PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Things were changing and the old ways would be reviewed.

Chris Larabee was strolling on Main Street. He was enjoying the fine day and the prospect of Fatherhood. In his mind he spoke to Sarah and Adam and was sure they would approve and want him to be happy.

Mary Travis tapped on the window of the newspaper office and gestured him to enter. He nodded to Gerard who was setting print. He noted that Mary was turning a deep crimson.

"Well," she began, "What are we going to do about our Mr. Paradise?"

"As you know I am retired, you might want to speak with Marshall Wilmington."

"It is easy to guess Buck's opinion."

Gerard was hiding a smile. Mary had had this bee in her bonnet for sometime.

"It's not like he opened a rough, rompin', stompin' saloon. It's a gentlemens club. Membership is required."

"Yes I am aware of the gentlemen-only rules and regulations," Mary fairly spat.

"I have noticed when the women who work there are out on the town they are dressed just like other town women. I can't fault the behavior of anyone who frequents the place."

Mary straightened and looked Chris in the eye, "Would you want Adam living near such an establishment?"

Even as she spoke the words she knew she had gone too far. Chris was a dull crimson in face and neck but his lips had gone white. "Tonight when you say your prayers," he said in a low voice between clenched teeth, "Thank the Lord you're a woman." He left the office closing the door quietly behind him.

Chris knew that Mary believed she ran the town. She really thought she was the final word on everything. Maybe it was time for some changes.

"Come home." It was Eileen's voice in his head. "Come home and get some rest. There's Vin standing beside his wagon."

Chris walked over and extended the invitation. Vin accepted with a smile as did Josiah who happened out of the saloon. Vin had an amused smile on his face. "Maude Standish is in town and was turned away from the Gentlemen's Club'. She is more than a little irate."

Chris smiled at the picture. Yes change was certainly in the wind.

-
Chapter End Notes:

A decision to elect a Mayor is rejected.

would love some feedback-please. Mack Ireland