PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I was listening to Coldplay again and feeling corny ;-) Many Thanks: Judy, Tarlan, and Annie. This is especially for you, Annie! Note: ROY G BIV is mnemonic for the colors of the rainbow :-)
The Saloon was crowded for a Wednesday night. But not so crowded that Vin didn't have an unobstructed view of the bar. Of Chris sitting at the bar. Laughing and drinking with FBI Special Agent Caleb Dance.

This afternoon, Team Seven had wrapped up a joint operation with their fellow feds. And for once, the entire experience hadn't been a royal pain in the ass. Dance and his partner, Mike Armstrong, had worked well with the Team. Had even been a little deferential to Chris.

The corner of Vin's lip curled up a hint. Chris didn't like to get into pissing contests with other law enforcement officials. But the other guys always seemed to. And they always lost. Chris was a more than competent agent, an absolute professional, and sometimes an arrogant jerk. He could definitely walk the walk, as they say, and he hated when people got competitive with him. That's when a normal desire to achieve, maybe even to win, exploded into something scary and unstoppable.

None of that on this case, Dance stating outright that they were on the same side, wanted the same thing: a pair of thrill killers who dabbled in everything from exploding homemade pipe bombs to robbing banks. With no set pattern or m.o., they'd been that much harder to finally pin down.

Owing to a surely unprecedented amount of cooperation, the agents did identify them and literally pin them down. From the rooftop of a motel across from the one the killers had holed up in, Vin tagged one bad guy as he opened fire on the agents closing in on him. Not a fatal shot but the man would most likely be paralyzed, having twisted around at the last second and taking the bullet in the spine.

By the time they had the scene secured and cleaned up, a fiery red sunset was coloring the sky. Agent Dance approached Vin while he was breaking down his rifle and took off his sunglasses.

"Nice shot," he said softly.

Vin looked into his eyes. He had beautiful brown, almond-shaped eyes. Vin nodded and went back to his gun.

Some cops got off on seeing perps go down. How many times had guys slapped Vin on the back, ecstatic about seeing another scumbag removed from the streets permanently? It bothered Vin, though he never fully understood why. He used deadly force when the suspect gave him no choice but he didn't enjoy it. Didn't mean he spent a lot of time feeling bad about it. Just preferred it when the courts sorted out punishments to fit the crimes, however heinous. That, and he really didn't think shooting a man to death, even when it was justified, was cause for celebration.

But Dance had been sincere, earnest almost. He gave Vin's arm a light squeeze then went in search of Chris. Vin watched him go. Diligent and astute, Dance fit the mold of a classic FBI agent, especially with his square-jaw and squeaky-clean good looks. Guy should be modeling or on TV, not working for the government. Definitely not seeking out Vin's lover. Only he wasn't Vin's lover at that moment. He was Vin's boss. They had business, business that Chris didn't appear to mind conducting one bit.

If Vin were any other kind of man, he'd hate Special Agent Caleb Dance.

"Mr. Tanner, your slip is showing," Ezra said.

Vin blinked at him. "What?"

Ezra tilted his head in the direction Vin had been staring. "Go over there and break it up if you're worried."

Vin scowled. "I ain't worried."

Ezra arched one brow. "Oh no?"

"Piss off, Ezra," Vin uttered.

Buck plopped down in the chair next to Vin. "Just kicked Armstrong's ass at pool. Guess those FBI guys ain't so tough." He waited for a hardy endorsement of his proclamation then realized he wasn't going to get one. Furrowing his brows, he asked, "What's up?"

"My interpretation? The green-eyed monster is making an appearance," Ezra said, indicating the bar with his eyes.

"Didn't I tell you to shut-up?" Vin said.

"No, I believe you told me to piss off," Ezra said with a smile. This was just too precious. Vin was the last person he'd ever expect to be jealous, especially since Chris was not only obviously content in their relationship but very much in love to boot.

"Yeah, that too," Vin said and got up from the table.

Buck rose with him and put an arm around his shoulder. "Come on, now. You know Chris, faithful as an Irish Setter," he said, giving Vin a jiggle. "He's a mite distracted by some pretty brown eyes at the moment. But he's gonna come looking for blue soon enough. Always does."

Vin shrugged him off. "Need a beer," he mumbled.

Buck stepped back so Vin could pass, making a there's gonna be trouble face in Ezra's direction.

"We can only hope," Ezra said slyly as he raised his glass.

Vin hit the bathroom first then the bar, deliberately not sidling up to it anywhere near Chris and Agent Dance. Fishing in his jeans pocket and coming up empty, he asked for change of a dollar with his beer. As he gathered up his drink and the quarters, he felt a warm breath in his ear.

"Ready to go?" Chris whispered.

Vin glimpsed Dance over Chris's shoulder. He was smiling pleasantly at Vin, and waiting for Chris to return. "Not just yet. Finish your drink."

Chris winked at him and walked back down the bar. Vin went to the jukebox. He knew they had Coldplay because he'd bought the CD and given it to Inez himself. Dropping the quarters in, he selected Yellow. It was his favorite and last night, as he and Chris lay in a heap, adrift in the afterglow of love, it had been on the stereo. Take that, Special Agent Pretty Boy. He also played Neil Diamond because Ezra hated Neil Diamond. Vin kinda liked him, but he was playing Sweet Caroline because Ezra hated it.

He knew he had nothing to worry about, no matter how attractive or nice Dance was. Chris was faithful. Still, Caleb Dance was courting him in public, something Vin had never done and could never do. AD Travis knew about their relationship, Chris had told him. He figured it would be hard to hide the fact that Vin had moved to the ranch from their superior, who often showed up there unannounced. After moving in and without any fanfare, Vin was accompanying Chris as an invited guest to dinners at the Travis home. Travis never made an issue out of it at work because Chris and Vin didn't make an issue of it. As far as the job was concerned, they were co-workers and platonic friends only. But Travis's acceptance didn't mean it was a permissible relationship under ATF guidelines for fraternization. And it absolutely didn't mean they wouldn't be opening themselves up for a world of trouble if certain other agents found out.

So Vin wasn't jealous, not really. A little envious, perhaps. But as he took his seat at the table again, he couldn't help but wonder just what the hell Special Agent Dance's hand was doing on Chris's knee.

Vin saw that JD, Josiah and Mike Armstrong had joined them at the table. He wondered if the agent was aware of what was going on. As far as Vin was conc erned, Dance was transparent. But Vin had inside information. Did Dance's actions seem like harmless male bonding to other patrons in the bar? To his own partner?

Ezra leaned into him, frowning. "No cat fight?" he whispered.

Vin pointedly ignored the comment. Ezra would get his in a few minutes. He slouched down in his chair, rested his beer on his belt buckle, and listened more to the music than the conversation.

The opening chords of Sweet Caroline alone were enough to get Ezra out of his seat. He flared his nostrils at Vin and said, "Gentlemen, I think I hear my bed calling. I bid you all good night."

"Was it something I said?" Chris asked as he neared the table.

"Certainly not. Nothing you said or did upset me this evening, Mr. Larabee," Ezra replied. As he shook Chris's hand he added, "I cannot speak for anyone else, however."

Chris just smiled, at Ezra then at the table in general. Clearly in a good mood, he took the chair Ezra had vacated, Dance sitting across from him next to his partner.

Deciding to get in one last parting shot, Ezra addressed the agents. "Josiah, don't you think our esteemed colleagues from the FBI would enjoy the festivities Saturday night?" He winked at Vin, knowing he was probably only laying the groundwork for some serious payback.

"That's right," Josiah said. "My lady friend is hosting a casino night at her parish hall Saturday night. It's for charity but the beer and wine are on the house. You'd be mighty welcome."

Both men thanked Josiah, each expressing a desire to attend.

JD groaned. "I'm gonna miss it. Have to go to an Indigo Girls concert with Casey."

Buck nodded sympathetically. "Gee, I'd love to trade places with ya, kid," he said barely suppressing a grin, "but I promised Violet I'd man a booth."

"What? A kissing booth?" JD asked sarcastically.

"Well, they'd sure make a ton of money," Buck boasted.

Vin suddenly decided he wasn't in the mood for his teammates' usual banter. Besides, they had work in the morning. He sought his lover's eyes and was a little surprised to find they were on him. He could usually sense that from across a room, forget about across a table. He finished his beer in one long swallow as Chris got up and began his good-byes. A quick, casual handshake for Agent Dance. Not that Vin was looking, or anything.




After kicking off his boots just inside the door, Vin headed straight for the laundry room. Travis had called about ten minutes into the ride home and Chris was still on the phone with him. Trying to get out of the morning's press conference, as far as Vin could tell. Told Travis he had no time for the inevitable media circus when his team was working three open cases.

Vin stripped down, tossing his smoky clothing into the washer. The cool air made him shiver but he had plans for warming himself up. For heating Chris up while he reminded him of a thing or two. He pulled his boxers off and threw them in, also.

Chris came in a minute or so later, already unbuttoning his shirt. A feral smile formed when he saw Vin in all his glory.

Vin pretended not to notice. Pretended he was oblivious to the hungry gleam in his lover's eyes. He might be Chris's but he wasn't easy. "Gonna take a shower."

Chris wiggled out of his jeans. "Be right behind you," he said. He got a quick flash of Vin's naked ass, felt his balls contract just from the sight. "Admiring the view," he called after him. Chris sighed happily. Over a year together and still Vin could make him hard without even touching him.

He found Vin standing outside the shower stall waiting for the water to warm up. He stood alongside him and cupped his cheek, turning his head slightly for a kiss. Vin's response was comparable to the current temperature of the water, lukewarm at best.

Chris gave him a little space. As steam filled the room he stood on one side of the open shower door, Vin on the other. He was tired anyway and could shower in the morning. It was Vin who hated going to bed with the smell of cigarette smoke in his hair. On a Friday it didn't matter so much, Saturday was fresh linens day. But it was only Wednesday…"Vin?"

"Jesus, Chris, would ya get in here already?" Vin sounded exasperated. "You're letting the cold air in."

"Sorry," Chris said, going forward. He slipped his arms around Vin's waist and pressed his interested dick against Vin's ass. Moving wet hair aside with his nose and mouth, Chris nuzzled the nape of Vin's neck. When the sharpshooter first joined the Team Chris had defended his long hair to Travis because Vin didn't want to cut it. Now he had personal reasons for keeping the curly tresses around. Nonetheless, he found the back of Vin's neck incredibly sexy and he hungered for it. Vin loved when he ran his lips over it, his knees went weak when Chris sucked the sensitive skin there. It gave Chris immense pleasure to hear and feel Vin's reactions as he fed his craving. And those curls were perfect for hiding the evidence when Chris's ardor was in high gear. Like now. "Wasn't sure you wanted company," he said in between sharp nibbles.

Vin turned and gripped Chris's head, kissing him hard on the mouth. He'd intended to drag things out, make Chris suffer a bit. Fucking Chris, had to be so fucking irresistible.

Chris opened himself to the kiss, a kiss so deep he was sure that between it and the water pounding his face he would drown. Instinctively, Vin knew and backed off just enough. Chris showed his appreciation by massaging the firm rounded cheeks beneath his hands. Vin kept control of the kiss, alternately sucking Chris's lower lip and dipping his tongue into his lover's pliant mouth.

Vin felt his passion building as their tongue dueled and their cocks ground together. Not wanting it to end like this, vertically in the shower, but still wanting to give his lover a hard time, he broke the kiss. He slid his hands down Chris's chest and pushed him back against the shower wall. Dropping to his knees, he wrapped his long fingers around the base of Chris's cock and teased the rest with his tongue. He made sure to flick the blood-filled tip a couple of times before drawing back.

Vin straightened and gave Chris a little peck on the cheek. "Forgot to wash my hair," he said nonchalantly.

Chris's response was not very coherent, may have included a curse or two, and Vin chuckled softly as he turned his back on him. He felt Chris's eyes on him as he washed his hair. He took care to do it like in the shampoo commercials, like it was the most orgasmic experience on earth. He only hoped his little ploy didn't work too well. Vin really did want Chris's dick in his mouth at the final moment, wanted to swallow his lover's seed in greedy gulps.

Chris composed himself a bit and scooped some of the suds from Vin's hair for his own. After Vin rinsed, he stepped aside. Chris thought they were switching places but Vin got out. A little voice inside his head told him Vin was pretty pissed and all the documentation of that fact struck him at once.

Looked like it was shaping up to be a long night. Sighing heavily, he contemplated turning off the hot water to cool himself down. Such a depressing idea.

Vin must have had the same idea, or something along those lines, because he flushed the toilet. Yelping, Chris jumped back. Yeah, Vin was pissed. But Vin's anger and the blast of cold water did nothing to douse the fire burning inside him or between his legs.

Chris got out of the shower and finished up in the bathroom. He hit the light and went into the bedroom, his erection now failing some. Vin was sitting on the bed toweling his hair dry. He grabbed Chris's wrist when he went to lie down.

"I ain't finished," Vin said.

Chris started to wonder why Vin had to be finished drying his hair for Chris to go to bed. Only the lamp on the night table was lit, Vin could get it when he lay down. Then Vin tossed the towel and reached once more for Chris's cock.

Chris grinned and started to speak. "Was afraid you, ...ooh, oh," was all he managed.

Vin slid his mouth over the head and sucked gently. Chris's cock responded immediately and he widened his stance, allowing Vin the opportunity to slide a hand up his thigh, over his balls, to the small opening beyond. With one hand on a pale hip, his mouth moving up and down on Chris's fully engorged shaft, Vin rubbed the puckered flesh before pushing one finger in.

Chris moaned and curled his fingers under Vin's chin, thumbs stroking over the unshaven jaw. He rocked slowly, then began thrusting as the heat of Vin's mouth drove him crazier and crazier. His hands drifted to Vin's damp hair but when his climax neared, he clutched Vin's muscled shoulders to keep from collapsing.

"Ah, Vin," Chris cried. "Jesus, God, fuck." He came in Vin's mouth, still thrusting, Vin still sucking, swallowing.

When Chris had no more to give, he reluctantly pulled away. He gasped at the loss of the finger that had been stroking him so sweetly. His eyelids fluttered as he looked down at Vin, who was looking up at him, licking his lips in a protracted, incredibly erotic fashion. Sucking in a breath, Chris traced the same path with his fingertip. "Vin…"

"Save it, Larabee," Vin said, his voice raspy and tired-sounding. He yanked the comforter down and opened the small drawer in the night table.

Chris climbed into bed and lay flat on his back. Vin turned out the light and lay down on top of him. Chris waited for his eyes to adjust. Vin's pupils were huge and he knew it was mostly from desire. He could feel it against his hip. His fingers brushed Vin's lips and he opened his eyes wide, trusting that the love he saw in those great black pools was reflecting back in full.

Vin lowered his head, capturing Chris's lips in a tender kiss. He clasped Chris's hands as he kissed him, his hips undulating just a bit. It was loving and musical and sometimes how they made love.

Not tonight. Vin leaned up, grabbing the lube off the pillow where he'd left it. He squeezed a generous amount onto his fingers and his cock, wanting Chris nice and slick for the ride. Because Vin planned on riding hard.

Chris bent his knees to make it easier. He picked his head up, demanding another kiss. Vin refused him, sitting back on his heels. Wanting Chris to know he wasn't completely unfeeling, he rubbed his belly while he worked his fingers inside. Chris dropped his head back to the pillow, eyes closed, and moaned his encouragement.

Feeling Chris was ready, Vin removed his fingers and positioned Chris's long legs on his shoulders. He lined up his cock and plunged straight in, bending low, bringing Chris's knees to his chest. He chuckled at the prolonged groan escaping Chris's lips. He hovered like that, only for minute or two.

Then with knees spread, Vin pounded into Chris, his moist cock sliding easily in within his lover's willing body. Chris's arms were outstretched, his hands clutching the pillows.

"God, Vin," he sobbed. "Oh, good God."

Vin was pulling his cock out until only the head remained buried and thrusting back in, heightening Chris's pleasure and his own. But Chris was squeezing him so intently from the inside that he had to pull hard, so hard he pulled out. He didn't know whose frustrated groan was louder, he only knew he wanted to be back inside. Desperately needed to be one with his lover. He maneuvered Chris's legs so that they were hooked over his arms and took him again, this time crushing his mouth to Chris's.

Chris's fingers tangled in his hair as he sucked wildly on Vin's tongue, soft moans and whimpers passing into Vin's mouth. It was so incredible Vin almost couldn't stand it. He slammed into Chris, their kiss ending when Vin could take no more. Arching his back, he shouted Chris's name and pumped his seed into the overheated channel.

He flopped down hard on top of Chris and noticed a different kind of hardness. Freeing one arm, he stroked Chris' dick, staring through the darkness into sated and sleepy eyes.

Chris tried to still Vin's hand. "Forget it," he rasped.

Vin shook his head and picked up the pace. He shifted so he could use his other hand to play with Chris's balls. It did the trick, Chris thrashing and moaning as he came again.

Both breathing heavily, they kept their heavy eyes on each other. All else was quiet in the house. Until Vin broke the silence.

"Mr. All-American asked you out, didn't he?" he asked.

Chris nodded, reaching out to rub Vin's erect nipple.

"What'd you say?" Vin wanted to know.

"I said Saturday was out, maybe Friday," Chris teased. Even in the dark he could tell Vin wasn't amused. "I told him about a year or so ago I made love with someone and I felt the earth move. Knew then and there I'd never make love with anyone else again. Took him about six months to admit he felt the same way. Now we live together and the world is our oyster. The stars shine for us and we couldn't be happier."

Vin collapsed on the bed next to Chris. "Bullshit."

Chris leaned up on one elbow. "I told him I was flattered but not the least bit interested. He said he understood, probably wouldn't be interested either if he had you."

Vin cocked an eyebrow. "Really?"

Chris chuckled. "Yes, really. By the way, the other stuff is true, too. For us, I mean." He leaned over and kissed Vin's lips, sweet and salty all at once. "Look at you," he said, the teasing tone back. "Getting all jealous."

Vin pushed his face away. "I ain't jealous. Just like knowing where I stand."

Chris caught the hand at his cheek and kissed its palm. "You don't know?"

Vin shrugged.

"I asked you to move in here, didn't I?" Chris said.

"No, you didn't exactly," Vin said. "Just kind of happened. We never sat down and discussed it. There wasn't any invitation."

Chris thought about it for a minute. "You know, I think you're right. But I let you put that awful orange slipcover on the couch. You must have known I loved you then."

Vin sat up. "It ain't awful," he said defensively. "And it ain't orange. It's rust. You're the one kept saying the couch needed covering. Least I did something about it." He lay back down, turning on his side. "Looks great with the wood floors and fireplace," he mumbled.

Chris snuggled up behind him, a big grin on his face. "Yeah, it does." He kissed Vin's ear. "I look great with you, feel great with you. I don't want anyone but you, okay?"

Vin nodded. He held Chris's hand, felt him grow heavier against his back. "Chris?" he whispered.

"Hmm?"

"I love you, too."

Chris hugged him close, pressed warm lips to his shoulder. "Let's get some sleep."

"Okay," Vin said. "But if you ever flirt with Agent Dance or any other guy again, I'm gonna take target practice on your ass."

He felt the rumble of Chris's laughter and closed his eyes, still holding Chris's hand.

THE END