PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Ties in with Back Home Again but does not fit the fluidity of the story. It still needs to be told. Please donate!
Author's Chapter Notes:
If you can donate you will touch more lives than you know and it has a twist that makes it all the more special.
After seeing Mary once she was out of surgery, and leaving Chris by her side, the remaining seven and Billy walked toward the cafeteria.

Vin was lost in thought as he nearly ran over Donna, a volunteer from the Red Cross, who smiled as he helped her back to her feet. “All you boys here for a reason?” she asked in her sweet southern drawl.

“We're visiting a friend” Vin said as he blushed.

“It isn't Chris now is it? He's such a sweet boy” she said as they walked toward the cafeteria.

“No, it's my Mom” Billy replied.

“Oh sweetheart if there's anything I can do you let me know. This is where we part ways” she said as she walked toward the elevators.

“Wait, where you headed? You having another blood drive?” Vin asked.

“As a matter of fact we are. Care to see if you're up for the task?” she asked as she looked at them.

Ezra paled at the thought while Buck urged him forward. “It's for the good of the team and for the lady upstairs” he said as Ezra regained his footing.

“Well then get Chris to do it. I would rather face a bullet than a needle any day of the week” he replied as he tried to back away.

“You know that with all he's done he's ineligible to donate. Besides it's only a needle about this long” Nathan said as he stretched out his thumb and index finger.

“Don't make us use a bullet” Vin said with a smile.

“And don't make us get Grandpa” Billy said.

“There you see you gonna show the kid up?” Buck said.

“Thank you gentlemen very much. You don't know how many lives you've saved today” Donna said with a smile as she steered them toward the stations.

She hugged each of them as they found the literature they needed to read. They were doing it in honor of the lady upstairs. Whatever the reasons, she was glad of it.

She checked a while later and saw the seven waiting for cot space. She saw Vin wink at her. It had gone off without a hitch. Timing was everything.
Chapter End Notes:
Donna is real and I hope she reads this. I hope Tarlan doesn't mind me getting on the soap box but will understand if this gets deleted. I gave this a lot of thought before I decided to post it.