tomorrow.  Want me to come?”  Chris said making to get up off the couch.

 

“Nah, only gonna be a few minutes, ‘sides you got anyone taking care of the horses since you been gone?”  Vin said as he opened the door.

 

“Shit, I forgot all about them.  I’ll call the Albertson boys while you’re gone and clean up the breakfast dishes.”  Chris said as he got up to get his phone.

 

Vin walked out of the apartment laughing.

 

Vin Tanner was a happy man, he’d just found the love of his life and life couldn’t be better.

 

Vin walked into the grocery store and never knew what hit him.  All he thought of was the pain exploding in his head as his body hit the floor and the hard boots kicking his side.  His last thought was of Chris and how much he would miss him as he lost consciousness.

 

“Policia! Policia!”  Jorge yelled as the two store robbers beat and kicked Vin as he lay on the floor of the store bleeding to death.

 

Jorge had hit the silent alarm when the men came in his store with guns in their hands. These young punks had been harassing all the storeowners wanting money but as of yet neither man had been caught by the Police.

 

Jorge knew the young man being beaten on the floor was a policeman who lived in the neighborhood; he liked him as he was always so helpful.  Vin had helped him several times with trouble in the store. It was Vin and JD who had set up the alarm and camera system when all the trouble started.  Now all he could hope for was that the Police would hurry up and get there he could hear the sirens in the far off distance.

 

Vin’s apartment…. 

After slipping on his jeans, Chris walked to the sink with the frying pan from the morning’s breakfast and suddenly got dizzy.  He shook off the feeling hearing the sirens.

“Oh god, Vin.”  The blond said as he ran out of the apartment with only his jeans on.

Scene of the beating……. 

The two thugs didn’t hear the siren as they beat and kicked their helpless victim realizing that he was a policeman and they could be put in jail if he had seen them robbing the store.  The two men weren’t smart enough to realize that if they killed him they would be tried for murder.

 

Hector and Roger stopped for a second when they thought they heard something.  They both stood still listening, they heard the sirens but didn’t realize they were heading for the store they were in until they got closer.

 

The two young men ran out of the store and right into Chris Larabee.  Chris had been so frantic when he felt Vin’s pain he didn’t think of getting his gun, shirt or shoes before heading out the door.

 

The three men stumbled to the ground as two police cars pulled up.  The four policemen came rushing out of their cars to arrest the men they had seen running from the store.

 

When one of the officers tried to confront Chris he blew up in the man’s face yelling at him that he was an ATF Agent but couldn’t produce a badge.  At that time the storeowner came running out saying they needed help someone was hurt bad and the officer forgot about Chris and ran in to see what the situation was.

 

TBC

Chapter 2 by Wildcat

 

Chris followed and fell to his knees with a strangled cry, covering his face with his hands as the tears flowed.  There lying on the floor was Vin’s broken, bloodied and unmoving body.  As the Policeman started to check for a pulse he was startled by the blond’s reaction.

 

“He has a pulse, faint but it’s there.” Officer Jones said, trying to get the crazy blond man to snap out of it.

 

“What?” Chris said as he uncovered his eyes.

 

“He’s alive right now, I need you to go get someone to call for an ambulance.  MOVE IT NOW!!!  He doesn’t have long if you just sit there!!!”  Officer Jones screamed at Chris, he could feel Vin’s pulse getting weaker and weaker.

 

Chris jumped up and ran out of the store rushing to the nearest police car, he grabbed the radio and called for an ambulance.

 

One of the officers looked at him as he exited the car.  Officer Joe Davis remembered Chris Larabee from his days on the Denver PD, he had been a rookie when Chris and Buck were on the force.  He remembered the terrible deaths for his wife and child and how he had been after that dark time.  Now wondered what he was doing here today and dressed or undressed the way he was.

 

“Chris” Joe called, “What are you doing here.”

 

“One of my men is the victim in this store robbery.”  Chris replied, realizing how it looked that he as standing there with just jeans on.  “Need to go up and get my badge and rest of my clothes.”  Chris said as he turned and walked into the building.

 

Chris ran up the four flights of stairs to Vin’s apartment cursing to himself as he went.

 

”Shit, shit, shit. Why did it have to be someone I knew from the force?”  Chris muttered as he ran into the apartment to get his clothes, gun, badge, shoes and cell phone.

 

Christ stopped at the door and took a deep breath before he walked out again locking it behind him, he had grabbed Vin’s keys too.  Chris knew the police would question him and he had to have a good reason for being at Vin’s nearly naked.  This was going to be a big lie but to save both of them he’d tell it for now.

 

As soon as Chris walked out of the apartment building he scanned the area to see what was happening before aiming for the store and his hurt lover.  The officer approaching was the officer in charge. Officer Davis walked up to Chris with an outstretched hand shaking hands they preceded to the store. 

 

“Chris, good to see you again, sorry it has to be in such a dire circumstance. Can you tell me what you know about this situation?  You rushed off to quickly before.”

Chris kept walking as he shook hands trying to get back to the store to see how Vin was fairing.  While Chris was upstairs the ambulance had arrived and had taken over care of the injured young man from the officer.

 

 “Chris, I need to ask you some questions and we need to get your statement.” 

“I know Joe, I know, I just want to make sure my guy in there is doing ok before I answer your questions.”  Chris said with a wiry grin trying to hide the pain and fear he was feeling at that moment.

 

The two men stepped into the store were pandemonium had broken out.  Vin lay on the floor covered in blood and Chris nearly lost it when he saw him again.  Chris kneeled down by him and started talking softly to the unconscious man he realized he loved more than life itself.

 

The paramedics tried to get Chris to leave Vin’s side but wouldn’t be budged.  They needed to tend to him, but Chris just kept telling them it’s better if he’s near the young man if he wakes up.

 

“What’s his name?” one of the paramedics asked Chris.  “Vin, Vin Tanner.”  Chris relayed looking at the pale face of his lover.

 

“George, you hearda him?  I know I have.  Can come up swinging or shooting unless one of his team is there to calm him down.”  Raphael said.  “Who are you?” he asked Chris.

 

 “Special Agent Chris Larabee, his boss.”  Chris replied as he slowly stroked down the side of Vin’s face, wanting to tell them he was Vin’s lover. 

“Yeah, I hearda him.”  George said, “Yeah you stay right here I don’t wanna get shot for trying to help him, but I don’t think he’ll come round, he’s been beat pretty badly.”

 

“How bad is he?”  Chris said sadly. Knowing that most people were afraid of Vin when he came around after being injured.  Vin usually came up swinging to protect himself from being hurt and usually hurt someone around him if he felt threatened.  Chris knew some of what Vin had gone through growing up but not everything and Vin didn’t talk about it.

 

The paramedic started giving Chris the run down of Vin’s injuries when Vin’s heart stopped.  Chris got out of the way so they could resuscitate him.  When they got him back they rushed him into the ambulance with Chris grabbing hold his hand again so he could feel the connection.

 

Officer Davis yelled out that he would talk to Chris at the hospital.  Chris nodded as the doors closed and the ambulance sped away.  Chris wasn’t going anywhere as long as Vin was hurt, he’d finally found him and he wasn’t about to let him get go now.  Vin was going to be in the hospital for awhile from the injuries the paramedics had told him about and they didn’t even know if he had any internal bleeding yet. 

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq 

Chris waited until the doctors had given him the complete run down on Vin’s injuries before he called the rest of the team.

 

On the second ring Buck Wilmington picked up “This better be good, I’m in the middle of something important.” Buck said as he rolled away from Louisa, his newest girlfriend.

 

“Vin’s in surgery and may not pull through, that important enough for you?” Chris snapped.

 

“Geez, Chris I’m sorry, how bad is he?”  Buck asked rolling out of bed and grabbing his clothes.

 

“Call the rest of the team and meet me at the hospital then I’ll let everyone know how bad he is.”  Chris sighed, hanging up the phone as he walked back to the OR waiting room. Within a half an hour the rest of the team showed up.  Nathan immediately went to the nurses station to find out any information before heading up to the OR waiting room.

 

Chris was sitting in a chair with his head between his hands looking down at the ground when the rest of the team arrived.  The five men stopped and saw the broken man and wondered what had happened to their teammate. The five men cautiously approached their team leader and sat down around him waiting until he pulled himself together enough to talk to them. “Chris, they said at the desk there wasn’t much information and that he just went into surgery, what happened?”  Nathan quietly asked.

 

“He went to that little grocery store on his corner and walked into a robbery.  The robbers beat the holy hell out of him before he even knew what was going on.”  Chris said as he looked at each man.

 

“How’d you find out all about it?  I thought he was goin’ riding today at your place?”  Buck asked shaking his head.  Vin seemed to find trouble no matter where he went.

 

Shit, Chris thought to himself he couldn’t think up any reasonable excuse for Vin to have stayed in town instead of heading out to the ranch.  Luckily the Nurse came over with an update to Vin’s condition and distracted everyone.

 

“Gentlemen, I gather you’re all here for Mr. Tanner?” Nurse Weller said, she wanted to make sure that they were all there for her patient.  She had already had dealings with the blond man sitting quietly surrounded by the other men.

 

“Yes, they’re here for Vin. They are the rest of his family.”  Chris said as he looked at her.

 

“Ok, I just received a call from the OR informing me that they had a set back and will still be in surgery for another hour or so.  It seems that one of the broken ribs lacerated Mr. Tanners Liver causing major internal bleeding, they then had to find the laceration and try and repair it.  They are still pinning the shattered rib together.  Once he is out of surgery they will cast his broken leg and his arm but there will be a drainage line since the bone punctured a hole through his arm.   The doctors are monitoring his heart and brain waves since he didn’t regain consciousness before heading into surgery.  You already know he had a severe concussion from the kicks to his head and hitting the hard ground, but they also found a large gash on the back of his head which was stitched up along with several other cuts he received from his attack.  Do any of you have any questions?” The efficient nurse asked.  “Also, Officer Davis is here to see you. Mr. Larabee.”

 

“Thanks, no, I don’t have any questions.  Do you Nathan?  You’re our expert.”  Chris said as he stood planning on talking to the officer in private.  “Do you have a room I could use to talk to him in?”  Chris said as he started for the main lobby.

 

All the men shook their heads no so the nurse showed Chris a room he could use to talk to the Officer in before dealing with the rest of the team.

 

Chris met Officer Davis and they followed the nurse to an empty family room. 

As they sat down in the room Chris started to explain only what he had seen.  “Joe, I don’t really know anything, I heard the sirens and knew Vin was at the store so I ran down there to find out if he was okay but ran into the two perps as they ran out of the store.  Your men took care of them and I went into see how he was.  The officer asked to have an ambulance called in and I did it.  Then I went and grabbed my badge and stuff from Vin’s apartment.”  Chris said leaving off that he was shirt and shoeless at the scene.

 

“That’s pretty much what I got from my men when I talked to them after you took off in the ambulance.  I just wanted to ask, do you think Tanner would have seen anything before he walked into the store?  Maybe tried to help?” The officer asked.

 

“No, I don’t think there was enough time, and if Vin had been aware he would have fought back.”  Chris relied.  “Vin is a trained Federal Agent and can kick most people’s asses; I’ve seen him do it. So no, if he’d have seen something he would have stopped it.”

 

“How is he doing by the way?”

 

“Still in surgery, they just came out and gave us an up date.”

 

“Bad?”

 

“Yeah, Joe, what they told us was bad, they don’t know if he’s going to make it.”

 

“Sorry to hear, Chris.  He a team member?”

 

“Yeah, my sharpshooter.”  And my lover, best friend and my life, Chris thought but couldn’t say it out loud.  He just wanted to scream at the unfairness of it all.  They had just found each other now he may lose him too.

 

“Geez, sorry Chris, I hope he makes it.  I’ll let you get back to waiting for him to come out of surgery; if he by chance does know something can you let me know?”  Officer Joe Davis said as he got up and offered Chris his hand. Chris shook his hand and they both left the room, Chris heading back to the waiting room and Davis to the elevator. 

 

Chris went back to his seat and sat down putting his head back, closed his eyes effectively stopping any further conversation.

 

Two hours later the doctor came out of the O.R. asking for the family of Vin Tanner.  Chris stood up and with the other five men walked over to the doctor.  Chris was Vin’s POA and had complete say in his medical care if and when he was hurt and couldn’t sign for himself.

 

The doctor explained Vin’s injuries again and that he will be in recovery for a while and only one person at a time can see him until they move him to ICU.

 

“He’ll make a full recovery but he’ll need some physical therapy for his leg and arm to build up strength after the casts come off.  He is a lucky young man.  I would like to know how this happened to him, I’ve read his files regarding all of his other injures but this is different.”  Dr. Hodges said.

 

Chris sighed, he knew he had to explain something to the doctor but he didn’t want to really lie about everything either so he decided to stretch it a little.

 

“Well we had been working on a problem at his apartment and while I was cleaning up he ran down to the store to get some stuff he needed for the morning, two minutes later I heard the sirens and knew instantly it was Vin and he was in trouble.  When I got to the store he was down and bleeding, the Officer was calling for an ambulance.  They said he walked into the middle of a robbery.”  Chris said.  He suddenly stopped spun around and snapped his fingers and pointed to JD.

 

“JD, you and Vin, didn’t you two do some work to that store, installing cameras and stuff?  Chris said waiting for an answer.

 

“Yeah, yeah, we did, Chris.  The storeowner was having problems with local gangs so Vin and I installed some cameras and recording equipment and a silent alarm to the police department.  That way if he was being robbed no one would know he pressed the button and the police would come quickly.  Why?”  JD asked nervously.

 

“So everything has been recorded?”  Chris asked looking thoughtful.

 

“Yeah, I keep an archive of the entire goings on in the store for the owner. Why?” JD asked again.

 

“I want you to get the tape, I want to see it and make a copy for the police too.”  Chris said.

 

“Ok, I’m on it right now.”  JD said and left with Buck.

 

The doctor who had been listening to the whole conversation didn’t understand why the leader of the ATF wanted to see the tape except to see his team member being beaten half to death.

 

“Gentlemen, if you’ll excuse me, I need to check on my patient.  Mr. Larabee I gather you would like to be the first to check on Mr. Tanner?”  Dr. Hodges said.  “I’ll send someone out when he has been settled in.”  With that the doctor walked away.

 

A few minutes later the nurse came to get Chris from the waiting area.  “He’s in # 101; he’s resting comfortably but still unconscious.” Nurse Thomas told him as she led the way.

 

When Chris reached Vin’s room he knew Vin would be hooked up to different machines but every time he saw it, it was a shock to him.  This time it was worse because now it was his lover there.  The person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with and he hoped and prayed would be a long life.  He couldn’t find Vin now just to lose him as quickly.  Chris knew in his head that the doctor told him Vin would be fine but his heart was still afraid.  He knew his team didn’t understand why he wanted to see the video of Vin’s attack but he had to see what those animals did to his lover.  He wanted to kill them with his bare hands but now wasn’t the time.  He walked into the room, sat down by Vin’s side, took Vin’s hand in his, put his head down near his lover and silently cried.

 

A little while later the nurse came in to check on Vin’s vitals and told Chris that his team had some information for him.  The room was low light so she couldn’t see the tear stains on Chris’s cheeks when he asked her to let them know he’d be out in a few minutes.  Chris quickly went to the restroom and washed his face with icy cold water hoping his red, puffy eyes wouldn’t be so noticeable.  He pulled himself together and walked out of the restroom and into the waiting room to see what JD and Buck had brought back.

  

The nursing staff let the six men borrow a room with a VCR in it so they could watch the tape of the store hold up.

 

The six men sat around the table as the video played.  They saw the two men walk into the store and look around making sure no one else was in it.  Then one walked up to the counter and pulled out a baseball bat and threatened the owner forcing him to give them all his money.  The second one had another baseball bat and stood by the door to keep watch.  From the angle of the second camera you could see that the owner had pressed the silent alarm while he was getting the money together.

 

As the one criminal turned from the counter to leave the other one told him that someone was coming.  Vin walked into the store and was immediately hit over the head with the bat. Then both men started kicking him and beating him with the bats until they heard the sirens, then ran out of the store right into Chris. By the time the perps had stopped, Vin was already unconscious and bleeding from the broken arm and hit to the back of the head.

 

The video also showed Chris running into the two men who had hurt Vin and the police arresting them.  It showed the storeowner running out can calling for help for Vin, Chris shirtless and shoeless running into the store with the police and helping Vin.  It showed Chris collapsing to his knees with a strangled cry after seeing Vin lying there on the floor beaten and bloody.  They saw Chris cover his face with his hands and the tears flow until the officer made Chris go and call for an ambulance.

 

JD stopped the tape then and everyone sat back absorbing what they had just seen.  Nathan now understood why the doctors were concerned that Vin hadn’t woken up before the surgery and was still unconscious now.  Josiah steepled his fingers and rested his head on them with his eyes closed like he was seeing it all again.  JD sat back with a stunned look on his face knowing his friend had suffered a terrible beating.  Ezra loosened his tie and went to the window to look out of it trying to gather his thoughts.

 

Buck was the only one who had something to say and it surprised everyone at the anger he felt.

 

“Where the hell was your clothes Chris?  What the fucking hell were the two of you doing before he got beat to shit?  Huh, Chris?  Vin make a pass at you and you tumble into bed with him?  Little cocksucker deserved what he got!!”  Buck bellowed from the other side of the room from Chris.

 

The room got deadly silent as all eyes turned to Buck Wilmington, four men jumped up to condemn what he had just said arguing that Vin never deserved something so terrible.  As the other members of Team 7 screamed and yelled at Buck Chris slowly walked over to his long time friend and before anyone knew what was happening Chris had Buck pinned to the wall choking the life out of him.

 

Buck had been surprised at Chris’ attack and didn’t have time to defend himself.  As Chris squeezed Buck’s throat he snarled in his face.  “I pursued him; he had no idea when I showed up at his door yesterday morning what I wanted.  I seduced him and I sucked his cock and enjoyed every minute of it.  You don’t like that Vin and I are now together, fine, hand in your resignation and get the hell out of my sight.”  Chris said giving one more squeeze before letting Buck go.

 

Buck dropped to the floor wheezing and coughing trying to catch his breath.

 

Chris swung around and looked at the rest of his men.  “Any of you feel the same way Buck does?  If so, get out now.  Don’t show your face if you ain’t Vin’s friend.”  Chris said glaring at the other men.

 

Josiah and Nathan put out their hands palms up in a non-threatening way so that Chris understood they meant no harm.  Josiah spoke for both of them to Chris in a calming voice.

 

“Chris, Nathan and I are happy for you and Vin.  We’ve seen the way you look at our young friend and are happy you are finally able to love again.  It doesn’t matter that he’s another man love is love no matter what shape or form it takes.  We’re behind you one hundred percent.  We both wondered how long it would take you two to realize you were meant for each other.”  Josiah said with a smile on his face, looking over at Nathan who was smiling and nodding his head in agreement too.

 

Chris slowly released a sigh and ran a hand threw his hair releasing some of his tension.  He knew Buck was still behind him on the floor but right now he didn’t care.  He waited to see what both JD and Ezra would say next as he turned to the two of them.

 

JD was first to step up and show his emotions.  “Chris, you gotta know I don’t feel like Buck does, I like Vin and you both and I think it’s great you’re both happy and I want you to both be happy together for a long time.  You and Vin are like mentors to me and I don’t care if you’re sleeping together.  I’m not as young and naïve as everyone thinks.  When my mother was a maid the guy she worked for was gay, in the closet, but gay.  He had a wife and kids but he would bring home guys sometimes during the day when my mom was cleaning and she never said a word to anyone about it.”  JD stopped talking when everyone looked at him with surprise.  “What?” He said.

 

Nothing everyone said at the same time and laughed a little.  The youngest of the group showing how smart and mature he was, what a change.

 

While everyone was amazed at what JD had revealed no one saw Buck slip out of the room.  He headed to Vin’s room in the ICU, he was furious with the long haired sharpshooter.  He was in a blind rage when he walked into the room.  Vin lay in bed hooked up to machines and tubes running in and out of him and he was still unconscious but Buck didn’t care.  He started screaming at Vin to wake up, grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him to wake up.  Within seconds the machines hooked to Vin started beeping and alarms went off.  The doctor and nurses ran in the room and called security to get Buck off an unconscious Vin as he had started to hit him telling the unconscious man to stay away from his friend.

 

When Chris and the rest of the team heard a commotion coming from the ICU they rushed in to see what was happening, realizing that Buck was gone. They were horrified to see Buck attacking Vin.  Chris was the first to react and grabbed Buck by the shoulders and threw him against the wall and punched him.  As Chris’ anger took over he started to pummel Buck as he screamed at him “You bastard, you want to beat on someone, you beat on me, not someone that can’t even defend himself, not someone I love, you son of a bitch, you’re gonna need a hospital room by the time I’m through with you.”  Before anyone could stop, him Chris punched Buck in the face and continued to beat on him until the security guards; Josiah and Nathan pulled Chris off and separated the two men.

Chris told them to throw him out and ban him from the hospital as he turned around and went to the other side of Vin’s bed as the doctor started looking over his unconscious patient.

Josiah, Nathan and the guards took Buck outside and made sure he understood that there would be a report and his picture would be posted informing all the guards that he was not allowed to enter the hospital unless he himself was injured. The guards weren’t happy but Josiah and Nathan talked them into not calling the police and having Buck arrested.  They made the guards understand that it was in internal matter and they could handle the situation without the interference of the police department.  They promised the guards that Buck wouldn’t try anything else stupid to cause anymore trouble.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you Buck?”  JD yelled.  “Vin isn’t even conscious yet and you’re attacking him.  What? Are you trying to kill him?”

 

“My Dear Mr. Wilmington, you may be upset with the change in status between Mr. Larabee and Mr. Tanner but you will do no one any good if you harm young Mr. Tanner in the state he is in now.  Mr. Larabee may have threatened us many a time about shooting any one of us for our errant ways but I do believe in the state of mind he is in now he would shoot you without blinking an eye.”  Ezra berated using small words so Buck could understand.

 

“Let me look at you, make sure you’re alright before I go in and see if you did any more damage to Vin or if he’s ok and see how Chris is.”  Nathan said, as the two security guards turned and headed back into the hospital.

 

Buck took a deep breath and sat down on the curb.  Realization struck him as the angry haze lifted and he groaned at what he’d done.  Realizing he nearly killed someone, no less, a supposed friend just out of surgery was now weighing heavily on him.  “Oh God, what have I done?  How could I do that? What was I thinking? To a friend who has saved my sorry hide more times then I can count.  Oh God they will never forgive me.”  Buck groaned.

 

“I don’t know Buck, but you better hope you didn’t do any damage to Vin or like Ezra said Chris will kill you.  You may not like that they are together but your either going to have to get your head around it or resign from the team.  Your vehement outburst in there and your attack on an unconscious, helpless man didn’t do you any good in anyone’s eyes right now Buck.  I suggest you go home and cool down and think long and hard about your actions tonight.  If you want to talk about it all you know you can call me.  Right now though I think it’s best if you weren’t around here.”  Josiah said.  “JD, think you can drive Buck home?”

 

JD looked at his roommate with a degusted look.  “Yeah, I can get him home.  I’ll comeback after I drop him off.”  JD said grabbing Bucks truck keys and headed out to the parking lot where the Classic Chevy was parked.

 

“Mr. Wilmington, I would hope that tomorrow you were not in the office at the same time as our leader.  I doubt Mr. Larabee will be in but you should call either myself or Josiah before strolling in and receiving a rather rude surprise if he does make it into the office.  I bid you a good night, may you think long and hard on your actions tonight.”  Ezra said as he headed back into the hospital to check on his friends.

 

Buck started to protest, “How can alla’ you be accepting of two men fucking each other?  It ain’t natural, men are made for women not other men.  He was married for god sakes and he had a kid.  Why can’t he just come to his senses and marry Miz. Travis?  She’s been after him for a while now and they look good together.  Hell, Chris already likes little Billy.  I didn’t mean to blow up like I did but couldn’t Vin just leave Chris alone?”

 

Josiah shook his head.  “Buck didn’t you listen to Chris at all?  He chased after Vin.  If you hadn’t noticed Chris doesn’t like Mary that way either.  He can barely tolerate her some times when she just about throws herself at him.  He always politely rejects her overtures.  Vin didn’t do anything to Chris, you really haven’t been paying much attention to what really has been going on in the office for months have you.  Chris has been acting like a lovesick puppy whenever Vin’s around and when Chris doesn’t think any of us noticed it.  You’ve been so busy with your newest lady friend these past months that you haven’t noticed anything.  Louisa Perkins must really be something for you not to notice what’s been going on.  Think on it and call me later.”

 

TBC

Chapter 3 by Wildcat

 

Buck sat on the living room couch with an ice pack on his face head resting on the back of the couch.  He started to think long and hard on why he had gotten so angry at Vin for Chris’ declaration that the two men had gotten together as a couple.  He wasn’t prejudice; he had seen many things as a child growing up in a brothel.  It may be that he had always held a secret hope that Chris would get together with the widow Travis.  She was one of the few women in Denver who wouldn’t fall into bed with him and even though she nearly threw herself at Chris, he never seemed to notice. 

Buck sat up thinking long and hard on the why of the whole matter.  The answer started to fall into place as he thought back over the past two years, since Vin came on board with the team.  How Chris seemed to change and be more like his old self before Sarah and Adam died, not all the way but closer to his old self.  It was also Vin Chris turned to the past two years on the anniversaries and birthdays of Sarah and Adam.  It was Vin who was there whenever Chris needed a confidant anymore.  Vin had seemed to seamlessly step into the best friend role without even trying.

 

Buck was the best friend, he knew Chris the longest and best, not Vin.  What hurt most was that Vin always seems to know what Chris was thinking before he said anything.  Buck could never be that in tune with Chris and for Vin it was second nature.  Chris and Vin seemed to be able to communicate without words most of the time and it spooked everyone because you could just look at them and see that they were talking without talking then break into speaking as the mind conversation ended.  They would then lay out whatever plan they had just come up with to the rest of the group.

 

The one thing about Vin was that he never stepped on anyone’s toes.  Whenever Buck wanted Chris’ time Vin wouldn’t begrudge him anything, somehow, someway Vin became number two to Chris without a word being said and Buck Wilmington was jealous.  Extremely jealous and hurt.

 

Buck picked up the phone and dialed Josiah’s number.

  

By the time Buck reached Josiah he had just finished his turn to visit with Vin.  They were all taking turns visiting the unconscious young man and it was now Nathan’s turn.  The big man knew that Buck would call him that night he just didn’t know when.

 

The doctor had checked over Vin while Josiah and everyone else was dealing with Buck so by the time they got back in they knew that Buck hadn’t done much damage but enough for Chris to want to rip Buck to pieces.  He had ripped out the IV’s in Vin’s arm and given him a few more bruises on his face and chest.  The biggest concern was any more damage to the already shattered rib and spleen.  Some how Vin was lucky and nothing was harmed.

 

“Hello Buck.”  Josiah said as he grabbed his vibrating phone while he sat in the waiting room.  Having a phone turned on in the ICU was a hospital no-no.  It could cause any number of machines to not give the correct readings.

 

“Josiah, can you come over when you leave the hospital?  If you leave the hospital?”  Buck sighed into the phone.

 

“I’m about done Buck, Chris is planning on staying all night so I’ll head over there in just a few, I think JD plans on stayin’ with Ez tonight and it’s better that he does.  That way you can talk without worrying about upsetting him anymore.”  Josiah said.

 

Buck perked up and asked “He that upset?”

 

“Yeah he is, he don’t rightly know how to feel so Ezra decided to let him come over there and rest.” Josiah said.  “He’s just confused since you’re the most open minded person he knows and he looks up to Chris and Vin, you know how he strives to be just like them.  He knows that with how you were raised in a brothel and all that you wouldn’t have flipped out like you did.  His whole perception is now gone.  He just needs some time to sort it all out for himself.  Don’t even think of calling him tonight we all need some time to deal with this situation and he doesn’t need you confusing him anymore right now.  See you in a few.”

 

Sighing and running his hand through is thick, black hair, “Alright Josiah, I’ll leave him be for tonight, I don’t know what I’d say to him anyway. See ya soon.”  With that, Buck hung up the phone and went to wash his face and take some aspirin.

  

Josiah showed up half an hour later with some food and beers for them to eat and drink while they talked.  The big man figured it would help relax and loosen Buck’s tongue even more.  There was a lot of resentment he’d heard in Buck’s voice when they had spoken on the phone.

 

As the two men sat down with pizza and beer Josiah let Buck get a chance to sort through his thoughts on why he was so angry and resentful to Vin and his relationship with Chris. The Profiler gave him the space he needed to figure it all out.  The two men settled into the living room couches both lost in their own thoughts while they ate.

 

After a few minutes Josiah sat back with a sigh, his stomach temporarily full from the first few slices of meaty, cheesy pizza.  He decided it was time to start the conversation and get the air cleared as soon as possible.

 

“Buck, why don’t you tell me what the real reason is for you being so angry at Chris and Vin.  We got all night Brother and a frig full of beer to work this out.  I’m here for you.”  Josiah said.

 

Buck sat back with a sigh rubbing at his mustache, he knew this was coming but he still didn’t know how to express what he was feeling.  After a few minutes, he sat up with his elbows on his knees and his hands steepled over his face.  He ran his hands down his face and took a deep breath; he knew why it all bothered him, now he had to admit it all out loud to someone else besides himself.  After all this time it was going to be difficult.

 

Josiah sat patiently watching all the emotions running across the younger man’s face and knew he had finally come to a conclusion about the whole situation.   Now he just had to come clean and talk about it.

 

When Buck started to talk, it was slowly and quietly as to let the memories and thoughts flow through him as he said them out loud for the first time in years.

 

“I don’t remember if I told you or not but my mother was Madam of a high class brothel.  She catered to men’s and women’s needs. I don’t know if you have ever been in a house like that  where anything you wanted was yours for the right price.  If a man wanted a certain kind of man he got exactly what he paid for just like if he wanted a woman with green eyes or whatever.”  Buck looked over to Josiah to see if he understood and Josiah nodded his head yes.

 

Buck continued, “When I was about 18 just before joining the Navy and meeting Chris I decided I wanted to see what it was all about in the men’s pleasure house.  I had always been a curious boy and had my cherry popped when I was 14.  One of the ladies in the house taught me a lot about how to make a woman feel good.  Between her and a few of the other ladies I was well versed in how to please a woman and enjoyed it as often as I could.  One day when I was about 15, I caught a glimpse of two men together in one of the rooms and got rock hard watching them.  I had known about them before but never witnessed them getting it on before that day.  I was surprised at how much I wanted to be doing what they were.  I still loved the ladies but now I was curious about having sex with a man.  So it was the last thing I did before joining the Navy.

 

I asked one of the guys that worked for my mother if he would show me.  He was surprised since he had seen me many times with one or another of the ladies.  I told him that I was curious and wanted to know what it felt like.  I didn’t tell him that I had seen him three years ago pleasuring one of my mothers clients.”

 

Flashback to past

A young Buck Wilmington cautiously walked up to Christian’s bedroom with one thought on his mind.  Today he wasn’t going to hang out with his friend he wanted Christian to show him what it was like to have sex with another man.  When Buck was 15, he watched Christian and one of his many clients having sex and he couldn’t believe he was really turned on by it.  He’d been thinking about it for the last three years and decided he wanted to try it before he left for the Navy.  Buck had aspirations of being a Navy Seal and was set to ship out in a couple of weeks.  It was going to be now or never since he’d never told his mother about the incident or his curiosity about what it would be like.  Buck had waited until his mother was out for the day at the spa with several of the girls being pampered.  The fewer the people that knew the better.

Christian was a very good-looking man in his early twenties.  He had come to the house when he was just 18, Buck was a gangly 12 yr old at the time.  Buck grew to be a little taller then Christian who had sun kissed blond hair and blue eyes.  Christian kept himself in shape so he  was the one who helped Buck get in shape for the Navy.  Spending the last several months working out with Christian made Buck decide he wanted this with him.  All of Christian’s clients both men and women are more than satisfied when they left his bed.

Buck knocked on Christian’s door and waited for him to answer.

“Who is it?” Christian asked.

“It’s me, Buck.” Buck nervously answered.

“Well come on in, you’ve never knocked before.” Christian relayed as he finished putting his clothes away.  “What’s up? You look like someone ran over your favorite puppy or something.” 

“Um, well, I’ a, um, wanted ta ask you something if you don’t mind and you’re not busy.”  Buck said in a rush of words. 

“Ok, shoot.”  Christian said as he sat down on the bed.

“Iwannaknowwhatit’sliketohavesexwithamanandIwantyoutoshowme.” 

“Um, Buck you might want to breathe and say that over again.  I thought you were going to faint there for a minute buddy.” 

Buck walked up to Christian, stood right in front of him, leaned in and kissed him. 

When Christian pulled away, he looked into Buck’s eyes and said, “Are you sure this is what you want?”

“Yes.” 

“Does your mother know what you want me to show you?”

“No, and I don’t want her to know either.”

“You’re putting me in a hard spot here Buck, especially if she finds out and you or I don’t tell her.” 

“You can tell her after I’ve shipped out.” 

Christian nodded his head and sighed as he got up to lock the door and turn on his TV.  Everyone knew that was his signal that the wanted some alone time.

As Christian turned around to look at Buck, he had a smile on his face, Buck was young and willing and he wanted to give his friend a wonderful gift before he left for the Navy.  He would make love to the young man to show him how great it could be with another man. 

Christian himself loved making love to both sexes, as long as the partner was willing ready and able he would show them a good time. 

Christian walked up to Buck and told him to relax and enjoy this experience before he kissed him senseless. 

Christian slowly took off Bucks shirt and had his pants open before the young man realized what was happening to him.  All he knew was that Christian’s’ hands running over his body felt good, better then he could have imagined.  He was rock hard again in minutes and Christian had barely touched him.  Buck pulled back and looked down to realize his pants were open but to tight to take off with his erection in the way.

They both smiled and stripped off the rest of their clothes quickly.  Christian took Buck by the hand, led him to the bed, and laid him down on his back.  Christian then proceeded to kiss, lick and suck Buck from head to toe.  Buck for his part was writhing beneath the onslaught of sensations that he had never felt before.  Oh, yeah he had made love to women before but what Christian was doing was to his young mind simply amazing. 

By the time Christian finished teasing Buck, his cock was so hard and leaking he thought he would die from it.  Christian moved so that he was directly above Bucks leaking cock with his mouth, he blew soft puffs of air over the tip then swallowed him down.  Christian sucked him dry so quickly Buck didn’t stand a chance to warn him of his release.  He’d never had a blowjob like that before, the girls were more gentle with him. 

Christian looked at Buck and asked him if he was ready for the final step.  While Buck was slowly recovering from his orgasm Christian started to prepare him for him to be penetrated.  Christian explained to Buck what he was doing while he was doing it.  He explained why you have to use lube while he slowly inserted one finger into his ass.  When Buck felt it slide in, he tensed up and involuntarily tried to push it out.  Christian started kissing Buck to take his mind off what was happening to him.  Soon Christian had three fingers pumping in and out of Buck and he was humping those fingers. 

Christian pulled out his fingers and repositioned himself between Bucks splayed legs.  He looked into the young man’s eyes and saw that he was ready but he still needed to ask and hear it for himself.  He would have stopped if Buck had said no but it would have been hard. 

“Buck are you sure you want this?  We can stop now if you have any doubts.”  Christian said. 

“I want this more then ever now.  It maybe the only time I’ll ever get the chance to try this with someone I trust.  Do it, do it now, I can’t wait anymore.”  With that Buck took his hand and started pumping his re-engorged cock while he stared into Christian’s eyes. 

“Remember to breathe and relax, it may hurt for a few minutes but it’ll pass.”  Christian said as he positioned the head of his cock at Buck’s pulsing hole and started to push in. When the head popped through the ring of muscle he stopped and started to rub Buck’s stomach in circles.  “Breathe, Buck, let the pain wash over you, it’ll be gone in a minute.  Just breathe and relax, that’s it relax.” 

Soon Buck was relaxed enough for Christian to continue to push in, he would push in a little and pull out then do it all over again until he was completely buried in Bucks ass.  He stayed that way for a minute then ground his hips into Bucks.  Christian leaned in and kissed Buck trapping his cock between the two men. Christian started a slow rhythm pulling half way out then pushing in then pulling nearly all the way out then pushing back in to the hilt.  He kept kissing Buck keeping him distracted while he plundered the young man's body.  Christian had a lot of stamina so this went on for a while until he angled his cock to hit Buck’s prostate every time he pushed back in.   

Buck saw stars the first time Christian hit something amazing inside of him.  He turned his head away so he could break the kiss and ask in a panting voice what he had done. 

“What the hell was that?  I think I saw stars.”  Buck said. 

“Liked that did you?”  Christian asked.  Before Buck could answer Christian hit it again, all Buck could do was groan low in his throat it felt so good.  Buck began meeting Christian’s strokes until they were frenzied and Buck came shooting between their bodies.  His convulsing muscles brought Christian over the edge as he shot his load deep inside Buck.  As Bucks brain slowly returned to him he could feel Christians seed filling him with a warmth he’d never felt before. 

In the two weeks before Buck had to ship out to the Navy he and Christian got together everyday to make love. 

The day he arrived at the base he made his first friend.  Christopher Larabee was a younger version of Christian, except that Larabee had intense green eyes to Christian’s laughing blues.  Buck knew he was lost forever in love with a straight man. 

“Josiah, I always thought that if Chris wanted to try the other side of the fence it would be with me.  I told Chris years ago that I dabbled in same sex relationships when we were roommates and he didn’t have a problem with what ever I did.”  Buck sighed and sat back.

 

Josiah understood what Buck was saying.  He’d always hoped for a relationship with Chris.

 

“When Chris married Sarah I thought my chance was over then when Sarah and Adam were killed I had started to hope that maybe we could get together.  Then Vin showed up and the two of them hit it off so well.  Chris started to come alive again and left me pretty much in the dust.  I guess I was jealous that Chris turned to Vin instead of me and that hurt.  He depended on Vin for everything and now they have what I wanted.  When Chris loves it’s with everything he has, I wanted that kind of love.”  Buck said putting his head in his hands.  “Sick isn’t it.”

 

Josiah looked at him, “Buck it isn’t sick just wishful thinking on your part.  You wanted something from Chris that he could never give you.  I don’t think he ever had thoughts of loving another man until he met his soul mate.  And yes Buck, Vin is Chris’ soul mate, they were made for each other. Through time they’ve found each other, you can see it in how they’ve always had a perfectly natural rhythm together it just so happens that in this lifetime they’re both men.  You have a soul mate too you know you just need to find that person to love you unconditionally; like Chris and Vin.  There’s someone out there for you but you’ve been so busy waiting for Chris that you haven’t been looking.  You need to accept that Chris will never be yours the way you want him to and move on.  Find that someone male or female they’re out there waiting for you.  If it wasn’t for Vin I don’t think Chris would have ever thought of having a relationship with a man.”

 

Buck looked at Josiah and said, “Yeah, I guess your right, Chris has always been out of my reach and I don’t even begrudge Vin having him.  They were made for each other alright.  Only Vin could ever control Chris’ temper like he does.  I never did have that way with Chris.”

 

“Now back to the main situation.  Buck, it isn’t going to be easy making amends for what happened at the hospital tonight and your apology to everyone.  The rest of the team is ready to shoot you before either Chris or Vin can.”

 

Buck groaned into his hands remembering how he attacked Vin while he was still sedated.  What he did was unforgivable and now he had to figure out how to get everyone to forgive him.  “I really screwed up this time didn’t I?”

 

“Yeah you did, but nothing that can’t eventually be fixed.  We just gotta get a game plan together, you should start making amends with JD, Ez and Nathan first.  Chris will be to focused on Vin to deal with your apologies until Vin’s better.“  Josiah said, patting him on the back.  “When you screw up you really do a good job of it.”  Both men talked a while longer before turning in for the night.

 

TBC

Chapter 4 by Wildcat

The next day Buck felt better about his conversation with Josiah as the two men sat and eat breakfast they talked about who and how to approach the team about his out burst the day before.

 

The first would be JD, Buck figured he would make him understand without as much explanation as he would have to do with Ezra, Nathan, Chris and most especially Vin.  Chris and Vin would be the hardest to explain to.

 

“We’ll see you boys in a few minutes.” Josiah said into the phone, “Buck really needs the three of you there so he can talk to you and apologize, just hear him out before you say anything alright Nathan?”  Josiah hung up the phone with a tired sigh, the ex-preacher knew it wasn’t going to be easy explaining to the team Buck’s attack on Vin but it had to be done so the healing could begin, hopefully.

 

Buck pulled into a parking spot at the hospital and turned off the engine.  He closed his eyes and leaned his head on the steering wheel and breathed a deep sigh.  Josiah reached over and rubbed between his shoulder blades to help reassure him.

 

“Come on Buck it isn’t going to get over if you don’t leave the truck.”  Josiah said.

 

“I know, I know.  It’s just that I’m afraid that they’ll never forgive me.”  Buck replied.

 

“You’ll never know until you try.”  Josiah answered.

 

Buck grabbed his keys, and locked his truck.  “Let’s go.”   Buck said and walked away.

 

The two men walked towards the hospital in companionable silence.  Each deep in their own thoughts.

 

Nathan, JD and Ezra stepped out of the hospital doors as the two other men approached deciding that any confrontation should be far and away from Vin’s hospital room.  Chris had stayed with the unconscious man all night and he wasn’t in the best of moods.

 

Buck put up his hand forestalling any comments from the other men.  “Let me explain first before you all say anything.”  Buck said and launched into his explanation not giving the other men a chance to say anything.

 

“I’m sorry, I went a little crazy yesterday and I can’t even begin to explain why.  All I can say is that it freaked me out that my oldest friend is now sleeping with one of my close friends. The whole 'Vin might die because of some stupid store robbery' is freaking me out too.  I mean I’ve known Chris for a long time and I never thought he swung that way, and Vin, I didn’t think he liked either sex since he has never really dated since he came to the team.  Then to walk in on a robbery and nearly get killed?  I’m just freaking out here.  I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.  I can’t say it enough.”  Buck said.

 

“Geez, Buck that’s a lame excuse.  Haven’t you noticed that Chris and Vin have been getting closer and closer in recent months?  We all have.  Oh, that’s right you’re always so worried about who is going to be Ms. Tonight to pay any attention to what happens in the office.”  JD blasted.  “You’re only mad because you’re the last to know and we didn’t say anything to you nobody can be happy around here but you according to you.”

 

”I agree with my young friend here, you Mr. Wilmington have been so preoccupied that as the rest of the team has been silently routing on the developing relationship between our esteemed leader and our sharpshooter.  I, for one am glad that they admitted their feelings for each other and acted on them.  They belong together and in our line of business they should take whatever happiness they can get.  I am betting on Mr. Tanner to finally wake up and come back to all of us.  You, Mr. Wilmington should be praying for that too.”  Ezra said.  “For if Mr. Tanner does not wake up you might as well plant Mr. Larabee next to him.”

 

“Ezra and JD are right Buck, Chris and Vin seem to be made for each other, if you’re jealous then that’s your problem.  If something happens to Vin and he don’t wake up Chris is going to gunning for you since you decided to go in there last night and attack him.  It doesn’t matter that the beating Vin took might kill him, all Chris is going to remember is what you did.”  Nathan said, looking at Buck with sudden realization.  “That’s it isn’t it Buck, your jealous of Chris loving Vin instead of you.  After all you’ve been there for Chris for a long time, especially after Sara and Adam were killed.  Didn’t know you swung that way Buck.”

 

“Alright, alright, you’re all right.  I haven’t paid any attention to what’s been really going on in the office between Chris and Vin, and maybe I am a little jealous but I don’t want Vin to die.  God no!  If Vin makes Chris happy then more power to the both of them, I’m glad they both found happiness.  I love Chris and Vin like brothers and want whatever is best for both of them.”  Buck said in a defeated voice.

 

Josiah stepped in at that time saying, “Alright boys that’s enough, Buck feels bad enough about what he did and why.  We talked about it all last night and he’s come to terms with the change in dynamics between Chris and Vin and how it will affect the team.”

 

The three men looked skeptical but didn’t say anything else.  All five turned and walked into the hospital so they could check on Vin and Buck could try and talk to Chris.

 

The five men sat in the waiting room for Chris to come out and give them an update.  As the morning wore on the team leader didn’t emerge.  Nathan decided to take matters in hand and go in and talk to Chris and bring him out of the room to get some food and rest.

 

Nathan walked into the ICU and watched his team leader and friend sit in a chair holding his lovers hand.  Vin hadn’t woken up since he came out of surgery eight hours ago.  The doctors said that sometimes it’s normal with the abuse Vin’s body had taken.  Nathan quietly walked over Chris and put his hand on his shoulder gently so he wouldn’t startle him. “Chris, I’ll sit with Vin for a few why don’t you go get something to eat and get cleaned up.  You don’t want him to wake up and see you looking so bad do you?”  Nathan gently chided.

“Go way Nathan, I don’t need anything but for Vin to wake up.”  Chris said without looking at the man.  “I just need him to wake up and show me his baby blues.  Can you understand that?”

“Yeah, Chris, we all understand that.  Even Buck finally understands that.  Why don’t you go out there and make peace with him.  He’s really sorry for being so stupid and doing what he did.  He wants to apologize to you and when Vin wakes up him too.”  Nathan replied.

“Not sure I’m ready to talk to him let alone forgive him for what he did to Vin yesterday Nathan.”  Chris said as he tried to find a comfortable position in his seat.  He knew that he needed to get some food into himself but he didn’t want to leave Vin just in case he woke up.

“I’ll let you know if Vin stirs an inch Chris, you don’t have to accept his apology just listen and get something to eat while you’re at it.  You know the doctors said he may not wake up for a while because of his injuries and surgery.  I’m here and I won’t let anything happen to him, you know that.”  Nathan argued.

Chris shook his tired head and walked out of the ICU room Vin was in.  He paused outside the room, not really wanting to deal with Buck but he knew Nathan would just continue to shoo him out of the room anyway.

As Chris slowly walked to the waiting room he let is anger over what Buck had done the night before come over him so that he was angry by the time he made it to the waiting room.  He didn’t want Buck’s excuses or his apologies either.  What he really wanted was for Vin to wake up and let him know that he was ok.  Since Vin wasn’t waking up he felt like he should be blaming Buck for attacking him in his sleep.  It was a twisted way of thinking and he knew it but he didn’t want to think rationally he wanted Vin to wake up.  His heart hurt for the fear lurking there that he finally admitted his feelings for Vin and acted on them and now he might lose Vin all because of some stupid store robbery that he walked in on.

Chris stopped just outside the waiting room and watched the other members of his team as they waited for news or a chance to see Vin.  He could see that at least two of his men were giving Buck a long talking to.  He could see JD and Ezra pacing back and forth in front Buck nearly yelling at then man sitting with his head down and his shoulders slumped.  It was a totally defeated Buck Wilmington sitting in the room before him.  He didn’t need to do anything, the rest of the team had pretty much beaten him up already. 

When Chris walked in JD and Ezra stopped mid-tirade and looked at him.  Buck slowly looked over at the door and realized why both men had stopped berating him seeing Chris standing here.

 

“I guess it’s your turn now Chris.  These two haven’t stopped since Nate went to relive you a while ago.  You gotta know how sorry I am for losing my damned mind and attacking Vin like that.  I don’t know what happened and I’m sorrier then you can ever imagine.”  Buck said in a quiet voice.

 

Chris ran a hand through his hair heaving a long sigh.  The steam he had built up walking to the waiting room disappeared as he had listened to the younger two man vent on Buck.  “I’m just surprised is all Buck.  I mean of everyone I would have expected you to be more understanding about my relationship with Vin.  He never stood a chance, I wanted him and made it known when I showed up at his apartment Saturday morning Buck.  I chased him not the other way around.  Can you accept that?  It seems the rest of the team has.  But can you?”  Chris looked into Wilmington’s eyes and asked.

 

Buck was elated and saddened that it might all end depending on what he said.  He knew he would always love Chris but the man was now out of reach forever.  For Buck knew that when Chris gave is heart he gave everything, he knew Chris was in love with Vin and always would be.  He just hoped nothing would ever happen to that longhaired sharpshooter or they would lose Chris right along with him.  His decision made, he looked at Chris and answered.

 

“Chris you know I only want what’s best for you and it seems as though Vin is what’s best for you and you for him.  Just please keep that boy safe.  I don’t think I can take another midnight call when I’m entertaining.”  Buck said with a smile reaching out and giving Chris a big bear hug.

 

The other four men let out a collective sigh as the two old friends made up.  Knowing that once Tanner was ok everything would be ok again.  Peace would once again come to team 7.

 

Chris and Buck headed to the Cafeteria to get some food and coffee and talk through their issues more while the rest of the team decided they would help keep Nathan and Vin company until the two men returned.

 

Vin woke up a few minutes after Chris and Buck walked away.  As always he had difficulty regaining consciousness, the anesthesia always making him sick.  Nathan told Vin that Chris had been there all night and was just getting something to eat he’d be right back.  Vin calmed down and tried to wait but fell back to a healing sleep.

  

An hour later both men came back more relaxed with each other not quiet all the way but closer then when they left.  Buck knew he could never tell Chris his true feelings for him but he was happy for his old friend.  If Chris could find love again after what he’d lost then Buck knew he would eventually too.

 

Chris walked into Vin’s room asking Nathan if everything was alright.  “He only woke up for a couple a minutes, Chris.  You know how sick he gets after surgery.  I told him you were here just trying to get something to eat.  He fell right back to sleep.  He’s doing ok, Chris don’t worry.”  Nathan said and moved out of the way so the blond could see for him self that Vin was ok. 

 

Nathan walked out of the room smiling as he watched Chris sit down and take Vin’s hand into his own.  Chris kissed VIN’s hand and laid his head down on the bed by their entwined hands.

 

An hour later Vin stirred on the bed waking Chris.

 

“Hey”  Vin said sleepily.

 

“Hey, yourself.  Chris sat up and grinned.  “You finally decided to wake up and let me see those beautiful baby blues.”  Chris said as he stood up and leaned over the bed and brushed his lips over Vins.

 

“Didn’t mean to scare ya Cowboy.” Vin said breathlessly.

 

“Well ya did, I’m not lettin’ you go to the store anymore without me.  I can’t lose you Vin, not to something like this.”  Chris said with tears in his eyes.

 

They couldn’t finish their conversation because the Doctor walked in at that moment.

 

“Excuse me Mr. Larabee, I need to check over my patient and see how he’s doing now that he finally has woken up.”  The Doctor said.  You must have been really tired before you got hurt Mr. Tanner, I hope you slept well because now comes the fun part.

 

A few minutes later the Doctor walked out of the ICU and into the waiting room were the six men sat and waited for an update on Vin’s condition.

 

“Well gentlemen, Mr. Tanner will make a full recovery but he will need some Physical Therapy for the leg and arm.  His liver will eventually heal and he’ll be back to work in no time.  He will however need to be off for the next two months for all the bones to heal.  If everything is ok with his checkups I don’t see why he couldn’t do light duty until his Physical Therapy is done.  Oh and by the way I’ll be letting him go home in a week, we have to watch the damaged liver and ribs; we don’t want him getting pneumonia on us.  When we release him he’ll be in a wheelchair for a while because of the broken arm and leg.  Any questions gentlemen? Said Dr. Hodges.  “If not I’ll just give some orders to then nurses then you can see him.”

 

The six men shook their heads no, knowing Nathan would explain everything to them if they did have any questions.  A collective sigh of relief was released from the men.  They all sat back down on the couches and chairs and waited.  Chris made a decision to let everyone get a chance to spend a few minutes with the injured man before sending them home to eat and sleep.

 

Josiah had called Travis and told him about Vin’s attack and he let the men have off that day since it was Monday but he wanted at least five of the men back in the office on Tuesday.  Josiah had also mentioned that Chris would need some time off to get things taken care of at the ranch so Vin could go there to recover.  It seemed that whenever someone got hurt they recuperated at Chris’ ranch were it was quiet and peaceful.  This time however it seemed that Vin would need care when Chris went back to work.  Travis agreed to give his team leader two weeks off only to get everything taken care of at the ranch and get a nurse to care for Vin until he was recovered enough to be on his own.

   

Saturday afternoon Chris finally got Vin settled at the ranch after the contrary sharpshooter gave him a hard time as usual about being a burden and putting Chris out.  He could just stay at his apartment in town.  Chris reminded him that he had four flights of stairs to climb with a broken leg; arm and shattered ribs with the elevator not working the wheelchair would be difficult to get up the stairs.  He’d never make it up the first flight without passing out.

 

“Besides, I want to be able to take care of you and hold you in my arms at night while you’re recovering.  I was so worried about you and it scared me to death.  I thought as soon as I found you I’d lose you too.  I don’t want to lose you Vin I love you to much.”  Chris declared.

 

“Sh, sh, now Cowboy.  I’m here and I’m mostly ok.  Stop frettin’ on somethin’ that didn’t happen.  I won’t die on ya I promise.  I will however take a nap, now leave me be to rest.  You heard what the Doc said, I need ma’ rest if I’m ever gonna get better.”  Vin said with a twinkle in his eyes as he settled back to rest he put out his hand for Chris to lay down with him.  It would be the first time in Chris’ bed as lovers even though they couldn’t do anything more then cuddle which was fine with Vin, he just wanted to feel Chris’ arms around him while he slept.

 

The afternoon went quickly with the entire team calling to see how Vin was doing.  The boys decided to give Chris and Vin the day to adjust before going over there and welcoming Vin home.  They had decided on a big bbq on Sunday afternoon which would include not only the other members of Team 7 but also Nettie and Casey Wells, Vins’ adopted mother and “sister” and Rayne, Nathan’s fiancé.

 

Sunday morning saw Chris up early taking care of the horses while Vin slept in.  The young man couldn’t help but he also felt guilty about sleeping all the time while Chris tended to everything.

 

About 10 o’clock Buck showed up by himself which surprised the team leader.

 

“It’s only 10 Buck what are ya doing here?”  Chris asked suspiciously.

 

“Wanted to talk to Vin, apologize for what I did while he was out of it.  Buck said.  I figured if it don’t go good I can be gone before everyone else gets here.  I don’t want to ruin Vin’s coming home party for anything.”

 

Vin happened to wheel into the Den about that time and looked between one man then the other.

 

“What’s going on here Chris?  What’s he talking about?  Vin said as he settled into a comfortable position.

 

“Nothing Vin, nothing that can’t be talked about later.”  Chris glared at Buck as he responded.

 

Buck ran his hands though his hair saying, “No Chris, this has gotta be said I’d rather do it now than have it hang over my head later.”

 

Before either man could say more using one arm Vin wheeled between them resting on his good side, “Shut up both of you!!  Now Buck why don’t we go out on the porch and talk without Chris “nosy” Larabee.  Chris, let me decide what’s what, I’m a big boy and can take care a myself and have been for a long time now.”  Vin said as Buck grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and pushed Vin out.

 

Chris thought to himself that he was glad he and made some ramps around all the outside doors so the wheelchair could be pushed outside without any difficulty.

 

Chris shook his head and hoped that Buck knew what he was doing.  He walked around the kitchen getting things together for breakfast for Vin hoping the young man wouldn’t be to upset to eat.  He tried to get closer to the window but Vin just yelled at him to stop listening in.

 

With the broken arm and leg Vin had difficulty finding a comfortable position in the chair so he had Buck help him move to a lounger.  He sat down on the lounger and with the help of Buck, put his leg up on a pillow and another pillow under the broken arm.  As Vin settled back to wait for what was so important that Buck had to come out two hours early, Buck paced the porch running his hand through his hair with frustrated sighs every couple of steps.  Vin just sat back, put on his sunglasses and waited.  One of the things that drove the team crazy was Vin’s ability to sit still and wait for long periods of time.  Vin just figured he’d nap until Buck was ready to get his burden off his chest.

 

A few minutes later Buck sat down on a chair he had pulled up next to Vin’s lounger.  Buck sighed one more time before he looked at Vin glad that the young man was wearing sunglasses cause he didn’t want to see the hurt he was going to cause in his eyes as he told him about what he did while unconscious right after surgery.

 

“Vin, right after you came out of surgery…. Hum, well… when me and the boys got to the hospital we were all upset about the attack on you then we watched the video of it.  I got really upset when I saw Chris run in the store with only his jeans on, no shirt or shoes.  He told us that the two of you were together and I said you deserved the beating you got.  I, uh, went to your room in ICU and kinda attacked you….” Buck was saying.

 

The more Buck talked the more Vin got mad, he remembered a dream he thought he’d had of someone shaking him and yelling at him while he was unconscious.  He had thought it was a dream floating just below true awareness of someone shaking him saying terrible things to him that he couldn’t understand he felt some pain so he let the darkness take over and he stayed that way for longer than normal.

 

Vin was angry that Buck had caused him more pain and suffering while he was unconscious.  He also knew that he couldn’t do much to the man at the moment with his injuries.  So he looked Buck in the eye and asked a simple question.

 

“Why, Buck?  Why did you truly want to hurt me?” Vin asked quietly but angrily.

 

Buck knew that tone of voice, it meant that someone was going to die, luckily for Buck Vin didn’t have a gun and couldn’t go and get one either.  “Don’t know Vin.”  Buck said shaking his head.

 

“I get the feeling that you wanted Larabee for your self and figured if I died he’d be yours. Right?”  Vin continued just as quietly.

 

Buck looked at Vin wide eyed and horrified, he realized too late that Vin had figured him out.  Buck had always been in love with Chris and had hoped one day the team leader would finally turn to him.  The day they meet Vin Tanner Chris had been lost to Buck and he knew it.  Vin was Chris’ soul mate; you only had to really look at the two men to realize they belonged together.  Buck just never wanted to accept that it was true, he always held that tiniest bit of hope and now it was all gone.

 

Buck didn’t know what to say he stuttered and mumbled before saying, “I’m sorry Vin, I lost my head for a few minutes, I’m so sorry.  I want you and Chris to be happy together, I really do.  I sat down and talked to Josiah about all this and he made me see the light and when I stepped back I could see it too.  The day we met you Chris fell for you and you for him, it just took the two of you a while to figure out what most of the team except me had already figured out.

 

You two were made for each other.  Vin, I know I don’t deserve it but please, I’m begging you, forgive me.”  Buck said as he got on his knees before the young man.

 

Vin had shifted in the lounger while Buck was talking giving himself a little room.  When Buck finished his speech on his knees in front of Vin he was suddenly knocked backwards by Vin’s fist.  The movement of the blow caused Vin some pain but he only thought of hurting Buck.

 

Chris rushed outside when he heard Buck hit the other chair and fall to the ground.  He immediately saw Vin in pain and went to him pushing him back in the lounger to ease his side.  Then he went over to Buck to make sure the big man was ok.  He helped Buck up and told him to leave as he walked into the house to get Vin his meds and some water.

 

“Buck I think you’d better leave now and don’t come back for the bbq later.  I don’t want you causing Vin any more pain then you already have.”  Chris said as he walked into the kitchen.

 

“NO!”  Vin yelled from were he was still lying back on the lounger.  “I wanna talk to him more, I just wanted to get that outta the way.  If I feel like I’m gonna hit him again I’ll call you out here first and let you hit him for me.  Vin said his face dead calm and strained from the pain he was feeling.  He was serious about letting Chris finish beating Buck if he needed it done.

 

Vin sat back and closed his eyes, he needed the pain to go away before he could see straight again.  He knew if he mentioned it to Chris he’d just make him take the pain meds and rest.  Vin didn’t want to rest he wanted the issue with Buck to go away.

 

Chris watched from the doorway not wanting to leave the two men alone again just in case Vin decided to hit Buck again.  He knew the younger man was hurting it was written all over his face but they had to resolve their issues one way or another so he just watched and left them alone.

 

“You still in love with him Buck?”  Vin asked in a tired voice looking into Buck’s eyes.

 

“I’ll always love him Vin, he’s been a huge part of my life for a long time now.”  Buck responded.

 

“Not what I asked.”  Vin said and sighed, still looking at Buck waiting for his response.

 

“No, No Vin, I’ll always care about what happens to him but he’s so in love with you and I couldn’t be happier for the two of you.  He’s never once looked at me the way he looks at you since day one.  You two loved each other long before you ever figured it out and acted on it.”  Buck said hoping Vin heard that he meant it from the bottom of his heart.

 

Vin sighed again and sat back and closed his eyes again.  He wasn’t sure how he felt about what Buck had said but he knew the man was sincere in what he said.  Chris did love him and he loved Chris and it seemed that they had loved each other their whole lives.

 

“Look, I don’t know how I feel right now, I can’t think.  I want you to stay today though, your still part of the team, part of the family but I just ain’t ready to forgive you yet.  I just need some time.”  Vin said and looked squarely into Bucks eyes.

 

“Thanks Vin, I know this must be hard for you.  I promise I’ll prove to you that I accept your relationship with Chris and I’ll be your biggest cheerleader rooting for the two of you.”  Buck said,  “You need anything?”

 

“Yeah, help me back in the wheelchair and get me inside before Larabee throws away my breakfast.”  Vin said with a crooked grin.

 

Chris who had been leaning against the door just nodded his head and helped Buck get the wheelchair back into the house and to the kitchen table where he had set out three plates knowing Buck would never refuse a free meal.

 

TBC

 
Chapter 5 by Wildcat

Eight Weeks Later 

Vin Tanner was a happy man again.  The doctor had released him to light duty until his physical therapy was completed.  The doctor said he was in good health and could resume most of his normal activities within reason now that casts were off and the ribs and liver had healed well.

When he walked through the doors from the doctor’s office Buck was waiting for him.  Over the past six weeks the two men had talked more and worked out the issues between them.  Vin finally forgave Buck for what he had done and Buck proved he really was happy for both men.  Since Vin had forgiven Buck so did Chris, their friendship as strong as ever.

 

He’d had plenty of time to really watch them together as Chris hovered over Vin until the sharpshooter had threatened him with bodily harm if he didn’t knock it off.   He’d seen the love shining off of both men when they were around each other and how they looked so lost when the other wasn’t there.  They didn’t know it but Buck had actually witnessed them kissing on more than one occasion. 

 

Chris had been called into a meeting with Travis and couldn’t take Vin to the doctor so Buck had volunteered to take him.  He couldn’t be happier for his two friends and he could tell by the twinkle in the blue eyes smiling at him as Vin headed down the stairs that tonight was going to be a busy one for the two men.

 

They hadn’t had sex since Vin had been injured because Chris was afraid of hurting him.  They had shared Chris’ bed but only kissed and cuddled while Vin was recovering.  Now that Vin had gotten the all clear from the doctor he wanted a special night so the two men could re-acquaint themselves with each other properly.  Vin had yet to teach his lover a few things.

 

“Buck, we need to stop at the store and get some stuff for tonight.”  Vin said as he got in the truck.

 

“Like what Jr.?”  Buck replied as he climbed in after him.

 

Vin sat back and thought about it for a few minutes then decided he wanted to get some light stuff, it’s so hot this summer they never really wanted to eat a heavy meal.  “I think a nice steak, salad and peach pie sounds good.”

 

Buck nodded his head in agreement.  It sounded good to him too.

  

Chris was impatient to get home.  He hadn’t been able to reach either Buck or Vin when he called after his meeting with Travis.  He knew that if something was wrong he would have heard by now but he was still worried.  He wondered what if Vin wasn’t completely heeled and couldn’t come back to work anymore, Chris knew that would kill Vin having to give up his job.

 

When Chris pulled up to the house he was relived to see Buck leaving and a smile on his face, Vin was ok and that’s all that mattered, he waved as Buck drove by.

 

Chris hurried into the house to see what the doctor had to say and let him know how sorry he was for not being there for his appointment.

 

“Vin, Vin were are you?”  Chris called as he walked into the house.

 

“In the kitchen.”  Vin said ad he was taking the meat out of the pan to rest on the cutting board.  “Perfect timing, dinner’s almost done.  Why don’t ya go get cleaned up while I finish up here then I’ll tell you about my visit to the doctor as we eat dinner.”

 

Chris walked in the kitchen after setting down his briefcase and keys on the desk in the hall. “Hey.”  Chris said as he walked up and wrapped his arms around Vin, he gave Vin a sweet slow “hello” kiss like he had been doing since he’d gone back to work and Vin had stayed at the ranch recovering.

 

“Hey to you to, Cowboy.”  Vin said as he returned the kiss. “Dinner will be ready and on the table in ten minutes, go before all my hard work is ruined.”  Vin stepped away from Chris so he could finish dinner.

 

“Ok, ok, I’m going but I don’t want to.” Chris said and walked out of the kitchen and headed to the master bedroom to get cleaned up and changed from his suit to jeans and a t-shirt.  He was back in the kitchen in less than ten minutes.

 

When Chris walked into the kitchen dinner was on the table and Vin was getting drinks for the two of them. Dinner went by fairly quickly with Vin explaining he could return to light duty until his physical therapy was completed and he could resume normal activities. Vin left out the “could resume most of“ part, he figured Chris didn’t need to know that.

 

After dinner Vin led Chris into the bedroom, he wanted to resume the physical part of their relationship.  Since Vin had been injured they hadn’t been intimate with each other.  They had kissed, cuddled and given each other oral pleasures but that had been all, Chris was afraid anymore would be to much for Vin’s injured body to handle.  They enjoyed what they did, but it also gave them time to get even closer then they had been before the attack.  They had even talked about Vin moving out to the ranch permanently once Vin was completely healthy and able to pack up his old apartment.

 

“It’s time cowboy, I need to feel you again like I did before I got hurt.  I need to make love to you and make you mine again.  I want to feel you surrounding me again as my cock fills you.”  Vin said as he slowly stripped in front of Chris.

 

Chris was mesmerized as Vin did a seductive and teasing strip showing Chris his hard body and equally hard and throbbing cock.  “Are you sure you’re ready?”  Chris stammered out as he unconsciously started taking his clothes off.  Chris walked up to Vin and looked into his eyes and asked him again.  “Are you sure you’re ready, I don’t want you hurt anymore.”

 

Vin leaned in and nibbled Chris’ lower lip as he slide a searching hand down the hard body to the leaking cock and slowly stroked it.  “I’m ready, more then ready and it seems that you are too by the feel of things.”  Vin said as his slow stroking of Chris’ cock drew a low moan from him.

 

Vin lead Chris to the bed and had him lay in the middle of it as he proceeded to drive the man crazy with his lips, mouth and hands.  Vin started at the top of Chris’ head and kissed his way across his face to his ears where he sucked on the lobes driving low moans from the blond.  Vin slowly worked his way down Chris’ body alternately licking, sucking and nibbling every part of his skin his mouth could touch.

 

Vin ran his hands over every part of Chris’ body in feather light touches to tease and excite his lover. Vin knew that once he had taken Chris tonight he would show him how it was done and let Chris take him.  They had talked about commitment and for Vin this was the last step to committing completely to Chris.  Vin had already accepted Chris’ invitation to move in with him now it was up to him to show Chris his dedication to this partnership.

 

Vin’s sapphire blue eyes looked down into moss green ones, love shining both ways and a little intimidating for Vin.  He knew he loved Chris but had never felt anything so powerful as Chris Larabee’s love and he reveled in it.

 

Vin had Chris on his back and was teasing the man mercilessly.  Chris’ body was on fire with need so bad he almost came just with Vin’s touch on his body.  Vin slowly started working Chris’ hole with the lube and one finger explaining what he was doing.

 

“Chris, understand what I’m saying to ya?”  Vin asked a brain fogged Chris.

 

“Oh yeah.” Chris responded having no clue as to what Vin was saying to him his brain to far gone in a passion induced haze.

 

Vin worked one, two then three fingers into Chris’ sweet hole as Chris cried out in pleasure pleading for more.

 

“Vin, please, I need you, I need you so bad it hurts.  Fuck me Vin, please.”  Chris cried out as Vin’s fingers hit his sweet spot.

 

“Gonna take away your pain now Cowboy, gonna make you feel real good.”  Vin said as he removed his fingers from Chris and positioned himself between his legs.

 

As Vin put the head of his cock to Chris’ hole he looked at his hazy eyed lover and thought again how lucky he was.

 

“Chris, look at me.”  Vin said waiting for Chris to focus on him.  “Look at me Cowboy.” Vin kept bumping his cock against Chris’ hole while he wanted for the blond to look at him.  The sensations driving both men a little crazier with need.

 

Chris turned his head and focused his eyes on the man he loved more than life it self, he locked eyes with Vin and gave him a dazzling smile.  “I love you Vin.”

 

Vin locked eyes with Chris and slowly pushed into him.  “I love you to Chris and when I’m done making love to you your gonna make love to me.  I want to finally be claimed by the man I love.” 

 

The two men never broke eye contact as Vin set a slow pace, than as need took over he went faster and faster until he was all but pounding Chris through the mattress.  All that was heard in the room was the slapping of flesh against flesh and loud moans and groans until they reached their peak together and screamed each others’ names as they orgasmed together.  Vin slowed his thrusts until he finally collapsed on top of Chris panting for air.

 

“That wwas….”

 

“Yeahhh… it was.”  Vin slowly pulled out and lay down beside Chris still trying to catch his breath.

 

Chris rolled over onto his side and kissed Vin long and slow then lay back down again.

 

Both men lay there for a while trying to catch their breaths both enjoying the feelings washing through them.

 

Suddenly Chris was struck by what Vin had said as he was plundering his body.  He wanted him to do the same thing to him.

 

“Vin, I don’t know if I can, I’ve never….” Chris stuttered.

 

“Weren’t you paying any attention when I was getting you ready for me?”  Vin asked with a smile on his face, he knew Chris was so far gone by then he never heard a thing he was saying.

“Ah, was I supposed to me listening?” Chris asked as he turned over to look Vin in the face.  “You shit, what are you laughing about?”

 

Laughing Vin said, “Your face, you should see it right now, all flushed and eyes bright with a worried frown.  You look so fuckable am I gonna have to do it again so you can learn something here Larabee?”

 

Vin was laughing to hard at Chris to do any more then try and bat his hands way as he tried to tickle the younger man.

 

Chris finally maneuvered his way on top of the younger man and held him still while he licked and kissed and nibbled all the way down his long torso spreading Vin’s legs as he went.

 

By the time Chris’ mouth reached Vin’s cock it was hard and leaking and Vin was panting he was so ready to have Chris suck him off.  Chris kissed the tip of Vin’s cock then moved away from it kissing his groin and thighs but not touching the leaking staff again.  Vin panted and moaned tossing his head back and forth in desperate need for the man to touch him.  Vin thought who the hell taught him that?  Oh, yeah that’d be me.  Damn but he learns fast.

 

“Chris please..”  Vin whined.  He needed relief and if Chris didn’t do anything soon he’d have to take matters into his own hand and jack himself off.

 

Chris started licking Vin’s cock like it was a lollipop driving the young man crazy before he opened his mouth and swallowed Vin down.  Chris set a fast pace and brought Vin to a screaming climax before the sharpshooter realized what was happening.  Vin pumped his hips forcing his seed down Chris’ throat as Chris drank down all Vin had to give.

 

Chris licked Vin clean then spread his legs a little wider.  Chris tentatively touched Vin’s hole and Vin rolled his hips into the feeling.  Chris did it a few more times and watched as Vin’s cock hardened again, as Chris’ filled to near bursting as he watched Vin’s beautiful face flush with sexual need.

 

Chris reached over and grabbed the lube, he tried to think of what Vin did to him that he loved so much.  Vin lay back with his eyes nearly closed watched Chris.  The blond was all concentration as he took the lube and put some on his fingers and slowly rimmed Vin’s hole.  Vin moaned low and long letting Chris know he was doing the right things.

 

Chris watched Vin’s reactions in fascination as he slide one finger into Vin and started stroking in and out of him.  For his part Vin moaned and kept rotating his hips at the wonderful sensations Chris was creating within him.

 

“Chris, now feel around for a small bump and touch it.” Vin instructed Chris to try and find his prostate.

 

All of a sudden Vin arched up and screamed as Chris had found the spot and flicked it several times nearly bringing Vin to orgasm.  Chris pulled out his finger and added a second lubed finger.  Soon he had a third one in Vin’s hole scissoring and stretching the sharpshooter as Vin lay on the bed panting, moaning and rotating his hips in sync with Chris’ movements.

 

Chris pulled out his fingers and lined up his cock with Vin’s hole and slowly pushed in.  As he watched himself slipping into Vin he was amazed at the tight and velvet feeling of Vin’s hole. It was better then he could have ever imagined.  Sarah had never felt that tight surrounding his hard cock.  Chris looked up to see Vin watching him as he watched himself disappearing into Vin.

 

“Oh my god, Cowboy, I never knew it could feel so good.  You’re so tight, so good. If I move I might come on the spot.”  Chris groaned as he pushed himself completely into Vin and stopped.

 

Vin was in ecstasy, Chris was buried balls deep into him and he felt completed for the first time in his young life, he’d come home and home was Chris Larabee.

 

“Chris, you gotta move, Cowboy.”  Vin said on a groan as he tried to get Chris to stimulate his prostate so he could come again.

 

Chris stated to pull out and groaned.  “Oh my god Vin.”  Chris set a slow pace thrusting in and out as slowly as he could enjoying the sensations washing over him and Vin, this was almost as good as being on the receiving end.  His mind so far gone in the feelings he didn’t know weather he liked fucking Vin or being fucked by him.  Chris started to speed up until he was snapping his hips against Vin’s until they both exploded screaming each others names as they floated back down from heaven.

 

Chris dropped down onto Vin’s chest his legs and arms rubbery from the most powerful orgasm he’d ever had.  They both lay there panting trying to catch their breath.  After a few minutes Chris slowly pulled out of Vin feeling the loss of connection immediately and lay back down beside the lightly dozing man.

 

Chris watched Vin’s chest going up and down as he dozed realizing he’d almost lost this precious young man to a stupid bunch of kids trying to rob a store.  He lightly ran a hand down his chest feeling Vin’s lungs fill with air and release it to do it all over again.

 

“I love you Vin Tanner, with everything in me.”  Chris whispered.

 

“I love you too Chris, with all my heart and soul.” Vin said as he pulled the blond into his arms and pulled the covers over their cooling bodies.

 

The End

This story archived at https://https://www.michaelbiehn.co.uk/fiction/viewstory.php?sid=1108