PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Final story in the series.
Author's Chapter Notes:
The story is now complete.
Title: It's Just A Sweet Fantasy
Author: Lopaka Tanu
Disclaimer: I do not own The Magnificent Seven or Without A Trace.
Characters: Chris, Vin/Martin, Danny, Jack, Vivian, Buck, JD, Ezra, Mary.
Prompts: Day Off From Work, Hating Undercover Assignment.
Words:
Sequel to: Hide And Seek
Fandom: The Magnificent Seven/Without A Trace
Pairing: Martin/Danny, Chris/Martin.
Rating: Adult
Warnings: Angst, Language, Sexual Content, Violence, Ensemble.
Summary: At a conference in New York City, Chris goes missing. His disappearance dredges up old memories and an old case thought long solved.
Author's Note: Fall - 2002. Thank you to for the inspiration.
______________________________________


Prologue: The Closing Shudder.

Sunday - 2:52 p.m.

Standing at the rail, Martin watched the Tug slowly maneuver the Barge against the docks. Every couple of feet it shifted, the horn would whistle. He had been watching them long enough to know it was a warning signal. Soon, the cargo would be unloaded and a new Barge take it's place.

He was distracted from his observation by a hand being placed against his lower back. Glancing over his shoulder, Martin smiled at Danny. The other man was wearing little more than a smile. "Aren't you afraid of the cold?"

"I'm not going to be out here much longer." Leaning in, Danny placed a soft kiss against Martin's neck. "Speaking of which, why are you out here? It's freezing."

"I wanted to see the boats." Facing the harbor again, Martin indicated the ships with a nod of his head. "When I was a kid, once a year, my grandfather would take us to the ship yards at Newport News. Then, he'd get each of us grandkids a shiny silver dollar to mark the occasion. I had forgotten."

Danny nodded in understanding. Coming up behind Martin, he brought them flush. "All right, so you've seen the ships. Let's go back in and finish what you started earlier."

Sighing, Martin pushed off from the rail. A quick check of his watch made him shake his head. "I'd like to, but I can't."

"Come on, Martin, what's the fun in a day off if you don't take it?" When he saw his lover about to start up, Danny raised his hands in surrender. "Fine. I know when it's a lost cause."

"I'm close to it, Danny, I can feel it." Martin let it go after that. He knew that it was Sunday, that they had been at it over week, yet he could not let it go. "They're probably dead, I realize, but that doesn't mean I have to let up."

"All right, Martin, it's your decision." Following his lover back inside the motel room, Danny closed the sliding glass door behind him. "I just hope you remember that it's not your fault. Anyone of us could have overlooked the email."

Martin didn't say anything as he picked up his dress shirt. After all, it wasn't Danny who had led them to the Bahamas on a wild goose chase.