PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a rape fic and deals with M/M non-consensual sex of a mag7 character. This is my first attempt at this and I hope you all enjoy it.

This story is written in honor of all the Chris ladies celebrating their birthdays this month and especially for one of my wonderful betas, Marti, who celebrates her birthday on July 3rd. Happy birthday ladies, hope you enjoy the ride. Many thanks to Jackie, Marti, and Antoinette for their help during this fic. Thanks also to LaraMee and Charlotte for their input on a major scene in this story.





May 21st

The courtroom was silent as the foreman of the jury stood to announce the verdict. Seven men sat behind the prosecutor as they waited for the man to speak.

"Jonathan Richard Clawson would you rise and face the jury!" All eyes were on the defendant as he reluctantly stood and turned towards the twelve-man jury seated to his right. To anyone watching the proceedings the man appeared genuinely afraid, but to the seven men of The Firm, Clawson was a cold, calculating murderer and wife beater.

"Mr. Forman, please read the verdict."

"On the count of aggravated assault...guilty! On the count of premeditated murder...guilty!"

"NO! I didn't do it. They lied! They lied! Tell them you lied, Larabee! Tell them or so help me God I'll kill you!"

"ORDER! Mr. Robertson, control your client!"

"Jonathan, calm down!"

"Calm down! How the hell do you expect me to calm down?" He screamed and turned to face the man he blamed for his predicament. "I'll get you for this, Larabee! You mark my words and make sure you look over your shoulder because someday when you least expect it I'll be there!"

Two bailiffs moved in to take control of the prisoner as the man tried to get to the blond leader of The Firm. They gripped the small man's arms and forcefully turned him back to the jury. Clawson's eyes bulged with anger as he faced the foreman and each of the other members of the jury.

"All of you! I swear you're all dead! Mark my words!"

"Mr. Robertson, your client..."

"Is distraught, Your Honor. He doesn't know what he's saying!"

"I know exactly what I'm saying and so help me God you will all find out that I'm a man of my word!"

"Mr. Clawson, you will be remanded into custody until June 21st at which time you will be sentenced! The jury is dismissed with our thanks for your time and patience!" Judge Walter Parsons explained.

"All rise!" one of the bailiffs ordered and the sound of shifting feet and chairs sounded as Clawson turned his head to look over his shoulders.

"You're a walking dead man, Larabee," Clawson said before being dragged from the courtroom.

"Jesus, Chris, that's one mean sonofabitch!" Buck Wilmington explained as he turned to look at his friend and team leader.

"It's about time he was put away for good," Josiah Sanchez said.

"Bastard fucked with the wrong man," Vin Tanner supplied as they walked out of the court.

"Mr. Larabee...Chris, may I be the first to procure you a celebratory drink?"

"There's not much to celebrate, Ezra. That bastard killed too many people. I was lucky I had you boys to watch my back until it came time to testify. Guess I should be the one buying you a drink."

"Sounds like a plan, Chris," Nathan Jackson said, grateful that for once they had not needed his medical training. Although Larabee had been through an emotionally charged trial and was the DA's primary witness, the blond seemed to be managing, but the medic in Jackson made him weary. He walked a little to the right of his boss and cast several sidelong glances his way, before Larabee turned to face him.

"Nathan, I'm okay. I'm dead beat, but I'm also ecstatic that the bastard is off the streets and can't hurt anyone ever again."

"You saw to that, Chris," JD Dunne said, his voice filled with awe as he looked at his mentor.

"No, JD, we all had a hand in it...it just happened Clawson made his first mistake on my watch," Larabee explained as they exited the courthouse. Chris looked up at the old building and smiled inwardly. The courthouse had seen many cases, but none so big as the one tried there today. Jonathan Richard Clawson had been found guilty and now all that was left was his sentencing. It would be a long time before Clawson saw the outside of a prison and for that, Chris was grateful. The man had murdered a woman in cold blood and now he was about to get what he deserved.

"Come on, Cowboy, let's get that drink and maybe a burger or two!" Tanner suggested and smiled conspiratorially at Dunne.

"Vin, Micky D's is not what I consider a burger," Larabee said.

"It's grease on a bun," Jackson said.

"Yep, and it's just what a working man needs," the Texan told him.

"Working man? Come on, Vin, how hard have you been working in the last week?"

"Twice as hard as you, Bucklin," Tanner answered.

"Yeah but, Vin, twice nothing is still nothing!" Dunne retorted and ducked as Wilmington made to swat him.

"Okay, boys, behave or they'll ask you for ID at Buck's Place!" Sanchez said and pressed the button to unlock the club van.

"Perhaps we could drop our three children at juvenile hall?" Standish suggested and quickly moved away from the ladies' man.

Chris had grown to know his friends over the years they'd been working together and it was times like this that gave him new insight into his strange family. JD, Vin, and Ezra were the youngest member of his team, but they worked just as hard as Buck, Nathan, and Josiah. The group worked long hours and it was at the end of a case that you could see there was still that hint of childhood buried deep inside. He climbed into the seat next to the ex-preacher and smiled as the older man rolled his eyes.

"You picked them, Chris," Sanchez explained.

"Yeah, I did, Josiah," Larabee said and knew Sanchez understood his simple answer. He heard seatbelts being locked and finally the older man drove away from the courthouse, blissfully unaware of the cold grey eyes that followed the van.




On the count of aggravated assault...guilty! On the count of premeditated murder...guilty!

Guilty - the word echoed again and again in his mind as he watched the group of men exit the courthouse. They had not taken any notice of him, but he'd been watching them throughout the case. His brother's explosive outburst at the end of the trial would not go unheeded. Chris Larabee and his men would pay for taking his brother down, but first he needed a plan. Tomorrow he would visit his brother and together they would find a way to make Chris Larabee sorry he'd ever laid eyes on Jonathan Richard Clawson.




Chris smiled as he accepted the beer and toasted the men at the table with him. He took a long swallow of the cold liquid and nodded his appreciation at Inez Recillos. The beautiful bartender was also one of their favorite waitresses and she seemed to know what each of them needed. The heat of the day had made the hours spent in the courtroom even more tiring than normal and beer was just what he wanted.

"Hey, Chris, isn't that Jake?" Dunne asked

Larabee looked towards the door as it opened and an older man stepped inside. He instantly recognized the man and motioned for him to join them. Jake Taylor worked at Saint Vincents Hospital where Chris had spent too much time over the last few years. Taylor was a hospital sitter and was called on to stay with patients considered in need of a suicide watch. At the time, Chris had been put through a significant amount of torture and was considered a suicide risk. In the two years since they'd first met, Taylor had become a close friend and Chris respected the man's opinion. Now the ex-cop often gave advice on cases and sometimes even accompanied them on stakeouts.

"Jake!" Larabee called as the older man made his way towards the bar, but stopped and changed direction when he spotted the members of The Firm.

"Hello, Boys," Taylor greeted and pulled another chair over. "Are we celebrating?"

"Yep, Clawson was found guilty!" Tanner explained.

"It's about time that bastard was taken off the streets!" Taylor exclaimed.

"Damn right," Wilmington agreed.

"One down...but there are still way too many miscreants on the streets," Standish said.

"Well, Son, we take them down as fast as we can and perhaps one day the good people of the world will again outnumber the evil," Sanchez said.

"I wish I could believe that, Josiah, but things just seem to get worse," Taylor said.

"Does that mean we should stop what we're doing?" the ex-preacher asked.

"No...never stop, because if you do then we'll have lost the battle for sure," the former cop answered.

"Want a beer, Jake?" Larabee asked.

"Sounds like a plan, Chris," the older man said and motioned for Inez.




Clawson looked up as the door opened and his brother entered. They had been born less than two minutes apart and yet were nothing alike. Where he was short and stocky, his brother was tall and well muscled. His brother's dark blond hair and grey eyes were a complete contrast to his own jet-black hair and dark brown eyes. Seen together people tended to laugh when they said they were not just brothers, but twins. He lifted the phone and placed it against his ear as he looked through the glass.

"Michael, thank God. Tell me you've found a way to get me out of this place!"

"Chet is planning on asking for a retrial, but that's not likely at the moment. Everything is on the up and up and there are no grounds for it. How are you managing, little brother?"

"I'm okay...least at the moment, but Michael, I don't know if I can take being in prison. I'm not like you...I don't...well, you know."

"I know, Jonathan, and don't worry, I'll make damn sure you don't go there," Michael William Clawson answered truthfully.

"How can you say that? Two weeks from now they'll pronounce sentence on me and we both know what that means!"

"Calm down, Jonathan before the guard overhears."


"This call's probably being monitored anyway, Michael!"

"All the more reason not to discuss delicate situations. Now relax and I'll speak with your lawyer and anyone else I need to in order to procure your freedom from this establishment!"

"I'll try, Michael, but don't make me wait too long! The guard's coming so I'd better hang up. Get me out of here. Okay?"

"You have my word, Little Brother," Michael said and hung up the phone. He sat watching as his beloved sibling was taken away and knew he would do anything and everything in his power to free the younger man. Standing and glancing around the room, a plan began to formulate in his mind. Walking towards the exit he smiled as a picture of Chris Larabee on the witness stand sent a heated sense of longing to his groin. Yes, he had a plan, and yes, Chris Larabee would play a pivotal role in that plan, one he would not soon forget. Humming a tune he walked out of the prison and made his way towards his black Jaguar. He had a plan, now it was just a matter of getting the pieces together and putting it into action.




June 21st

"Jonathan Richard Clawson, you have been found guilty of aggravated assault and premeditated murder. Do you have anything to say before I pass sentence?" Judge Walter Parsons asked.

"Nothing 'cept that I'm innocent, Judge. Larabee lied about what he saw!" Clawson said and grew quiet as sentence was passed. He swallowed painfully as he looked over his shoulder at his brother and saw the smile on his face. He knew Michael was making plans to get him out of prison, but he had no idea what the plan was. He also knew that Chris Larabee would play a pivotal role in those plans and Michael would make the blond pay dearly for testifying against him.

Clawson stared at Larabee and smiled before the bailiffs removed him from the courtroom. The seven men who worked for The Firm were present and he noted how they tended to protect their leader and knew they would be unable to stop whatever Michael had in mind for the blond.

You'll be sorry, Larabee...so sorry, he thought as he was escorted to the prison bus that waited outside the courthouse.




Chris took a deep breath as he watched his men file into the conference room. The case they'd been working on was being kept low profile and would hopefully be concluded today, but they would need to make sure everything was in place. This operation had been in the works for nearly four months and Ezra Standish and Buck Wilmington were about to play a major role in its completion. The duo had worked hard to ingratiate themselves with a couple of men who often worked with Ronald Templeton and tonight they would be making a buy that would end with Templeton in custody for illegally dealing in weapons and drugs. The man seated to his left was the captain of the Billings Police Department and was not averse to asking for their help when he needed unknown faces. The fact that Larabee's elite team often did black ops for the government placed them in good stead with the officials in Billings. Chris waited for his men to take their seats before speaking.

"All right, this is our last chance to go over things before we move out. Vin, why don't you start?" Larabee asked.

Tanner stood and moved to the map of Macmillan's warehouse tacked to the wall. There were several colored pins situated at different intervals in the main building. He picked up the pointer and used it to trace an upper pathway above the main storage area.

"I'll be up here and will watch fer anyone coming in from the east, south, and north. The west end doesn't have any windows or doors and there ain't no way fer anyone to get through there without explosives. From this height I can see everything that's happening!"

"Buck, you and Ezra are going in as buyers. You'll both be wired and I want to make damn sure JD and Nathan can hear everything that's happening in there. The money you're using will have a tracer hidden in the case, so don't try anything stupid if Templeton decides to take the money and run. Vin's gonna be covering your backs and he'll take care of anyone who decides to shoot first and ask questions later," Larabee said as Tanner moved back to his seat.

"Mr. Larabee, Templeton is sure to check us for wires."

"I've already thought of that, Ezra," Dunne said with a grin as he pushed two digital watches towards Wilmington and Standish. "Try these."

"What's this, Kid?" Wilmington asked.

"I believe these are the watches JD and I have been refining and as such I am assuming you worked out the pesky quirks we were having," Standish asked.

"Yep, sure did. We had the wrong wires geared to the radio receivers. Not something Buck could understand."

"Thanks, Kid, I owe you for that one," the gentle rogue said and put the watch on his wrist. "Have you checked these things out?"

"As a matter of fact he has, Buck, and they worked perfectly as long as you don't bang them against anything," Sanchez explained.

"Now, Josiah, when have I ever banged..."

"Ah, Buck, let's not go there," Jackson declared as Larabee stood up and walked over to the board. He turned and looked at each man as he took a deep breath. "Josiah and I will be there as back up and will watch for anything we haven't planned for. Vin, it's up to you to make damn sure Templeton and his men are covered once they take Buck and Ezra's weapons."

"I'll have 'em covered, Chris."

"JD, you're sure about the watches?" Larabee asked.

"Yep, worked like a charm."

"Good. Bob, do you have anything new to add?"

"Just that there'll be black and whites in the area and ready to move when this starts to go down."

"Just make damn sure they don't move prematurely," Larabee warned.

"I've drilled that into their heads, Chris. These men know how long we've been after Templeton and the fact that you've been able to get your men close to him shows how well prepared you boys are. Believe me no one wants this to go down more than me. Templeton's been a thorn in my side for too many years and now we're this close to taking the Sonofabitch down!" Miller said as he held his thumb and index fingers less than an inch apart.

"Ezra, what time is the meet?"

"Eight sharp," Standish answered and knew Larabee was just going over the fine points again.

"Good, JD, you and Nathan make sure you're set up by seven!"

"No problem, Chris," Dunne agreed.

"Vin, how are you getting inside the warehouse?"

"The place shuts down at five and I figured I'd slip in while the employees are leavin'. There's always a mess when that alarm sounds."

"Vin, have you tried this already?" Larabee asked.

"Yep, worked every time. Waited in the bathroom until they cleared out and made it up inta the rafters without a problem.

"You'd think Templeton would have better security," Wilmington said.

"This is not Templeton's usual place to conduct business, Buck, but you can be sure he'll have more than enough men with him. Just be damn careful because I don't want to hear Orrin complaining about your health insurance going up."

"Thanks, Bob, you're all heart," the ladies' man said with a grin.

"Okay, boys, anyone have anything else they'd like to add?" the blond asked.

"No, I think that about covers it all," Tanner said and was glad when the meeting adjourned. The tension in his body would disappear as soon as he stepped foot inside he warehouse. His weapon of choice was like a soothing balm when he touched the cold metal and became a part of him as soon as he was in position.

"Vin, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Chris, just thinkin' 'bout tonight. Ya know how it goes!"

"Yes, I do, and there's no one I'd rather have watching our backs!" Larabee told him as the meeting broke up. Chris knew his men would spend the remainder of the day going over tonight's operation and the office would be quiet except for the occasional click of a keyboard or the sound of soft conversation as the men readied themselves for the deadly game that would play out that night.




Michael Clawson leaned back in his chair until it was touching the wall. There were three men and one woman in the room with him and he trusted them with his life. Cecil Franklin, Barry Atwater, Gerald Stephens, and Melanie Lewis had been part of his organization since he'd taken over from his uncle nearly fifteen years before. They knew what he had planned and were now going over the details on the hows and wheres that went along with his plans.

"So, you're really serious about this?" Melanie asked as she crossed her legs, revealing more than a little of her shapely thighs.

"I want Jonathan out of prison and he wants Larabee and his men to pay. I think this is the best way to see both those things happen. Don't you?"

"It's dangerous, Michael. There's bound to be a lot of security in that building!" Franklin warned.

"That's where Barry comes in. Have you been able to access the building blueprints?" Clawson asked.

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" Atwater asked sarcastically. "I have the blueprints and like a lot of the older buildings, this one has an access that got deleted from the newer plans once it was rebuilt. There's a way in through the main vents that'll lead us into the sub-basement. I figure that's our way out! We just reverse the directions and come out in the old part of the building!"

"Perfect. Now I believe you and Melanie are going to go in first."

"That's the plan. It's basic, but sometimes it's best if you go with the simplest plans," Atwater agreed.

"I take it you won't have a problem over-riding their internal security measures once you're there?"

"That's where Melanie comes in. She's the security expert here," Atwater answered.

"Melanie?" Clawson asked, returning his attention to the pretty red head.

"Oh, I believe security will not be an issue once I'm inside. How many men are we taking with us?"

"I figure you and Barry go in first and once you take the security office the rest of us can come inside, but not all at once. I don't want to give the other renters anything to cause them alarm. We send in two at a time and have them get off on different floors and make their way to The Firm's office. Once they are in position we make our move and take the seven hostages. After that it'll be up to this city how much their lives are worth."

"What about the other people on the tenth floor?" Stephens asked.

"Ah, now see that's just a stroke of luck for us. There are two other businesses located on that floor and both are under major renovations. The work being done is noisy and as such is not done until after hours so there's no one there!" Clawson said, a ghost of a smile on his handsome features.

"What about weapons?" Atwater asked.

"That won't be a problem once I have control of the main security office," Melanie explained. "I'll simply disable their weapon detection and render it inoperable."

"When do you plan on making this happen?" Stephens asked.

"I believe we have everything in position so we'll make our move tomorrow afternoon. One PM is a good starting point. Say an hour to get all our people in position and another fifteen minutes to take control!"

"You sound sure this is going to happen without a hitch!" Franklin observed.

"Of course. I have complete confidence in the people who work for me and as such leave nothing to chance. There will be a total of twelve men and women, not counting us of course."

"All right, so that covers how we get control of the security, but I don't think Larabee's men are going to be that easy to take," Stephens said.

"Maybe not, but I believe all men are suckers for a damsel in distress..."

"Melanie?" Atwater laughed and received a kick for his actions.

"I'm sure Melanie would make a wonderful damsel in distress, but we need her in the security office. However Vasquez is available and I believe she...ah here she is now," Clawson said, standing and moving to meet the newcomer.

"Oh...oh, Michael, I think it's time..."

"Shit, she's having a baby!" Franklin said and moved so the raven-haired beauty could take his seat.

"I'll call for an ambulance!" Lewis told them as she picked up the receiver.

"Got you!" Maria Vasquez said with a smile and stood up to face the people in the room. She lifted her top and showed them the fake pregnancy pillow hidden there.

"Sonofabitch!" Atwater said with a grin. "You're...you're..."

"Not pregnant?" Vasquez finished for the stammering man. "No, not at the moment, but I do know how to act the part and no man can resist a woman in labor."

"Especially one as gorgeous as you, Vasquez," Clawson said and hugged her for several long seconds.

"Ah, too bad your taste doesn't go both ways, Michael," the woman said when the strong arms finally released her.

"Yes, well, if I did straddle the fence then you would be a temptation I could not resist," Clawson said with a smile. "Now, I guess all that's left is to go over the timing of the operation. I want everything to go smoothly and there'll be a bonus to each of you if this is accomplished in less than two hours."




Ronald Templeton knew this meet could mean the difference for him. In the years he'd been selling drugs and weapons he still hadn't made a big name for himself, but tonight could change all that. This sale alone could amount to over ten million dollars and would put a new spin on how the others saw him. He looked towards his right hand man and knew he was nervous about this operation.

"Come on, Rico, things are finally looking up for us."

"Are they, Ronald? I don't like this. It smells of corruption!"

"We've taken extra precautions, Rico, trust in that!"

"I'm suspicious by nature..."

"And for that I'm grateful, but tonight will make us rich beyond anything we've had before. It'll give us access to things we never could before and that means more money...women...and that nose powder you enjoy so much!"

"I have always been happy with the way things have been, Ronald."

"You always were an underachiever, Rico, that's why I have to look after things for both of us," Templeton said as he reached for the bottle of bourbon in the cooler. The driver maneuvered around a stopped city works van and continued along the street towards the warehouse district.

"I just hope we don't live to regret this one," Rico said and accepted a glass from his employer.

"We won't, Rico, our men are in position and will take care of any unwanted intruders!" Templeton said and sipped the fiery liquid before settling back in his seat.




The sharpshooter watched the area below him and knew he could take out any threat against his friends. The last of the employees had already left and the security guard had been given the night off. Vin knew this was because of the meet going down in a little over an hour and he settled in for the long wait. The warehouse was quiet except for the sound of water dripping into a sink at the south end of the warehouse and his soft breathing. Taking the time he had left, Vin checked his rifle and then walked along the scaffolding until he was sure he had the best view of the room below.




"JD, are you getting this?"

"Coming through loud and clear, Buck."

"What about this, Mr. Dunne?"

"I got you too, Ez. Looks like everything's working perfectly."

"JD, I hate when you say things like that," Wilmington said as he exited the car.

"Sorry...forgot you were superstitious, Buck," Dunne answered.

"You boys might want to be quiet. There are several cars moving towards your location," Jackson told the two men. He knew Larabee and Sanchez were on one of the roofs and watching with high definition binoculars.

"You heard the man, JD, cut the chat!" Wilmington said and leaned against the Porsche as three cars entered the empty parking lot. "Are you ready, Ezra?"

"Not for a minute, Mr. Wilmington," Standish answered in his usual manner. He had to admit that the dark Armani suit and white silk shirt and tie looked good on Wilmington, but could not bring himself to compliment the ladies' man. His own suit was tailored to fit by a man who specialized in his style and for that he was grateful as he straightened the vest and looked down at his arm. He held a locked briefcase in his hand and felt the cuff encircle his wrist. The bills inside were unmarked and if he relinquished them they would be virtually untraceable. As the three cars came to a stop he let the tension leave his body and became the man his fake identification said he was.

"Mr. Templeton, it's good to see you again," Wilmington said as the newcomer and three of his men joined them.

"Do you have the money, Mr. Edwards?" Templeton asked.

"My associate is holding the funds and might I add he will not release them until we see the goods."

"What's stopping us from just shooting you both and taking the money?" Rico asked wearily.

"That wouldn't be a wise decision. We might not be well known in these parts, but I'm sure you checked our credentials and realize that our lives are of value to the people we work for. Now, since we both have other plans I would suggest we get this over with."

"Relax, Rico, and put the damn gun away!" Templeton snapped and was relieved when his associate did as he was told. "All right, gentlemen, I do hope you are not carrying."

"You asked us to come unarmed," Wilmington answered.

"Then you would not mind consenting to my men searching you?" Templeton asked,

"I am not one to allow anyone to search me, but if it will make this any easier, then by all means go ahead," Standish told them, his tone bored as two men searched for weapons and wires.

"They're clean," the man who searched them explained.

"Very good," the crime lord said and relaxed even more.

"Where are the guns?" Wilmington asked.

"Inside," Rico answered and led them towards the doors.




"JD, tell Vin to keep his eyes open!" Larabee ordered as he watched the group of men walking towards the main doors. So far things were going as scheduled, but Chris knew his men were ready if anything should go wrong.

"They'll be all right, Boss," Sanchez said through the headphones.

"I hope so, Josiah, but that man with Templeton looks edgy. JD, tell Vin to watch him closely!"

"Will do, Chris," Dunne agreed.




"Vin, they're coming in through the main doors. Chris said to watch Templeton's right hand man."

"I got 'em, JD," Tanner said and watched as several men entered the warehouse. He lay on the hard metal floor and was glad he'd chosen this vantage point. All totaled there were eight men in the warehouse, but Vin's main concern were the two members of The Firm. He knew if Templeton's men panicked it would be up to him to make sure Standish and Wilmington made it to safety. Taking a deep, calming breath, the sharpshooter held the gun to his shoulder and watched the proceedings.




Chris watched the men who remained outside the warehouse and knew they could handle them easily, but it was what happened inside that worried the blond. He knew second-guessing his own orders amounted to nothing, but he found himself doing exactly that. The Texan could easily handle what was happening inside, but if and when the time came they had to be ready for all contingencies.

Chris looked towards Sanchez and made sure the older man was aware of the volatile situation. A nod from the ex-preacher eased some of the tension from the blond, but he knew he'd have to unwind once the operation was over. Until then, he'd remain on edge, ready for anything, and willing to do anything to protect his friends.




JD looked at Nathan as they monitored the conversation taking place somewhere to the west of them. They knew Larabee, Tanner, and Sanchez were in direct contact with the two undercover agents, but until they had evidence of Templeton's illegal operations they would not move in.

"JD, make sure the tapes running on this!" Jackson ordered and watched as the younger man's fingers flew over the keyboard.

"It's all set, Nathan," Dunne said.

"Good, I'll be glad when this is over."

"Me too. You'd think we'd be used to these damn things by now!"

"Kid, if the day comes when we find ourselves becoming used to busts of this nature I'll damn well hang up my hat and take cover. Listen, I think this is about to go down!"




The eight men stood inside the warehouse as the door was secured and the overhead lights turned on. Templeton stood between two men while the other three took up positions at the edge of the well-lit area.

"All right, Gentlemen, show me the money...Oh God, I've always wanted to say that," Templeton said and laughed at his own joke.

"Very funny," Wilmington said as Standish placed the briefcase on a stack of boxes. Buck motioned for him to open the locks and waited as Templeton moved forward to inspect the cash. He reached for a pile of bills and handed it to the hardened criminal and watched as he fanned through it.

"How do I know this is not the only stack of real bills?"

"Check for yourself!" the rogue offered and moved to the right. The gun hidden inside the briefcase was well hidden and would be triggered by Standish when the time was right. He'd seen the gambler use the spring-loaded mechanism before and was confident in the man's ability with the small weapon.

Templeton reached for a second stack of bills and smiled as he rifled them through his fingers. This was something he'd been working towards and now was the time to make his move. With this buy he could easily take over a major part of the organization and no one would deny it as his right.

"All right, we've shown our good faith, now where are the guns."

"All in good time, Mr. Edwards. Rico, would you mind opening the crate?"

"Certainly, Ronald," the second man said and moved towards a stack of crates set against the wall.




High overhead a muscle twitched as the rifle moved a fraction of an inch. Even in the heat and pressure of this situation Vin Tanner showed no sign of life except for his own silent, steady, even breathing. Two friends were in a tight spot, and relied on him to keep them safe. Again the muscle twitched as Tanner set his sights on the man at the crate. This man seemed to be unsteady and somehow the tracker knew if there was trouble it would start with him.




The men standing around the cars outside the warehouse seemed to relax with the passing of time, but Josiah knew each one carried a gun somewhere on them. Several times the lights from the parking lot reflected off metal and he knew Larabee was seeing the same thing. He remained still, watching and waiting for any sign that trouble was starting.




Rico used the crowbar to pry open the top crate and moved aside in order for the buyers to see the merchandise. He knew the weapons were hot, but the serial numbers were filed off and could not be traced back to the shipment stolen two months before.

"Whoa, very nice," Wilmington said. "May I?"

"Certainly. Make sure you check the merchandise is one of my favorite mottos," Templeton said as the other man reached for the weapon and pulled it from the packing.

"XM8 with XM320 40mm grenade launcher..."

"I'm impressed, Mr. Edwards, you know your weapons."

"Hell, I love new toys and these are very new. How the hell did you get your hands on these babies and how many can I have?"

"We have maybe a dozen, but there is a good chance I could lay my hands on more as long as you have sufficient funds."

"Money is not an object. What about ammunition?"

"I can supply ammunition for these and anything else you decide to take."

"Now it's my turn to be impressed," Wilmington said as he placed the weapon back in the crate. "If I decide I need more than what you have how soon can I expect delivery?"

"That would depend on my contact, but I think two weeks would be doable," Templeton said, smiling as Rico placed the lid back on the crate.

"So, do we have a deal?" Templeton asked.

"Oh, I think we can say this is a done deal. Ezra, you can remove the cuffs and pay the man...I've always wanted to say that," Wilmington said with a smile as he moved to the opposite side of the room.

Ezra opened the cuffs and turned away from the men as he pressed a button releasing the hidden weapon. He palmed the small handgun and nodded imperceptibly towards his partner as he turned to face Rico. The man's eyes were cold as they stared at him and Ezra knew this was where the real threat lay. The man stared at him as he reached for the briefcase and the gambler had no idea what set him off, but the next instant he found himself staring down the barrel of a Sig.

"What the hell's going on, Templeton?" Wilmington asked as he moved forward.

"Rico, what the hell are you doing?" Templeton snapped.

"I don't trust them, Ronald...."




"Chris, something's happening. Looks like one of Templeton's men is having second thoughts," Jackson explained as JD continued to monitor the action inside the warehouse.




"Josiah, we need to take care of these guys and get inside!" Larabee ordered and moved towards the stairs leading down into the parking lot. "Nathan, let Miller know things are going to hell fast!"




"Already done," Jackson said as he turned towards JD. "What's happening in there?"

"Right now it sounds like Rico is holding a gun on Ezra. There's been no shot's fired, but the Sonofabitch seems trigger happy," Dunne explained worriedly. He fidgeted in the chair, hating the fact that they could do nothing to help from where they were.




Vin sited down the barrel of his rifle and eased his body into line to take the shot if necessary. So far Wilmington was handling things and there was still a small hope they could get out of this without gunfire.




"God damn it, Templeton! We came here in good faith and you're letting this bastard ruin it!" Wilmington snarled as Rico's gun wavered slightly.

"Rico, put the damn gun away and go check on the men outside!" Templeton warned.

"These bastards are not who they say they are!"

"That remains to be seen, but if they are not real buyers we have enough men to take care of them. Right now I want you out of here and let that fucking temper of yours cool off! Understood?"

"Ronald..."

"Rico, you fuck this up and I'll put a bullet through your thick skull myself! Now get the hell out of here!"




Vin breathed a sigh of relief as Rico lowered his weapon and turned away from the gambler. Through the telescopic site, Vin could see the cool façade that still clung to the conman and knew his friend would need to talk this out once it was over. Sighting down the rifle he followed the retreating figure until he reached the main door and exited the warehouse.




Chris held his place as the door opened to his right and a single man came outside. He watched as the angry man kicked at a cat that crossed in front of him, and was glad the cat was able to leap out of the way. There were four other men in the parking lot and he knew Sanchez was waiting for him to make a move. Right now things seemed to be under control, but Chris knew that could change quickly.

"Nathan, have Miller hold back until I tell you otherwise."

"Will do, Chris."




Josiah had seen the man exit the warehouse and had ducked behind the garbage bin before the man spotted him. The smell of rancid garbage was nauseating and he fought the sickening stench by holding his hand over his mouth and nose as he cautiously looked around the container.




"I do apologize for Rico's suspicious nature, but it has saved us many times. Now, why don't we finish this and get the hell out of here!" Templeton's good mood had dissipated with Rico's exit and he seemed to be on edge as he reached for the briefcase without realizing he was no longer flanked by his two bodyguards. He trusted Rico and wondered why he'd made the man leave. If these two were buyers he could still salvage the sale, but he needed to find out for sure. Without warning he reached for the weapon in his shoulder holster, but was surprised by movement to his right.

With a nod to the gambler, Buck reached for the first man as Standish dropped the briefcase and pulled Templeton closer. Buck didn't take the time to look at his friend as he slugged the man closest to him and grabbed the gun from his hand before rolling behind the crates.




Vin fired at the man nearest the door at the same time Buck wrestled the gun from the second bodyguard. He turned the gun on the third man and took the man down with a shot dead center of his chest. He quickly spotted the struggle between Ezra and Templeton and tried for a clear shot, but there was no way he could chance it as Wilmington turned his attention to the fourth man.




As soon as the first shot sounded, Rico turned back to the warehouse and a long string of muffled curses escaped as he reached for the handle.

"I wouldn't if I were you!" Larabee warned and ducked back as Rico fired a shot in his direction. "Nathan, tell Miller to get his ass over here!"

"On it!"

"Get those bastards!" Rico shouted and tried for the door again as Larabee fired another shot in his direction.




Sanchez fired at one of the men who moved towards the driver's seat and heard the man curse as the bullet entered his leg. He turned his weapon on a second man who was moving in Larabee's direction and fired a shot, but missed as the man ducked behind the door of the nearest car. Josiah moved back as a bullet ricocheted off the garbage can he was using as a shield. Taking a quick look around the corner he fired again and heard a shot from Larabee's direction at the same instant a loud yelp was heard from behind the car.




Rico raced back to the cars and fired a barrage of bullets towards the man using the building as cover. He knew he didn't hit anything, but cursed as another of Templeton's employees fell to the ground and the sound of sirens echoed through the night air.




Ezra grabbed the man's hand as he tried to bring his own weapon up. Templeton was stronger than he'd looked and the conman used every ounce of his strength to keep the man from grasping his own gun.

"I s...should've let R...Rico k...kill you, but that w...would h...have taken the p...pleasure from me!"

"T...that r...remains to be seen!" Standish countered as he managed to twist around and force the man into a defensive position once more. He heard gunfire and would later wonder how they both managed to escape the bullets.




Vin knew there was no point in staying in the rafters and hurried down the steep stairs towards the small war being wagered below him. He heard the sirens in the distance and knew Miller and his men would soon be there, but right now his friends needed his help. He took the steps two at a time and glanced around the corner just as Wilmington shot the man he'd originally took the gun from. Vin turned to see Standish roll to his left and finally get the upper hand as Templeton struck out at him.

Ezra felt the glancing blow but had finally gotten his gun in his hand and had placed it against the criminal's chest.

"Now, Sir, I believe it would be prudent of you to lie still!" Standish warned and used his left hand to remove the man's still holstered weapon.

"Ezra, you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine, Mr. Wilmington," Standish said. "Perhaps it would be advisable for you to check on Mr. Larabee's predicament!"

"I'll go! Buck, you stay here with Ezra!" Tanner said and hurried towards the side door. The main gunfire was from the front of the warehouse and he hoped he could take Templeton's men by surprise.

"Buck, are you guys okay?"

"Just peachy, Nate," Wilmington said as Standish stood and kept his weapon pointed at Templeton. He checked the other men and removed their weapons before making the two that were alive sit beside their boss.

"Anyone hurt?"

"Just the miscreant for a change," Standish answered.

"Good, now if Chris and Josiah would check in we'd be doing fine!"

"It sounds like the cavalry has arrived," Wilmington said, but was still nervous about the gunfire he heard.




Chris watched as several squad cars pulled into the yard and smiled as Miller and his officers joined them. Templeton's men were caught in a crossfire situation and he knew it wouldn't be long before they were arrested. Rico fired between the police cars and Larabee's location, but didn't come close to hitting him.

"Josiah, cover me!" Larabee shouted and heard Sanchez' answer as he raced across the parking lot and hid behind a stack of crates. As soon as Rico turned to fire at the police officers, Chris pointed his weapon and pulled the trigger, relieved when the gun flew from Rico's hand and clattered across the pavement.

"This is Captain Bob Miller with the Billings Police Department! Put down your weapons and lie face down on the ground!"

Chris heard a sound behind him and turned his weapon on the newcomer, but smiled as he recognized the sharpshooter. "Good way to get yourself shot, Tanner!"

"Nah, ain't likely ta happen. Sounds like Bob's got things under control!"

"Yeah, but keep an eye out anyway!"

"Always do, Cowboy," Tanner said as he watched Miller's men surround Templeton's remaining forces.

"Buck and Ezra?"

"Are fine. They've got Templeton and a couple of his cronies inside!"

"Chris, you boys all right?"

"Think so. Buck and Ezra have Templeton."

"Jacobs, Miletti, take a couple of men and secure the warehouse!"

"Yes, Sir!" Miletti said and signalled for two men to follow him as the remaining officers cuffed the prisoners before putting them into patrol cars. Once the area was secured they allowed the paramedics to come in and take care of the wounded.

"Chris, we owe you boys big time! We've been after Templeton and Rico for a long time," Miller said as Larabee, Tanner, and Sanchez joined him at his car.

"Glad the bastard is finally off the street," Larabee answered as The Firm's surveillance van entered the parking lot. They had enough to put a major dent in Templeton's organization, but there were others that would take his place.

"Looks like you have a lot of paperwork ahead of you. Those weapons Buck and Ezra were looking at were stolen from a shipment over a month ago," Wilmington said as he and Standish joined the group.

"Yeah, the FBI is probably going to be pissed that we didn't let them in on this one!" Miller said.

"They screwed up the last operation," Tanner observed.

"Yes, but they managed to cover that up and will probably figure out a way to take credit for this one," Miller explained.

"I don't really care who takes credit for it as long as we get a conviction," Sanchez said and knew the six members of The Firm agreed with him. He watched as the police put up the yellow tape that sealed the area off for forensics to come in and go over the crime scene. The rest of the night would be filled with giving statements and it would be late by the time they reached home, but at the streets were a little safer with Templeton off the streets.

"I know, Josiah, but it can get a little disheartening sometimes. I'll see you boys at the station as soon as I finish up here," Miller said and watched the seven men climb into The Firm's van. He admired Larabee's team and understood that sometimes they walked outside the law, but never exceeded their own limitation.

"Captain, the weapons have been secured and we're searching the rest of the warehouse, but it looks like there were only those two cases," Miletti explained as the van drove away from the parking lot.

"Make damn sure of that, Miletti. Go over the damn building with a fine tooth comb!"

"Yes, Sir," Miletti answered turning back towards the building.

Miller watched his men as they continued to secure the area and took a deep breath. The paramedics were transporting the injured to the hospital, but several of his officers were escorting the prisoners. All in all it had been a well-planned operation and he was glad Larabee's men came away unscathed. He opened the door and climbed in behind the wheel, knowing the night was still young and there were other crimes happening around the city.




"Believe me, Jonathan, everything is going to work out," Michael Clawson explained as he walked alongside his brother. Today was family day at the prison and as such they were given time alone and Clawson could see the other man was more than a little angry.

"How can you say that, Michael? You're not the one in here! You're not the one who's locked in a room with a man who thinks your ass is grass and he's the fucking lawnmower!"

"No...no I'm not, but it sounds kind of kinky to me," Michael said and grinned at his brother.

"Jesus, is sex all you ever have on your mind?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact it is most of the time. Now this man...your roommate...has he tried anything?"

"No, not yet, but I don't think he'll wait much longer. I can't do this, Michael. I'm not like you!"

"I know you're not, Jonathan, but I do have several contacts and one of them just happens to be in a cell a short distance from yours. He owes me a favor and I spoke to him about this man and if he tries anything, tell him Murdock does not appreciate anyone touching his assets."

"His what?"

"His assets. Murdock seems to think he owns my ass, but it's actually the other way around. Now he knows you're my brother and that you're straight and he is going to put the word out that you're under his protection. He'll keep you safe."

"But who'll keep me safe from Murdock?"

"Murdock's tastes are for bigger men...he'll probably think of you as his little brother! He won't touch you, Jonathan!"

"I wish I could believe you..."

"Have I ever lied to you?"

"No."

"And I'm not going to start now, but I have to leave now."

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

"Hell, yes, and you know there just might be some fringe benefits while I'm at it."

"Larabee?"

"Well, he does fit into my dreams of a perfect lover!"

"Damn, I wish I could be there to see Larabee's face!"

"I wish you could too, Jonathan, but I think we'd better take off as soon as we get you out of here. Perhaps we could take Larabee with us!"

"Only if you let me kill the bastard!"

"I think that could be arranged. Anyway, Brother, you take care and make sure you go see Murdock, he'll watch your ass..."

"Don't say it that way, Michael!" the younger man said as they walked towards the entrance to the prison's main building.




Melanie Lewis took a deep breath before entering the building and walking towards the security desk. One man sat behind the desk itself and another was in the office behind the desk. The monitors would be showing the main parking lot, the underground area, and each of the stairwells and elevators. Her job was to take control of those monitors and make sure it was secure until the others were in position. It would be a simple matter to take the front desk, but they knew they could not hold it once the news got out about the hostages. Barry Atwater came through the main doors and joined her at the security desk.

"Can I help you?" Tom Carter asked the couple. "Hi Jake."

"Hey, Tom, is Chris in?"

"Yes, is he expecting you?"

"I think so. You can call up if you like."

"No, go on up." Carter said and turned his attention back to the newcomers. "Sorry about that."

"That's okay," Melanie smiled sweetly and bent down so the man could have a clear view of her breasts. "I was hoping there was a bathroom I could use."

"Sorry, Ma'am, but you could try the restaurant across the street."

"Sorry, Pal, but she needs to use one real bad!" Atwater said as he moved behind the desk and entered the office before either security officer could react.

"Now, Tom, we don't want to hurt anyone so please just continue to smile and look like you're enjoying yourself while my partner sees to your associate."

"What the hell's this all about?" Carter asked as she reached out and took the gun from the man's holster.

"Bring him in, Melanie," Atwater called and Melanie motioned for the man to stand up.

"Please, don't try anything stupid or your associate will no longer be amongst the living!" Lewis warned as she joined the man behind the desk and moved into the office. Atwater was already pulling on the security jacket and was placing the fake ID on the lapel as she entered with Carter. Before the man had a chance to say anything, Lewis struck him on the back of the head and smiled as he slumped to the floor.

"Nice work," Atwater said with a grin as he moved around the two unconscious security guards. "Now get to work on disarming those cameras and sensors!"

"Piece of cake," Lewis said and used a set of cuffs to secure the second man. By the time she finished both men were bound and gagged and she moved to the keyboard on the desk. She knew Atwater would contact Maria Vasquez and Cecil Franklin and that the couple would be watching from the park across the street. Once there were three teams in place the man and woman would proceed inside and up to the seventh floor where The Firm's offices were located. She heard Atwater explaining to Orrin Travis that Tom Carter was called away on an emergency and that he was told to report for duty and knew the layout of the building.




"Tell Tom to take all the time he needs and let us know what hospital his mother is in so we can send a gift basket."

"Yes, Sir, Mr. Travis, I'll tell Tom when I see him," Atwater told the older man as he pressed a button on the console.

"Good," Travis said as he finished checking the man's ID and credentials.

"I'm sure you'll get a call from the head office...just can't say exactly when. They've been having trouble with the phone lines!"

"Yes, I have noticed that," Travis said unaware that the problem was prearranged and the interference was caused by Melanie Lewis. "Well, you just make sure you give us the same quality service Tom does and everything will be okay."

"I will, Mr. Travis. Have a good afternoon, Sir," Atwater said and watched the former judge walk towards the main elevator. "Let the show begin!"




"Hello, Boys," Jake Taylor said as he entered the outer office of The Firm. Wilmington and Jackson were working on several files spread out over the rogue's desk. Standish and Dunne seemed to be going over something on the computer monitor. Sanchez was reading the front page of the Billings Gazette, while Tanner was working on a stack of papers at his desk.

"Hey, Jake, how's it hangin'?" Wilmington asked with a grin. This man had become a close friend to the team since the days he'd watched over their boss.

"Still in the same place, Buck. Is Chris around?"

"He's in his office working on the Templeton file," Dunne answered.

"Ah, Yes, it seems we owe you boys our thanks again. I was glad to see you boys came away unscathed."

"You and me both," Jackson mumbled as he stood and walked to the coffee machine. "It's nice not to have to file an insurance claim."

"I bet. Who made the coffee?"

"I did," Standish answered and smiled as Taylor accepted a cup from the medic.

"Thanks, glad to see you boys have wizened up about who makes this stuff."

"Yes, well, we do not all have the need to use a knife to cut through the sludge..."

"Ezra, my coffee ain't sludge!"

"I beg to differ, Vin. Your coffee has all the requirements of the substance used to tar the roofs of many homes..."

"Yeah, sort of like that vegemite crap Marita brought you back from New Zealand," Dunne quipped.

"Marita and vegemite go hand in hand, Kid, they both have more'n a little bit of sass," Tanner said and smiled as Wilmington snickered knowingly. The Texan had met Marita while escaping Saint Vincents after being hospitalized during an explosion at Rimrock Mall. The two still kept in touch, but did not want to get serious yet.

"I don't think I want to hear anymore," the ex-cop said and turned towards the closed office door. "Do you think Chris wants company?"

"Chris is always willing to see you, Jake," Sanchez said.

"Lord knows he could use the break!" Jackson told them.

"Grouchy?"

"Like a grizzly with a burr up his ass!" Tanner answered and smiled as Jackson spewed coffee from his mouth and nose.

"Jesus, Vin," the medic cursed and reached for the paper towels.

Jake shook his head and smiled as he walked to the closed door and knocked once.

"This better be damned important!" Larabee's voice was laced with tension as the door opened.

"Well, not really, but..."

"Ah, hell, Jake, come on in! How are you doing?" Larabee asked as he came around the desk and shook hands with the older man.

"I'm fine, but it sounds like you're swamped again. Paperwork?"

"Yeah, seems like every time we finish a case another one comes up. You'd think the assholes would take a vacation and give us a break!"

"I've been saying the same thing for nearly forty years, Chris, so it doesn't seem likely to happen in our lifetime, but at least we have a chance with men like your team working at it."

"Thanks, Jake, have a seat."

"Are you sure...looks like I was interrupting something."

"You are, but believe me I can use the break and just maybe you'll be able to save a tree or two while you're at it," Larabee said as he looked at the balled up paper in and around the wastebasket.

"I can see that...still not fancy on computers?"

"They have their uses, but sometimes it works out best to do the files this way."

"I always was a paper man myself," Taylor assured him.

"So is this visit business or pleasure?"

"Pleasure, I hope. Are you busy this weekend?"

"Not that I know of. Just going to clean out the barn. Why?"

"Well, I have this cabin in the mountains and was wondering if you'd like to come with me. It's not a big place, but it's got some pretty scenery and a lake full of trout," Taylor smiled as he watched the younger man's face.

"Sounds great, Jake."

"So you'll come?"

"Hell yeah, better than what I had planned. What time do you want to leave?"

"It's a five hour drive so I figure if we leave around three we should be there in plenty of time to get an hour or two of fishing in. Might even catch enough for dinner."

"I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend."

"Think the other boys would like to join us?"

"Maybe...why don't we ask them?" Larabee stood up and walked towards the door. Pulling it open he shook his head as his friends seemed to lose themselves in what they'd been doing.




Franklin and Vasquez nodded imperceptibly towards Atwater as they passed the security desk. So far three teams were in place and three more should be set up by the time they made the scene in The Firm's office. The pillow she wore held a small semi automatic pistol and was easily accessible to her once they were ready to make their move.

"How the hell do you stay so damn cool, Vasquez?" Franklin asked as they entered the elevator and he pressed the button for the tenth floor.

"It's in the genes, Franklin," she said with a grin as her companion laughed and looked at her behind.

"Yeah, and those are some jeans, Honey."

"Get ready," Vasquez ordered as the high-speed elevator neared their destination.




Chris glanced from one desk to the other and knew he'd been in a bitch of a mood the whole morning. He also knew these men understood him better than anyone. "All right, Boys, I guess I owe you all an apology..."

"And then some," Tanner muttered softly.

"What was that?"

"Vin was just..."

"I heard him, JD," Larabee smiled as he looked at the young Bostonian and Dunne tried to look serious. "Now boys..."

A sudden gasp and a cry of pain caught their attention and Chris and Jake hurried to the open door in time to see a man trying to hold his wife upright as water seemed to pool at her feet.

"Oh, God, help us...Please help us!" the man cried as Larabee made it to the couple first.

"Cecil, my water broke!"

"I know, Maria! Please we need to get her..."

"Buck, help us out here!" Larabee ordered. "Get her in my office!"

"Sure, Chris!"

"Nathan, get over here! Josiah, call the paramedics!" Larabee ordered as he helped Buck carry the woman through the main office and into his private one. He knew the others were staying back to give them room as they placed the woman on his couch. "Buck, get the blanket..."

"No need," the woman said as she drew her hands away from her stomach.

Chris found himself staring down the barrel of a weapon he'd seen many times over the years. He heard Buck gasp from beside him, but only had eyes for the woman. "What's going on?"

"What the fuck does it look like? Put your hands behind your head and move back!"

"All right, Gentlemen, you heard the lady! Clasp your hands behind your head and move over to the far side of the room!" Franklin ordered and smiled as he heard the same commands coming from the outer office.

Chris did as he was told and moved back as the woman stood up and removed the fake pregnancy pillow from around her waist. He heard a sharp cry of pain from the outer office and immediately moved towards the door.

"Uhuh, Larabee, stay where you are!" Vasquez snapped and motioned the blond away from the door.

"Vasquez, you have control in there?"

"No problems here, Gerald!" the woman answered.

"Gentlemen, on your knees," Franklin ordered.

"What the hell do you want?" Wilmington asked.

"Right now all we want is your cooperation. Anything else will be explained later!" Vasquez told them. "Franklin, are the other teams in position?"

"Teams five and six should be arriving any minute. Sammy and Joe's team just arrived. They're securing the perimeter and will shut down the elevators as soon as Michael arrives!"

"Excellent," Vasquez said and watched her partner as he moved behind Wilmington. "Now, my partner is going to put handcuffs on all of you and then we'll go into the outer office. Your cooperation in this could very well save the lives of your friends out there!"




Josiah held the gambler and lowered him to the floor. They'd been caught by surprise when four men entered the room with weapons drawn and ordered them face down on the floor. Ezra had been closest to the invaders and tried to grab one of the guns, but was taken down when a second man struck him with the butt of his gun.

"Easy, Son, just be still!" Sanchez warned as Tanner and Dunne stood angrily facing the newcomers. Blood streamed from a cut above the conman's left eye and Sanchez knew he needed to stop the bleeding. "JD, bring me the first aid kit!"

"Stay where you are!" one of the men ordered.

"This man is hurt and I need to stop the bleeding!" Sanchez spat angrily and smiled as Tanner moved to get the items he needed. The Texan was an imposing figure when he was angry and right now the anger was clear on the younger man's face as he crossed the room.

"Joe, gather the weapons and make damn sure there's nothing they can use!" Gerald Stephens ordered as he followed the longhaired agent as he grabbed the kit and knelt beside Sanchez.

"How bad, Josiah?" Tanner asked worriedly.

"Not too bad, but we need to stop the bleeding."

"Feels like the miscreants have opened a chasm in my skull," Standish said and winced as Sanchez pressed a bandage against the wound.

"I wouldn't call it a chasm, Ezra...small rift maybe," Tanner said as he tried to lighten the mood.

"Put a band aid on it and get away from him!" Stephens warned and found himself face to face with an enraged tiger.

"Fuck off!" Tanner spat.

"Vin, not now!" Larabee warned from the doorway of his office as he and the others were herded into the main room. Chris looked at his men and saw the blood on Sanchez's hands as he held the pressure bandage to the wound on Standish's head. "Josiah?"

"He's okay, Chris, it's a good thing he has a hard head!" the ex-preacher said as he taped a clean piece of gauze to the wound.

"Enough chit chat! All of you move over to that side of the room!" Vasquez ordered and watched as the eight men did as they were told. "Cuff those two!"

Chris glared at the woman who'd so easily duped them, but there was nothing they could do about that now. Standish had already been hurt and he didn't want any of the others to suffer the same fate. He stood his ground as the others were forced to the far end of the room and the desks were pushed up against the walls.

"Sammy, you and Joe take your team and seal the stairwell doors!" Vasquez ordered and watched as the four left the room even as two newcomers arrived.

"Hey, Vasquez, how did it go?" Brian Bauer asked.

"Piece of cake! That little bit with my water breaking was the perfect touch. Has Michael arrived?"

"Yes, just got here and is making sure the teams are in place. He should be up in a few minutes."

Chris watched the men and women who'd successfully commandeered his office and got the upper hand on them. There was something about the attention to detail that bugged him, but he knew he wouldn't get any details until their leader arrived. He turned to see Nathan checking on Standish and breathed a sigh of relief when Ezra seemed to protest the healer's touch. He quickly glanced at Tanner and knew the Texan was as angry as the rest of them, but he could not let the young man's volatile temper jeopardize anyone's life. The seventh man was watching him carefully and Chris couldn't help feeling sorry for his being caught up in this mess.

"Sorry you got caught up in this, Jake."

"Not your fault, Chris. Who are these bastards?"

"No idea, but guess we'll find out when they're ready to tell us."

"Shut up over there!" Vasquez ordered as her partners took vantage points around the room while they waited for Michael Clawson's arrival. She pressed a button on the phone closest to her and waited for Lewis to pick it up.




Barry Atwater smiled as the well-dressed man entered the main lobby of the building and hurried over to the desk.

"How did things go?" Clawson asked as he straightened the lapels on his royal blue suit.

"The timing has been perfect. Vasquez has her group in position and they were sealing the main doors leading into the stairwell. They'll hold off on shutting down the elevators until we reach the tenth floor."

"Excellent. Tell Melanie we're ready to go!" Clawson said and knew once they were on the tenth floor they could seal themselves off until the time was right. He'd studied the blueprints and knew Atwater was right about a way out. All he had to do was get into the main elevator shaft and go down to the parking level. Once there he could open one of the access vents leading outside and disappear before anyone even knew he was gone, but that was only if they encountered problems he had not foreseen.

"Michael, it looks like you were right. Vasquez has everything under control up top," Lewis explained as she closed the security office door.

"Excellent. Now why don't we join the others before someone comes looking for security," Clawson ordered as Atwater placed a sign on the desk that said he would be back in fifteen minutes.




"All clear!" Joe Willis said as he came into the main office.

"Excellent!" Vasquez smiled as she looked at the prisoners. "Where's Sammy?"

"She's walking the perimeter with Mac and Robert."

"Good, Michael should be on his way up here and then I'll want someone stationed at the elevator."

"I thought Melanie was going to override the commands so that it wouldn't stop on this floor."

"She is, but it's always good to have a back up plan," Vasquez said and smiled as she heard the elevator doors open. "Looks like the fun's about to start."




"Chris, stay away from that big one who just came in," Taylor warned.

"Which one?" Larabee asked.

"The big one, blond hair..."

"Why?"

"He's got an arrest record a mile long," Taylor said, feeling the other members of The Firm watching him curiously.

"I saw him at the courthouse...what kind of record?" Sanchez asked.

"Sexual assault," the ex-cop answered.

"What's that got to do with Chris?" Dunne asked softly.

"He's got a preference for blond haired green eyed men," Taylor warned just as the big man turned in their direction.

Chris would never admit to fear, but when his eyes met the dark grey ones set in the ruggedly handsome face of the newcomer, he felt it jolt through his body. Sanchez was right about this man being at the courthouse, but Chris had no idea what he had to do with Clawson. The man strode towards them and stood over the seated members of The Firm before turning his gaze on the older man.

"Well I must say this is a surprise, Jake. How long's it been?"

"Not long enough in my book!" Taylor told him.

"Who the hell are you?" Larabee asked from beside the ex-cop.

"Ah, you must be Chris Larabee...my name does not matter, but my brother's does. He's in prison because of you and I think it's time you helped me get him out, don't you?"

"It'd be better if we just have you join him instead!" Larabee spat.

"That's highly unlikely, Chris..."

"That's Mr. Larabee to you, asshole!" the blond said and received a vicious backhand for his comment.

"You and I will need to have this conversation in private, Chris!" Clawson said, sneering the blond's name as he grabbed Larabee's arm.

"Leave him the hell alone!" Wilmington snarled but could do little to stop the man from dragging the cuffed blond to his feet.

"Now, Buck, Chris is your boss...leader...chief or whatever you wish to call him and as such he must answer for your actions. What that means is that should any of you decide to make an escape attempt or attack one of my people, Chris will be the one to pay for such transgressions. Do I make myself clear?"

"Perfectly!" Jackson answered before anyone else could. They watched as Larabee was marched towards his office and the door closed behind them.

"Jake, who is he?" Sanchez asked.

"His name is Michael William Clawson..."

"Clawson...sonofabitch!" Tanner snarled as he realized the implications of the man's identity.

"You know him?" Taylor asked.

"Not him...his brother. Jonathan Clawson. Chris testified against the bastard a couple of months ago. We all did, but it was Chris' testimony that sent him to prison," Jackson explained.

"You boys might want to keep it down over there or I'm going to have to gag you," Vasquez warned.




"You may leave us, Barry," Clawson said as he moved behind the desk and sat down.

"You sure?"

"Oh, I think I can handle Chris. We are going to chat like true gentlemen."

"You wouldn't be mistaken for a gentleman," Larabee said as he was shoved forcefully into the chair across from the newcomer. He heard the door close behind him and knew he was alone with his nemesis.

"Perhaps not, but at least I look like one and don't flaunt myself in tight black jeans."

"My taste in clothes is not in question here, who the fuck are you people?"

"My name is Michael Clawson..."

"Clawson!"

"That is correct and I'm sure you're wondering how I'm related to Jonathan. He's my twin."

"Twin?"

"Exactly...as in born at the same time to the same parents."

"I know what twins are, Clawson..."

"Mr. Clawson or Michael!"

"Clawson," Larabee said deliberately and saw the grey eyes turn deadly cold.

"You will speak to me with respect or so help me God--"

"Don't you dare bring God into this!"

"I'll make you sorry you ever laid eyes on me or my brother!"

"Already am," the blond said as Clawson reached for the picture on his desk.

"Nice picture...where was it taken?" the big man asked as he studied the framed shot of Larabee and his men. It looked as if they'd been celebrating something and each man wore a smile that spoke volumes of the meaning Of friendship.

Larabee glared at his nemesis and wanted to snatch the picture out of his hands, but it was impossible with his arms cuffed behind his back.

"You look damn good in Speedos," Clawson said with a smile as he ran his finger along the edge of the picture frame.

"Fuck off!" the blond cursed as the man's eyes raked over his upper body. "Why the hell are you here?"

"I thought that would be obvious. You put my brother in jail and now you're going to get him out for me!"

"Your brother is going to spend the rest of his life behind bars where he belongs!" Larabee snarled as he stood up.

"My brother did nothing..."

"Your brother is a murdering bastard who beat his wi..." Larabee was not ready for the blow from the beefy fist. Unable to use his hands to stop himself from falling Chris landed hard against the edge of his desk. The ribs along his right side took the brunt of the blow and the force of it drove the air from his lungs, but he refused to go down.

"Don't you ever..."

"What's the matter?" Larabee asked, smiling as blood dripped from the corner of his mouth, "Truth hurts doesn't it?"

"Why you bastard!" Clawson cursed as he reached for the blond's shirt, but was surprised as Chris struck out with his left foot and caught him in the gut. The force drove him across the room at the same time the door opened.

"Michael..."

"Get out!" Clawson warned Vasquez and heard the door close as he climbed to his feet and once more faced The Firm's leader. "Not bad, but I don't have time for games right now! There are several things we must deal with first! Sit down!"

"Fuck you!"

"Well, no, that's not what I had in mind, but we'll talk about it shortly. First, you're going to place a call to your boss!"

"And if I refuse?"

"I don't think you'll like the consequences," Clawson said as he sat in Larabee's chair once more and waited for his nemesis to sit in the chair opposite him. "You will call Orrin Travis and explain the situation to him, then you will give him my demands. To refuse means that one of your associates ends up on the wrong side of a bullet. Do I make myself clear?"

"Perfectly...I can't make the call with my hands behind my back!"

"Well, I'm sure you have his number keyed in and oh, yes, here it is. Now, I'll make the call and you'll do the talking...but you only tell him what's necessary."

"All right," Larabee reluctantly agreed as he shifted in the chair. He watched as Clawson pressed the button and lifted the receiver. Not wanting the man any closer than he was, Chris nodded to the phone. "You just have to hit speaker--"

"No, I think I'd rather hold it for you," Clawson said with a leering smile. He walked around the desk and stood behind Larabee before placing the receiver to his ear.

"Peggy, is Orrin in?" Larabee tensed up as he felt Clawson's body press up against his back. He tried to move away, but was stopped by the desk in front of him.

"He's on a conference call right now, Chris, can I get him to call you back?"

"No, I need to talk to him right now, Peggy."

"He asked me not to interrupt him..."

"I know and I'm sorry, but there's no choice. I'll take the flak for it. Put me through!" Chris felt the other man's breath against his ear and trembled in disgust as the man whispered.

"Your voice is damn sexy. Ever thought of becoming a phone sex..."

"Bastard!" Larabee spat and again tried to move away.

"Chris, this better be damned important!"

"Orrin, listen we have a problem..."

"It better be a big problem...I was on a conference call..."

"I know," Larabee said, hating the feel of Clawson rubbing against his back.

"A lot of things are riding on..."

"Orrin, just shut up and listen! Clawson's brother has taken control of the office!"

"What?"

"Hurry up, Larabee!" Michael warned.

"Who was that?"

"Orrin, listen! There are approximately a dozen men..." Chris groaned as the man behind him struck him in the ribs and grabbed the receiver.

"Travis, this is Michael Clawson and I have control of your Firm agency. I'm not going to bother telling you not to call the police because I know you probably already have your secretary calling them and that's fine, but eventually we'll need the FBI involved."

"What the hell do you want?"

"I want my brother freed from prison and I want transportation to the airport! Oh, and I'd really like a pizza preferably with double cheese, but I believe I've locked everyone out for the duration so I'll have to forgive you that!"

"Who is your brother?"

"Surely you haven't forgotten already? Larabee here..." he pressed down on Chris' shoulder holding him in place as he spoke to Travis. "Lied and made sure he went to prison. His name is Jonathan Richard Clawson and I want him out now!"

"It'll take time. I need to find out..."

"You have exactly two hours..."

"Two hours! I can't..."

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice! Now the stairwell doors are sealed shut and the elevator controls have been disabled so there is no way for you to gain entrance to this floor. I will call you in exactly two hours and if you can't give me the answer I want to hear you better make sure there is someone there who will!"




Orrin Travis stared at the phone on his desk as the line went dead in his hands. Clawson's brother was holding his team hostage several floors be low him and there'd been no sign of trouble and no call from security. He pressed the button and waited for Peggy Martin to answer his call.

"Yes, Mr. Travis?"

"Peggy, get Robert Miller on the phone and then check with security to see what the hells happening down there!"


"Yes, Sir...Captain Miller is on line three!"

"Bob, we've got trouble!"

"What's wrong Orrin?"

"You need to get squad cars here right away and call SWAT! A man named Michael Clawson has taken over The Firm's offices and is holding Chris and his men hostage."

"What? When?"

"I don't have time to explain, Bob. All I can tell you is he says the elevators have been disabled and the stairwell doors are sealed. Just get your men over here!"

"I'm on my way, Orrin!"

Travis looked up as Peggy Martin entered his office. "There's no answer from security, Mr. Travis, so I called Selma in the cashiers' office. She's going to take a look and see if Tom's..."

"Tom...damn I should have checked his story."

"Pardon me?"

"When I came back from lunch there was a new security guard at the desk. He said Tom was called away on an emergency...I should have known better!"

"It's not your fault, Mr. Travis, we've had security guard changes before."

"I know...damn it's just...this is my building and I should have checked the man's story! Now they have Chris and the others and I can't do a damn thing about it!"

"How much do they want?"

"That's just it, Peggy. If it was money I could pay whatever the sonofabitch wants, but he doesn't want money. He wants his brother out of prison and I've got two hours to make that happen. Get me John Styles..."

"The FBI agent?"


"Yes, get him on the line and tell him I want him to get his ass over here. He owes me more than one favor and maybe I can collect today!"

"Yes, Sir," Peggy said and hurried out of the office.




Larabee's team sat in the corner of the office, silently cursing the armed men and women guarding them. Several times they'd heard the sound of a scuffle mingled with rancid cursing erupt from Larabee's main office, but there was nothing they could do to help their friend.

Buck lifted his head to see a pair of ice blue eyes staring at him from the familiar face of the Texan. He knew what was on the other man's mind and knew it was on all of theirs. Since Jake Taylor's ominous warning they'd been chilled and terrified of what was happening behind closed doors.

"Buck." The whispered word came from the youngest member of the team and Wilmington turn to face him.

"What, JD?"

"Do you think...I mean...well you know...would he..."

"Listen, Kid, don't even go there. You can be damn sure if that bastard tried anything Chris would tear his head off and shove it up his ass!"

"But..."

"JD, Son, let it go for now," Sanchez warned and shifted his legs to find a comfortable spot. A soft moan escaped from the gambler as he tried to open his eyes.

"Ezra, can you hear me?" Jackson whispered.

"Is it necessary to shout, Mr. Jackson?" Standish blustered as full awareness returned and with it the onset of a concussed skull.

"Sorry, this better?"

"No, but I have resigned myself to screaming voices and pounding drums."

"Sounds like Ezra's gonna be fine," Tanner quipped as the conman turned a weak glare in his direction.

"I'm glad you think so, Mr. Tanner, because right now I beg to differ. What hit me?"

"You were pistol-whipped, Ezra," Dunne explained as the gambler's eyes closed once more.

"Is he going to be all right, Nate?" Wilmington asked.

"Hard to say. He's showing signs of a concussion..."

"Would you ladies kindly quit yackin' like a hen that's lost her chicks," Atwater said as he poured himself a cup of coffee. "Ain't heard such chatter since they took Foghorn Leghorn off the air. Now kindly shut up or I'll go see if I can find some damn duct tape!"




Michael Clawson slammed the phone back on the cradle and turned to face the man seated in the chair. A bruise was rapidly forming on the blond's right cheek and his lip was also swollen. He also knew Larabee's ribs had been dealt quite a blow when he landed against the desk, but the man was far from beaten. The sea green eyes were filled with a promise of deadly consequences for Clawson's actions, but instead of making him fear Larabee it served as a source of desire and he moved to sit on the edge of the big desk. He stared at his captive, delighting in the way the man steadfastly refused to bow down to his will.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" Clawson asked and ran his fingers along the edge of Larabee's jaw.

"Don't touch me!"

"Oh, I plan on doing more than touch you, Chris. I plan on loving you before this is all over."

"I'll kill you first!"

"An idle threat from where I'm sitting. Oh I know you'll fight me, but that just adds to the excitement, but I will have you and you will be somewhat cooperative. Now, I believe I will give you one hour to think about my proposal."

"Don't need an hour! The answer is no, you fucking lunatic!" Larabee growled as Clawson used his strong fingers to clasp his jaw.

"Well, I guess there's no point in waiting the hour. I'll just have a talk with that young dark haired man. What's his name again? JD...yes, that's it. JD Dunne."

Chris came out of the chair and threw himself at his nemesis. Again the door opened and this time Clawson did not tell the other man to leave.

"Get this sonofabitch off me!"

"You touch him and I'll kill you!" Larabee ground out as he pressed his knee into the man's throat.

"You heard him, Larabee!" Stephens warned as he pressed his gun against the blond's temple. "Get up!"

"Go to hell!"

Stephens drew back the gun and brought it forward into Larabee's ribs and heard the man curse as he dropped to the floor. He helped Clawson stand up and moved back as his boss stood over The Firm's leader. He knew Clawson was gay and that the man preferred men of Larabee's stature and coloring and he felt sorry for the prone man.

"I will give you one hour to think about my offer, Larabee, and if you don't comply with my demand then I will bring young JD in here. He's not exactly my type, but I believe he is an adequate price for your cooperation! Take him back to his men!"

"You heard him, Larabee! On your feet!" Stephens ordered and watched as the blond rolled over and climbed unsteadily to his feet.




The seven men seated in the outer office looked up as the door opened and a battered Chris Larabee stumbled through. Chris knew the others were watching him as he made his way towards them and sat down beside Ezra.

"How is he, Nathan?"

"Concussion and he probably needs stitches," Jackson explained as he eyed the blond.

"Are you all right, Cowboy?" Tanner asked.

"Yeah, bastard just has a heavy hand and I just forgot to duck," Larabee winced as he shifted and groaned as the movement sent sharp stabbing pain through his side.

"Chris?"

"I'm okay, Nathan, just a bruise," the blond assured him.

"That prick can be real mean, Chris," Taylor said.

"No shit!" Larabee answered and leaned wearily against the wall.

"So what does he want?" Wilmington asked.

"The usual...get his brother out of jail and transportation to the airport."

"Jesus, don't these assholes ever learn?" the ladies' man asked.

"Not fuckin' likely," Tanner spat.

"So, who are you?" Vasquez asked, as she looked at the older man seated with Larabee and his men.

"Jake Taylor."

"He's a friend," Larabee answered.

"Yeah, well, I guess you picked the wrong time for a social call."

"Maria?"

"Yeah?" the woman answered the voice from the office.

"Bring Jake Taylor in here. I think we need to have a chat."

"You heard him, Jake. On your feet!" the woman ordered and pointed her pistol towards the open office door.

Chris nodded slightly as Taylor stood up and then leaned heavily against he wall behind him. He closed his eyes and let his mind drift back over the events of the last hour. His men had been caught unawares, but there was no shame in it. Clawson had researched them and the building's security; otherwise there would have been no way they could have gotten in so easily. The safety of his friends was first and foremost on his mind as he opened his eyes and turned his gaze towards JD Dunne. The kid still had the youthful innocence that often made him seem naïve, but Chris knew better than that. Since the first day the Bostonian had come to work for him, he'd proved beyond a doubt that he was a man with the same ability and trust as the rest of the team. JD had filled a place in the team that none other could have and Chris knew in his heart that he could not let the youth be hurt in any way.

"Chris, are ya sure yer all right?"

"I'm fine, Vin, just thinking."

"Any idea how we get out of this?"

"Not yet, but I'm open to suggestions. How many are there?"

"I've counted seven men and three women not counting the bastard in your office," the tracker answered.

"Vin, did you replace that gun in your little hideaway?" Larabee asked.

"Yeah, taped it behind the toilet and I'm pretty sure Ezra still has that spring loaded gizmo fixed ta the bottom of his desk."

"Good, if any of you get the chance to grab one do it, but for God's sake don't get caught!" the blond warned and grew quiet as a woman turned to face them. Again he felt his mind drifting back over the ultimatum Clawson had given him. He could not sit still and allow the man to rape him, which put him in a tight spot as he looked at JD again. No matter what happened he would not allow Clawson to rob JD of the innocence he still possessed. Resigned to his decision, Chris closed his eyes and prepared himself for the inner battle with his own conscience. He would fight Clawson, but the man expected that, so Chris knew he could rob the man of that satisfaction by not protesting, but he was a male, an alpha male and as such would not give himself willingly. He felt both Tanner and Wilmington staring at him, but he couldn't face them because he knew those two men could sense his own inner turmoil.




Orrin had raced down the stairs and had checked the door to the tenth floor as the building was being evacuated, but the door was indeed sealed shut. Cursing he continued his downward flight until he exited the building in time to see several officers directing the men and women away from the structure. He recognized several officers, and was about to move towards them, but was diverted as a black and white pulled in beside him and Robert Miller exited the car.

"Orrin, has there been any more contact with them?" Miller asked.

"No, nothing. Clawson said he was giving me two hours to get someone out here with the authority to get his brother out of prison."

"Well, we both know that's not going to happen! Has the FBI arrived yet?"

"I don't know I just got here, but I think your SWAT team has arrived!" Travis said as two black vans pulled to a stop in front of the building and a man dressed in full tactical gear hurried towards them.

"Robert, is there anything new?" Samuel Donaldson asked.

"All we know so far is that there are at least ten to twelve men and they've taken control of the tenth floor. They told Orrin the elevator has been disabled and the doors to the tenth floor are sealed..."

"I tested the one on the south side of the building and it has been sealed. The elevators wouldn't come when I pushed the buttons either," Travis explained.

"Any idea how many hostages?" Donaldson asked.

"I believe Chris' team were all back from lunch, that means at least seven," the former judge explained.

"The Firm's offices are located on the south side of the building," Miller explained.

"Are there any other tenants on the tenth floor?" the SWAT commander asked.

"The other offices are being renovated and have been shut down for the last two weeks," Travis assured him.

"What about the workers doing the renovations?" Donaldson inquired.

"The renovations were being done at night because the other tenants complained about the noise," the older man told them as he glanced towards the tenth floor.

"We caught a break there," Donaldson said and turned back to Miller. "My men are going to set up in the building across from this one. We'll be able to see what's happening and I'm also going to commandeer the ninth and eleventh floor. Bob, make sure everyone's clear of the building."

"My men are doing that now."

"Any idea if there are explosives involved?"

"Clawson never mentioned any, but I'd go on the assumption that there is," Travis explained.

"We always do, Mr. Travis. Bob, keep me informed if you get any new information."

"I will, Sam," Miller said and watched the other man leave to coordinate rescue attempts with his team. "Orrin, we're going to need to make a call to Chris."

"I know," Travis said and moved to the communications van that had been set up next to Miller's car.




Jake moved into the office and stood looking down at the man behind Larabee's desk. He knew the man was dangerous...reminding him of a cat with claws extended over the throat of its helpless victim. He watched as the big man leaned back in the chair and clasped his hands behind his head.

"Well, Jake, I must say I was surprised to see you here. How have you been?"

"You're still the lowlife scum I arrested, Clawson."

"I'd watch what you say, Jake! See, the way I look at it is that you and I have some unfinished business and I seem to finally have the upper hand here!"

"The operative word here is seem, Clawson. Appearances can be very deceiving and you really have no idea who you're dealing with!"

"Oh, I think I do. These men are all cop wanna-bees and they're not very good at that!"

"Oh I don't know about that! Seems to me they put your brother away for a hell of a long time," Jake said, smiling at his long time enemy.

"That may be, but my brother will be out very soon."

"I wouldn't count on it, but I believe you'll probably be seeing him very soon...only this time you won't be leaving either!"

"You bastard..." Clawson said and stood up just as the phone began to ring. "Barry, get in here and take this bastard back to his friends!"

"Big man with a little mind!" Taylor said and turned to walk out of the office.

"What?" Clawson snarled into the phone.

"Clawson, it's Orrin Travis!"

"I told you I'd call you back in two hours! You still have an hour and fifteen minutes. So I'm assuming that you're in the process of evacuating the building and the police are setting up one of their official lines so people will not cross."

"You seem to know a lot about police procedure..."

"I pride myself in knowing my adversaries. Now, have the FBI arrived yet, because if they haven't I am hanging up now and will reserve my demands until they arrive."

"The FBI are not here yet!"

"Well, there's nothing else for us to say!" Clawson said and walked to the window. "Keep this line clear since I am assuming this is a direct line to the police van parked below this window and I'll call back when the FBI arrive."

"Michael."

"Yes, Maria," Clawson answered.

"I think we need to shut the blinds..."

"Very well. Take care of the ones out there and I'll look after these! Oh, escort Larabee back in here!"

"Sure," Vasquez agreed, a knowing grin on her face as she turned and walked out of the office once more.




Chris continued to keep his eyes closed, his stomach churning as he thought about Clawson and what he wanted. He still wasn't sure he could do it even if it meant JD taking his place. He was being truthful with himself and knew the big man could easily manipulate him because of the cuffs around his wrists. He'd heard Taylor returning, but hadn't bothered to look at him as the former police officer's words echoed through his mind.

Sexual assault...he's got a preference for blond haired, green eyed men... sexual assault...sexual assault...sexual assault...green eyed men...green eyed men... Chris swallowed the mounting bile and opened his eyes as a rifle was jabbed into his chest.

"Michael wants to see you, Chris!"

"Tell him to take a fucking number!"

"On your feet," Vasquez ordered and turned the weapon to the ladies' man seated to Larabee's left.

"Don't!" Larabee snarled.

"On your feet now...I won't say it a third time!"

Chris shifted until he was able to climb to his feet and walked unsteadily towards his office. Fear sliced through his mind, but he knew there was no shame in being afraid of what was coming. He knew enough gay men not to want to argue their rights for same sex marriages or anything else, but that lifestyle was not for him.

"Come in, Chris. Maria, close the door behind you and do not disturb us."

"Sure, Michael," the woman said and closed the door as Larabee moved further into the room.

"Have you thought about my proposal?"

"That wasn't a proposal, Clawson--"

"Yes it was. It's your ass or the kid's...no matter how you slice it the decision is yours."

Chris was quiet as he fought the urge to walk away from this, to let this man take his primal urges out on the younger man. Who would know that it was his choice? Why couldn't he just turn his back on Clawson and save himself from the humiliation of being taken by another man? For several long agonizing moments, Chris Larabee saw a truth he really didn't like. He seriously contemplated letting the young easterner take his place, and for that Chris cursed himself and everyone around him. Taking a deep breath he faced his nemesis once more.

"JD is not a kid...he's a man!"

"Very well, but he's a young man. Could you sit here and watch me love him?"

"It's not love, Clawson...it's rape--"

"Not if you enjoy it--"

"I won't...wouldn't," Larabee corrected softly.

"I've had men say that before, Chris, but they have changed their minds after they've been with me. Let me love--"

"Rape--"

"--you and maybe you'll even want to come with me and Jonathan when we leave the country."

"You're not going to get out of the country, Clawson, I'll make damn sure of that!"

"Will you?"

"Bet on it!" Larabee assured him.

"That remains to be seen, but right now there's a more pressing need...mine! Right now I need an answer! You or the kid?"

"Me, you miserable bastard, but so help me God, you'll fucking pay for this!"





Vin Tanner was like a coiled snake ready to strike, but there was nothing he could do except wait. He glanced at Wilmington and the others and knew they were all worried about Chris Larabee. Whatever was taking place in the other office none of them were privy to it...and wouldn't be until their leader was returned to them. He looked at the six people who held the upper hand and knew when the time came they would regret taking control of this particular office. He'd see to that no matter what happened. His instincts told him Larabee was cutting himself off, toning down the connection they so often shared and Vin knew whatever was happening, the blond was going to need their help and support.

I'm here, Cowboy, just hang on to me! he sent across the gossamer strands he often felt.




Chris swallowed again and again as he faced his would be rapist. He knew he had little choice, but it did nothing to curtail his anger and disgust at what he was being forced to do. He could feel a quicksilver ripple across the strange connection he had with Vin Tanner, but did not reach out for it, instead he tuned it out and glared angrily as Clawson stood and walked towards him. He flinched as the man's hand landed on his shoulder.

"Now where shall we do this? How about the couch?"

"Shut up, Clawson! Get this over with now, you sonofabitch!"

"Certainly, but first I must remove your clothing, although I do enjoy the way those jeans show that perfect..."

"I don't need your fucking commentary!" Larabee snarled.

"Oh, but commentary is a wonderful way to explore each other..."

"Look, just get this over with before--"

"Before what? You change your mind. Well as much as I prefer a man of your style and stature I would not be too disappointed to take your young friend."

"You touch JD and I'll cut off your dick and shove it down your fucking throat."

"Oh, Chris, such viciousness before our lovemaking is uncouth. I would prefer we converse in a more civilized tongue as it would certainly make it more pleasurable."

"Get this through your thick skull, Clawson...no matter how you say it, this is still rape!"

"Perhaps I will show you how wrong you are, Chris." Clawson stood before the irate man and reached out to open the buttons on Larabee's shirt. "Oh, so well muscled. How often do you work out?"

Chris closed his eyes and ground his teeth together as Clawson's tone became soothing and lustful. He wasn't going to answer the man's questions anymore and tried to blacken his own heart to what was happening to him. Never before in his life had he felt so helpless...so alone...so angered at what was being forced upon him. He remembered Barry Whelan and the torture he'd endured at the madman's hands, but it was nothing compared to the violation this man planned for him.

"Oh, I love the silent treatment. It's such a delicious way to get to know a man's most intimate desires...his deepest thoughts." Clawson reached for the belt buckle, undid it and slowly pulled the belt from the pants as he stared into the coldest green eyes he'd ever seen. The blond was filled with fear, but it wasn't of him, it was of the act that they were about to complete. He deliberately spent a long time opening the button and pulling down the zipper and was amazed at how this simple act gave him dominance over Chris Larabee. Oh, he understood that it was temporary and that his victim was only cooperating because he didn't want to see JD Dunne in this position, but it was still power...his power and he could do what he wanted with it.

Chris felt the man's hands on his hips and suddenly the jeans were pulled down over his buttocks and dropped to the floor. A chill raced down his spine that had nothing to do with the cool air from the air conditioning, but he reached for the horror fogging his mind in hopes of making it through this violation. Clawson's voice was the only sound in the room and Chris drew in a ragged breath as his body craved the oxygen he'd been denying it since Clawson touched his belt buckle. His body was rigidly tense as he tried to distance himself from what was about to happen, but no matter how hard he tried he could not drown out the nearly hypnotic voice.

"With a body like this you really should be wearing silk underwear, the kind that molds to the body and leaves nothing to the imagination. These CKs are very nice, but they are not what I would choose for you. Now, I must say I am thoroughly enjoying this unveiling...your body is worthy of the finest sculpture. Forever immortalized in stone."

Chris felt the man removing his clothing and lifted his legs automatically as the man removed his shoes, socks, and finally the jeans and underwear. He stood helpless in front of a man who wanted to rape him and he was standing there taking it without a fight. His inner conscience screamed for him to move...to stop what was about to happen. His mind flashed on the smiling face of the youngest member of his team and Chris knew he would never be able to live with himself if Dunne was forced to take his place.

"All right, Chris, come over to the couch. Come on now, you're the one who wanted to finish this."

"No..."

"Would you rather have some foreplay?"

"No...no, I don't want this."

"But I do and we both know I am going to get what I want, don't we?"

"No...no..." It became his mantra as Clawson led him towards the couch.

"Well, I was hoping for at least a modicum of resistance, Chris, but I guess I can be happy with making love to a willing recipient." Clawson quickly opened his zipper and pulled his hardened member from the constraints of his own pants. He quickly settled Larabee's body against the back of the couch and smiled as the man gave only a token resistance.

Chris heard the man's voice and tried to shake himself out of the damning stupor he'd been sinking into since the first touch of the cold fingers against his skin. The sound of a wrapper being opened sent him deeper as shock and dread warred with his will to fight. He could still hear the voice, but no longer did the words make sense as he tried to cut himself off from the horrifying reality that he was going to let someone rape him.

You're doing this for JD. For JD, just keep thinking about that! For JD...God it's for JD!

Clawson slipped the condom over his cock and smiled as he heard the softly whispered negative from the man bent forward over the couch. He'd wanted this since the first day he'd laid eyes on Chris Larabee in the courtroom and now he was about to take him. He reached for the small tube of lubricant he always carried and spread a generous amount on his finger. He knew he could fuck this man by just ramming his cock into the unwilling ass, but he wanted to truly possess him. To make him realize that another man could easily manipulate his body...and that there were secrets that could never be told.

"Chris, I know you can hear me and I want you to know I won't hurt you. I'm going to open you up and make it easier for you when I take you. Just relax and go with the feelings," Clawson whispered raggedly against Larabee's left ear. He ran his fingers along the man's crack and gently pried the cheeks apart. There was still a small amount of life left in the blond, but Clawson was beginning to realize Chris Larabee was trying to ignore and therefore deny what was about to happen. Shock, he thought and knew what he was about to do would revive his victim and he needed to be ready when Larabee bucked and buck he would. Smiling in wistful contemplation, Michael Clawson began his possession of Chris Larabee's body. Using his right hand he pressed down on the taut back and pressed his finger against the tight muscles.

Chris gasped as the tight muscle was breached and cried out as his rapist pressed deeper into his body. The hand placed between his shoulder blades kept him partially immobilized, but he tried to escape the pain twisting up through his gut.

"Ah, so you've decided to join the party, Chris. I must say I do like a little life in my sexual partner of choice. Not too hard now or I might tear you and we really don't want that to happen. Now try to relax...so tight...so hot."

"NO!"

"Yes," Clawson said as he added a second finger and began the process of opening and relaxing Larabee's muscles before pressing in with his cock.

"I can't do this!" Larabee cried, but his voice was no more than a ragged whisper as he realized his friends were in the outer office and would know what was happening if he screamed the way his body and mind demanded.

"Yes, you can and I want you to fight me, Chris. I know you feel like screaming right now, but do you really want your friends to know what we're doing?"

"You're g...going to r...rape me, you fucking bastard!"

"Yes, but they don't need to know. I will allow you to get dressed and take care of any business you need to when I've completed making love to you. There, I believe you're ready."

"No! God no...don't!" Chris bit his bottom lip and tasted blood as something hard and thick was pressed up against his unwilling ass. He fought the bigger man's hold but a fist to the side of his head sent shooting stars through his skull. He gasped as Clawson shifted his weight and pressed in deeper, hitting the sensitive gland that men the world over possessed. He felt a strong hand reach under him and grasp his cock and cried out as his own body betrayed him and reacted to the intimate touch of another man. He felt hot bitter tears in his eyes as the man took him in more ways than one.

"Oh, Chris, you're so damn hot I think we might spontaneously combust! Can you feel it? Your balls must be ready to burst! I know mine are. I think this is...no I know this is the best fuck I've had in a long time...perhaps ever."

Chris fought the feelings that were sending heat waves through his body and cursed himself for the final act of betrayal as his cock began to swell in Clawson's hand. He tried to buck the bigger man off, but with his arms cuffed behind his back, there was little leverage for him to use. He felt the cock removed to the tip and then slowly pressed inside him once more. His rapist had found a rhythm and was slowly working them both towards completion. A completion Chris didn't want, desperately didn't want. Chris refused to believe anything but rape even as he felt his own cock spurting semen over Clawson's hand.

"Oh, Chris, I knew this would be good and it is...sweeter than wine. Feel it like I do! Oh, God, I c...can't..."

Chris felt the other man begin moving swiftly in and out of his own body and knew the final act of his rape would be Clawson's grunting voice in his ear.

"I own you, Chris. You'll never be able to make love without thinking of me. Whether it's with a woman or another man you'll always see my face. Always hear my voice and never will you be free of me...Oh shit, here it comes, Chris! Breathe with me!"

Chris felt the heated thrusts and the burning pain around his anus as Clawson robbed him of his ability to breathe. His heart pounded against his ribs and he fought to take in enough air, but Clawson's weight was now entirely pressed against him as the big man's whispered cries of ecstasy rang in his ears. Again he felt the bitter tears streaming down his cheeks as he felt Clawson's cock slip from his body.

"That's one tight sweet ass you have there, Chris, perhaps someday you'll allow me the pleasure of using it again," Clawson said and noticed the gold band encircling Larabee's ring finger on his left hand. Without a word he removed it from the shaking body and moved back.

Chris slid to the floor as Clawson's support was removed and his legs refused to hold him. He sat, leaning heavily against the couch and stared at his rapist as he tried to deny what had just happened. He'd been raped, but he'd also come. How could it be rape if he'd taken pleasure in the act? He'd been to many clinics and knew guilt and denial was a big part of how the victim felt, but was he really a victim? He watched as Clawson removed the condom, knotted it and threw it in the wastebasket. He knew there was something he had to do, but for the life of him he could not remember what it was. He frowned as Clawson tucked his shirt back into his pants and zipped them up.

"Chris, I'm beginning to think maybe you want another round..."

"No," the blond whispered weakly.

"Then get your clothes and put them on or would you rather I did that for you?"

"Touch me again and I'll fucking kill you!" the blond warned but hardly recognized his own voice.

"You are a temptation to me, Chris, and well, I just don't know if I can resist you sitting there like that. Perhaps next time I'll let you use those lips on me."

"Never!" Larabee warned and fought the lethargy that was creeping into his bones. He knew he had to get dressed, had to find a way to ignore what had just happened, but his limbs refused to move. Finally taking a deep breath, Chris began to laugh, an almost hysterical sound as he looked at himself.

"Is something funny?" Clawson asked and smiled as he realized the dilemma. "Well, Chris, I guess I'll be the one dressing you after all."