PHOENIX
Michael Biehn Archive


Choose skin:

RSS

The characters belong to various production/film/TV companies. No profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
- Text Size +
Many thanks to Diana, who reminded me about the phone - and Judy, who had to know where Chris was...hope you like what I did! Dick Van Dyke show reruns are too fun...and my sincerest apologies to Laura Petrie ;)




Vin just drifted off to a much-needed sleep when his room phone rang. His one now open eye peered blearily at the green readout on the clock and he blinked.

12:48 a.m.

"This had best be good," he hissed into the receiver.

"I, uh--Chris there by any chance?"

Buck.

"Nah. Ain't here. Don't think he's got back yet."

"Oh." A long pause, and Vin started to hang up, then: "Vin? I, uh, need your help if ya got a minute. Please."

It was the please that got him. Buck Wilmington actually saying please...to him.

Vin sighed. He was really tired, having just fallen into bed no more than half an hour before, but still, Buck had said please after all. "Whatcha need, Buck?"

"Uh...just come here, will ya? Oh, and Vin?"

"Yeah?"

"You got tools in your Jeep, right?"




Buck was freezing.

He checked the time on his cell phone, still utterly grateful to have found he'd left it in his pants' pocket because otherwise... Well, he really didn't want to think on the otherwise.

What the hell was taking Tanner so long?

Damn man probably ran into Chris 'n' now neither one of 'em 'd be seen for hours.

Days.

Weeks, even.

God, he envied them sometimes.

But not now. Now, he was freezing.

He checked the time read-out once again.

What the hell was taking Tanner so long, anyway?




Vin knocked lightly at the door. It was late and he didn't want to risk waking anyone else in the place.

No answer.

He knocked again. Still no answer.

He turned the knob and the door opened. The old hotel still had turn-key locks and Buck had left his unlocked. He pushed the door slightly ajar and poked his head inside the dark room.

A shiver ran its way down his spine.

"Buck?"




Buck could hear Vin knocking. Knocking.

Still knocking.

For God's sake, why the hell didn't he just come on in? Didn't he know he was going to wake the whole hotel!

He shifted a bit, the movement doing nothing to alleviate the cramping, though better to focus on that pain than the one of his heart racing its own version of the Kentucky Derby inside his chest.

Just the thought of Vin's reaction, though...How awkward this initial sight was sure to be... He more than dreaded the moment when Vin walked through the door.

With a heavy sigh, he called out toward the room.

"Vin?"




Vin stood in the dark, empty room. Where the hell was Buck?

Goddamnit if this was some sort of fuckin' pratical joke on Buck's part, anyway. The man knew how tired Vin was after the day they'd had.

"Buck?" he called softly, irritation present in his voice and he was half ready to leave.

From behind the closed bathroom door came a small voice.

"Vin?"




Buck shifted the hand towel he'd grabbed to try and impart even the tiniest bit of warmth, pulling it tighter and shivering anyway.

Vin was turning the doorknob, about to enter, and so he braced himself for the reaction to come.

"Buck?" Vin called tentatively, pushing gently against the door. The bathroom interior was somewhat more illuminated than the darkened outer room, though the lights inside clearly weren't on. "Buck? You in here?"

"Yeah. C'mon in."

Vin heard the man and pushed open the door a bit more, but it took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the odd light in the small room. A double-wicked candle burned on the marble countertop, its flames reflecting brightly in the gold framed mirror.

He shifted forward, stopping just inside the door, completely suspicious now, and not seeing hide nor hair of Buck. "Where?" he asked, at the same time taking another tentative step into the space.

Buck watched Vin come around the corner, and normally he'd have allowed himself a good, long once over at Vin's less than dressed dress -- an undone, oversized, blue plaid flannel shirt and rather loose, ripped, Dallas Cowboy print drawstring pants that were riding low on his hips.

Real low.

Okay, so maybe he'd allow himself that once over -- but brief, though. There was a job to be done.

He watched Vin's eyes round to saucers as he found him on the other side of the half wall.

"Hey," Buck called out and raised a hand in greeting.

Vin wasn't sure what he was seeing. Wasn't sure just what exactly was going on here, though he knew he didn't want to venture into the room any further, not, at least, without some sort of explanation.

Part of him wanted to run away...a big part -- Buck known for his sometimes not-so-funny practical jokes and Vin the recipient way too many times to become too over-trusting now. The hair on the back of his neck was rising even now.

But, another part, the curious as all get out part, wanted to know what the hell this was all about.

And Buck had said please.

He inched further in, keeping his back tightly pressed to the wall, then leaned against the short partition that hid the bathtub, peering slowly around it to find out just what Buck was up to back there.

And then he saw the entire bathtub....

And in it he saw Buck.

A completely naked -- well, mostly naked except for a tiny white towel draped oddly over his shoulder, and another covering a part of his lower leg not submerged in water -- Buck Wilmington....

Wearing not much more than a sheepish grin.

"Buck." Vin tried to sound casual as he leveled his gaze, crossed his arms, and leaned against the wall.

"Vin," Buck replied, hoping to look casual as he stared back up at the obviously wary sharpshooter. He couldn't blame Vin for the skepticism. He would be wary himself were the roles reversed. He tried a reassuring smile.

Vin waited for more, his eyes staring at Buck's face, not daring to drift anywhere else, and what the hell was that smile supposed to mean? He drew his shirt closed, suddenly feeling more than just a chill.

"Bring those tools like I asked, did ya, Vin?"

Vin nodded and held up the small case in his hand. "Got 'em right here," he said, setting the case down on the floor and pointing to the bath. "You ask me to join ya in there an' I'm gonna shove ever' one of 'em down your throat." He let go a tight grin.

"No, no, Vin. Nothin' like that."

"Uh-huh. Then how 'bout you tell me just what this is all about?"

Buck paused for a moment, then laughed on an exhale. "Well, it's the funniest thing, really..." he began and pulled at the towel draping his leg. He shivered against the back of the now cold ceramic tub and waited.

Vin just stared. Not in a million years had he expected this...not this. For a moment he couldn't make a sound...Until he started to laugh, and then couldn't stop.

Buck winced. He knew Vin would find this amusing...find this hilarious, actually. Knew he'd smirk, but still, the peals of uproarious laughter now echoing around the small room were putting him a bit on edge.

"Vin," he said with annoyance, "take a breath."

Vin was nodding, trying to stop and not having much success.

"Ain't all that funny," Buck scowled.

Vin shook his head, wiping away the tears from his eyes. "Are you kiddin' me? This is fuckin' classic!" He turned back toward the door. "I gotta find me a camera!"

"Vin!" Buck shouted, panicked. "Please!"

Damn, that please again.

He nodded, and turned back into the room, trying hard not to bust a gut as he looked down at Buck. He was close to losing it again as he took in the sight of Buck's scowl. "Got yourself in quite a tight jam, there, don'tcha, Bucklin?"

Buck groaned. Why oh why hadn't Chris been in his room when he'd called? "If you could just help me out here, Junior? Vin?"

Vin knelt by the tub. "Well, whatcha want me t' do, wash your back?" He howled again then cut his laugh short at the sight of the dagger eyes turned on him. With a sigh, he surveyed the problem. It was an old-fashioned style ball and claw footed bath that based a cream colored tub with high built sides. And filling it was a shivering Buck Wilmington. "Shit, Buck. Who the hell takes a bath in a hotel, anyways?"

Buck sent him a glare. "Apparently, I do."

Vin laughed again. "Apparently, you do!" His eyes swept over the candle on the countertop, and then over the sweet smelling bathwater. "Got a friend hiding down in there with ya?"

"Just...see what you can do, will you?" Buck snapped and readjusted the towel again. He really was getting colder, and more irritated, by the minute.

Vin was leaning over him to get a better look at the problem, the tail of his flannel shirt dipping into the tub. "Shirt's gettin' wet, Vin."

Vin glanced down to find water dripping from his shirttail. He slipped it off, then reached in and pulled the plug to drain the bath. "Letting the water out if that's okay with you? Don't want ya to lose your rubber ducky or nothin'."

"It's fine. Was gettin' pretty cold, anyway." And it was, Buck's flesh becoming quite clammy and covered with goosebumps. He shifted the towel further south and watched Vin wring his wet shirt into the bath.

Buck studied him. "You always dress like that for bed?"

"Whaddaya mean?" Vin picked up the shirt he'd dropped onto the floor. Other than it was half saturated from bathwater and could use a litte mending, maybe a wash, looked fine to him.

"Like you're about to work on your car or something. You know."

"No, I don't think I do. What're y' gettin' at here, Buck?" He was tempted to put the shirt back on, dripping hem or no, the way Buck was looking at him. And it was making him nervous...nervous and....

"Not gettin' at anything, Vin. Just talking." Buck nodded toward the other end of the bath. "So what do you think?"

Vin stared at the wall as he inspected the problem, gently pulling and then pushing. "Well..."

"Well?"

"Well...I'd say you were stuck."

Buck exhaled sharply. "Hell, I know that, Tanner. I wouldn't be sittin' here prunin' up like this and I sure as hell wouldn'ta called you in here, too, if I wasn't, now would I?"

Vin sat back on his haunches, hand braced for balance on one side of the tub as he unzipped the worn leather case. "Well, hell if I know. Would you?" he laughed again and turned to rummage through his tools.

Buck sat back, eyebrows raised. Now that was a most interesting comment.




He watched Vin pick up a pair of pliers, then decide against them. "Chris out late then, huh?"

Vin glanced at Buck then back to his toolcase. "Guess."

"He wasn't in his room. I called. Wasn't in your room, either."

"I ain't his keeper, Buck."

"I know, no need to snap at me, I didn't mean nothin' by it. Just figured those meetings 'd be over by now."

Vin shrugged. "Said Hannigan wanted t' take 'em all t' some dancin' bar after."

"Oh. Shoe show."

"Huh?"

Buck chuckled. "Shoe show. You know...where they parade around in nothing but...shoes."

Vin glowered. "I ain't talkin' about this, Buck."

"Okay. Okay. I was just makin' idle chit-chat is all."

"Well...don't."

Buck grinned. "Ooh, trouble in paradise?"

He'd been teasing Chris and Vin about their newly-found relationship for a few weeks, having caught them in the kitchen of Chris's ranch -- kissing -- brief though it was. Buck swore on the head of his first-born child (which Chris insisted most likely already existed even though Buck was adamant it most certainly did not) he wouldn't tell anyone and hadn't. But he couldn't stop from a few subtle, some not so subtle, remarks from time to time. The teasing irritated both men, Buck knew, but he just couldn't seem to stop.

They were so much fun to needle.

Vin sighed with exasperation as he inspected a screwdriver. "No trouble. Chris can do what he wants."

"And that's okay with you."

"I do what I want. He does what he wants. What 'xactly is it you're wantin' to know here, Buck?"

"Now Vin. Don't be getting' all hot 'n' bothered. I'm not tryin' to pry."

"Well, if y' just come out 'n' ask me, 'stead a makin' all kinda innuendo an' such, y' might get y' some answers."

"Okay. Fine. So. How are you and Chris gettin' along lately?"

"Fine."

"Just fine?"

Vin threw the screwdriver he rejected down into the case. "Yes. Fine." He wasn't sure just why he was so bothered by Buck's questions, bringing up Chris. It wasn't like Buck hadn't been giving both him and Chris a hard time about this thing between them. And usually it didn't bother Vin, though right now it was getting to him.

Maybe it was because he was aware of their past -- albeit very past -- history with each other. "More 'n' fine. Great." He gave Buck a pointed stare. "That okay with you?"

Buck held up his dripping hands. "Great, good. Glad t' hear it. I was just gonna offer up some sage advice from the master, me bein' a kinda 'love' expert an' all. But since you're fine..."

"Don't need advice, Buck. Like I said, me 'n' Chris is gettin' along just fine."

"Fine."

"Fine." Vin rummaged around his toolkit, picking up and discarding various things. He glanced up at Buck, looked down, then looked at Buck again. "Like...what?"

Buck held back a grin. "What? What would I tell ya, y'mean?" and then he did grin when Vin nodded. "Well, first off, it bein' so early in your relationship an' all, I'd maybe get myself something fancier, sexier, to wear around at night. Holes n 'dirt just ain't the thing, Vin."

"Fancier. Fancier like what?"

"Well, now, something in black, I think...Chris does like black, don't he...if you were a woman I'd say some nice black lingerie'd do just fine."

"Lingerie."

Buck smiled broadly. "Yeah."

Vin narrowed his eyes. "Oh, that'd go over, me standin' 'round in a black bra and such. I ain't wearin' no lingerie, Buck, you're outta your fuckin' mind."

"Yeahhh," Buck said softly, lost in thought, then looked up at Vin and raised his voice. "Oh hell, boy, I'm not telling you to go dress up in some ladies' underwear." He stared at the man's bare chest for a split second, then softer: " Least, I don't think I am."

Vin stared at Buck with a look of total confusion and shook his head. "Earth to Buck. 'Case y' ain't noticed, I ain't no woman."

"Oh, I've noticed, Vin." He suddenly got a flash from nowhere of Vin Tanner, sharpshooter extraordinaire, rolling around on a huge satin sheeted bed wearing nothing but a black lace bustier and garter belt.

He rubbed his temples. Lord, this cold water was making him delirious. He blinked up at Vin. "Just, y' might want to pitch the torn and worn look, Vin, an'--"

"Like paradin' around in just shoes, y, mean?"

Buck laughed. "I was gonna say maybe get yourself something a bit less...shaggy lookin'."

Vin nodded slowly. "Thank you for the fashion tip, Ezra Standish. Never mind the advice, Bucklin'. Like I said, me 'n' Chris is doin' fine."

"Fine. Fine. Okay. Well, if y' change your mind, I'm here. I know you know I've known Chris for a long time, Vin, and I know how he can get sometimes, so, if you ever need someone to--"

"Bucklin," Vin interrupted because he wasn't sure he wanted to go down this road, not right now, not with this man. Knowing Buck and Chris had been together years ago no matter how brief did nothing to encourage his desire to talk to the man about the subject. "Let's just work on you right now, 'kay?"

"Fine."

Vin bent back to rummaging through the tools, and Buck leaned back against the cold ceramic tub.

He couldn't leave it alone.

"Just wanna make sure you an' Chris are--"

"We're fine, Buck."

"Well, just in case you--"

"The sex is great."

"I wasn't askin' you to tell me--" He stopped at Vin's expression. Did that boy never believe anyone? "Well, there's more to life than sex now, son."

Vin smirked. "This, coming from you. I don't believe it."

Neither could Buck, but he had to make it sound like he wasn't about to make comment on Vin and Chris's sex life even though he was. "Excitement."

"Hunh?"

"Excitement. Surprise. Spontaneity. You need all these things to keep things fresh and fun."

"I'll keep that in mind," Vin said softly.

Buck grinned widely. "You'll thank me later!"

Vin turned back to stare at his tools, because suddenly in that tiny moment he was finding himself inexplicably and utterly drawn to that perfect wide smile and those dancing eyes, and since when had he found Buck to be so attractive, anyway?

Hell.

He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and faced the problem -- the other problem -- wrench in hand.

Back to business. "Guessin' I gotta just pry the fuckin' thing off the wall, then."

"Hell no you won't."

Vin stopped, arm mid-air as he looked over his shoulder at Buck's wide eyes. "You don't want t' get outta there?"

"It ain't that...but...hell, that thing's gotta cost several hundred dollars at least. I don't want to have to--"

"Several hundred dollars!" Vin stared at the old fashioned ornately carved copper fixture with newly-found disgust.

"Or more, probably. Guess you don't have any idea how much these things go for."

"Guess not. Last one I replaced in my apartment cost hardly nothin'."

Buck shifted. He was getting sorely uncomfortable. "Well this one ain't in your apartment, Junior. It's in some fancy hotel and I know how much these things cost, and I ain't gonna foot the bill for you yanking it off the wall and wrecking it."

Vin chuckled, repeating Buck's words. "Foot the bill."

"Ain't funny."

"Hell yeah it is." He leaned forward to get another look, bracing one arm on the bottom of the tub between Buck's legs as his eyes searched for a way to free the man. He was just thinking he ought go turn on the overhead light instead of working by candlelight when the lights suddenly did come on, and an all too familiar voice slid into the room.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Buck groaned and looked at Vin. "You called him?"

Vin was nodding. "Y' asked for Chris first and so I figured if you was in trouble an' lookin' for him, maybe I should try an' find him. Left him a message."

"Hell, Vin, I could've done that!"

"I thought you wanted Chris here?"

"Only if I couldn't get a hold of no one else! Wasn't like I was interested in an audience!"

Vin grinned. "Well, where's the excitement in that?"

Chris Larabee stood in the door to the small room and stared.

Bath. Candlelight. Buck. Vin.

He could just make out the back of his lover, the young man somehow leaning low across and into the bathtub...leaning over most of the lower part of a reclined Buck Wilmington.

"Vin said you needed help, Buck...that what you're doing there, Vin? Helping Buck? He giving you a helpful hand, there, Wilmington?"

Buck was shielding his eyes from the brighter light and trying not to smile. It was almost laughable, the jealous tones of Chris Larabee raining down on him.

Chris.

Oh, hell. Chris was here. Chris and Vin, both. He'd never live this down. 'Til his dying day, they would hound him about this.

Lord, he needed them both here like he needed a hole in his head.

Chris stepped in further, watching with interest the coloring of Vin's face as the man sat back from where he'd been hunched over Buck, and in a way he was surprised, himself, at the ripple of his own jealousy.

It only took him a minute to see that there was a problem, though, and what the problem was.

Chris sighed heavily. "Christ, Buck. Not again."

Vin's eyes snapped from Chris to Buck. "This happened before?"

Buck just nodded, suddenly looking somewhat sheepish.

Chris was grinning. "Oh, yeah." He turned dancing eyes to Buck. "This is getting to be quite the fetish with you, ain't it, big fella."

Buck was indignant, or as much as he could be lying naked in an empty tub with his big toe jammed into a bath spigot and his good friend and that friend's lover standing over him. "Not fetish. No fetish. I just...slipped."

"Slipped?!" Vin turned to look at the very big toe wedged as far up as it could get into the very small opening of the very expensive bathtub faucet.

Chris scoffed. "You've been watching Dick Van Dyke reruns again, haven't you?" He turned to Vin and nodded toward Buck. "He has a thing for Laura Petrie, y' know. Always has."

Vin didn't know what to say. He wasn't really sure who Laura Petrie was, except to say he was glad she wasn't in the bathtub, too.

"It was an accident," Buck muttered.

"Accident?!"

He looked up at Vin. "Stop repeating me, it was an accident." His eyes bore into the others', "Do something helpful and get me the hell out of this, will ya? 'Stead of standing around...staring."

Chris rose some on his toes and leaned forward as he let his eyes trail over Buck's mostly exposed body. "You're assuming there's something there worth staring at."

"Just get me out of here."

"Okay. Vin," Chris began, "we need something slippery here. Lotion or..." He turned to Buck, eyebrows raised.

"Got some stuff in my shaving kit," Buck muttered about the personal lubricant he happened to have. He frowned under Chris's smirk and heard Vin softly laugh again. "Think this is funny, Chuckles? Sometimes y' need the extra slick." He then laughed himself. "Hell, of all people, you two oughta know that."

He grinned at the sudden bright red staining on Vin's cheeks. Score one for ol' Bucklin.

They oiled up around his toe, Buck biting back an actual groan of pain at the movement. His toe had been trapped long enough to have obviously swelled, and any little touch set it to throb. Damn thing hurt like hell.

He pulled back hard as he could, but still the tight ring held him fast.

Vin layered on some more glide, his hands spreading the lube gently over faucet and foot. "Buck, try pushin' it in some, real hard like...then slide it back again, nice an' slow. Might spread the oil around inside," Vin suggested.

Always the quiet ones, Buck thought, suddenly mesmerized by the words and sound of Vin's raspy voice.

Chris was intent on Vin's mouth. "Uh...say that again, Vin?"

Please, yes, Buck thought, silently thanking Chris.

Both men stared openly at the younger man.

Vin just frowned. He was pulling down on Buck's foot, while the other two were just standing around staring at him. "Little help here?"

Chris moved to help while Buck braced himself again, and on the count of three they tried to free him.

This time, there was a loud pop...like something being ripped from its moorings.

Like a faucet being ripped from the wall.




Six eyes looked at the now gaping hole in the plaster where the gold spigot once was, then shifted to the bottom of the tub and Buck's foot, where the spigot was still.

"Whatever you do, don't turn on the water," Chris cautioned, and Vin and Buck both rolled their eyes. As if they'd be that dumb.

Vin reached out a hand. "Let's move to the other room an' see how hard it'll be to get off."

"Lord, you got some way with words, son," Buck said softly and moved to rise, the hand towel wet and heavy and slipping from around him. "Hand me another of them towels, will ya?"

"Modest, Buck?" Chris was asking with that sinful grin he had.

"Me?" Buck answered, "Hardly. But I been sitting in here long enough, an' I'm cold as sin, an' I could only reach the hand towel rack on the wall and they just didn't do much to keep me warm."

Chris handed him a washcloth. "Here. This ought to cover up everything you need to hide."

Buck held up the small square. "Ha. Ha. Ha. Just gimme a bath towel and a hand here."

They hoisted him up and helped him walk to the other room, Buck lowering himself onto the bed with a heavy sigh. He was still shivering, his skin cold and clammy. And that damned thing was still stuck on his toe. And his toe still hurt like the dickens.

Chris looked at Vin. He couldn't believe he was about to say this. "Buck, let's get some more slick on that thing and then you slide down so your bottom half hangs off the bed, and bend up that knee some so Vin can get a good hold of your ankle. Vin, straddle his leg and pull hard when I tell you to pull."

They got in position, Buck planting his free foot on Vin's firm sweat clad bottom for more leverage and noticing an interesting hole there in the thin fabric. He gulped at the sight of pale flesh. No skivvies.

Chris climbed behind Buck, letting the man rest on him as he held Buck tightly under his arms, ready to pull back as Vin did the other way. "Okay," he started, "on the count of three."

One. Two. Three....

An audible pop, and then Buck fell back on Chris and Chris fell back on the bed. Vin flew forward from the force of Buck's foot pushing against his ass, the faucet now free and loose in his hands. He smiled triumphantly at the very same instant his head hit the wall in front of him.

Slowly peeling himself off the floor, head reeling, stars flying before him, he turned back toward the bed. "Damn, Buck, you just kick me in the ass?"

"C'mere, Vin," Chris said, "you're bleeding."

Vin turned and moved toward the bed. He could feel a slow trickle down his face, but didn't much care as he took in the sight of his two teammates.

Chris was just sitting up, Buck sprawled all over him and completely naked, the towel having fallen away to the floor. Just a heaped tangle of good-looking male flesh.

"Gimme that washcloth, Buck," Chris was saying, Buck moving to sit and then the two of them sliding over a bit to make room for Vin to sit between them.

Chris patted the mattress.

Vin's mouth went dry as the Sahara.

"What about my toe?" Buck whined and raised his foot to look at the very red and very swollen toe.

After, Vin would try and reason why he did what he did, but he never could come up with a reasonable answer.

Buck and his spontaneity. Sheesh.

Vin placed a hand around that foot, and for reasons unbenownst to him, lowered his mouth slowly around that poor bruised toe and began to suck.

Buck's mouth dropped open. He'd never felt such deliciously exquisite searing agony in all his life. Certainly hadn't expected anything like this. An ice pack had nothing on Vin Tanner.

Chris was stunned. Not in a million years would he have guessed what Vin was going to do, it just wasn't something he would have expected...would have imagined....

But...but...but he was pretty sure he liked it.

No, damn sure he did.

Buck was alternately watching with near delectable horror Vin's tongue lave up, down and around his sore toe, and watching Chris watching Vin do this unexpected thing....

And then he grinned.

Well, hot damn if Vin didn't take to heart his little talk about excitement...spontaneity....

And here he was looking to be the surprise.

It looked like Chris was enjoying the sudden show as well. Not that that came as much of a surprise, Buck knew firsthand just how much of a voyeur Larabee really was.

Most likely Vin was well aware of this, too, Buck figured and watched Vin's eyes slowly move from Chris's to Buck's, back to Chris's again, that tongue continuing its slow bath and the young man's own eyes bright and sparkling.

A threesome! Ménage a trois, that's what they called it, Buck remembered. Ezra would be so proud he'd thought of that word...and so jealous to have been pulled at the last minute from this trip. Buck wanted to shout, the French phrase hitting him smack dead center at the same time a hand pressed lightly on his shoulder and a very wet tongue planted itself in his ear.

Vin moved from the man's toe to his ear, a nod from Chris the only prod he needed to take a step further. Chris's hands had begun stroking lightly along his bare back, encouraging him, and Vin knew his lover was getting off on just watching him lick Buck.

Talk about your spontaneous act.

Buck reached out an arm and wrapped it around Vin's middle, the feel of the younger man's warm flesh pressing onto his about the best blanket he could think of, if he could have thought at all. His hand drifted up to brush over a hardening nipple while on its way to wrap around Vin's neck, and he pulled that mouth into range and plunged his tongue deeply into its depths.

Chris was about coming in his pants. He reached a blind hand down and unbuttoned, unzipped himself free from the suddenly tight fabric, not at all able, even had the room been on fire, to pull his eyes from the two men.

What an exciting spontaneous surprise.

Vin's back was to him, Buck's hand wrapped firmly around his lover's neck, fingers twined into all that hair. Chris watched, listened, the wet noises stroking his senses. He caught a glimpse of Buck's face over Vin's shoulder, the man staring at him for a long beat, then closing his eyes and continuing his close perusal of Vin's mouth. Chris licked his lips, closed his own eyes, and let the heady sounds of moist dancing tongues fill his head.

Hands at his buttons and Chris opened his eyes to find them captured by Vin's deep blue ones, his tongue as well as his lover's lips firmly descended. Vin was slipping the shirt from his back and he let his own hands play over the tensed muscles of Vin's stomach, finding and unlacing the drawstring that barely held the thin fabric pants onto those narrow hips.

He let his hand swipe over the swelled front of those thin pants, Vin's hard erection straining at the crotch and then Chris was smiling at the quick gasp Vin let loose.

He gasped himself when another set of hands met his around Vin's hips, and opened his eyes to see Buck, the man grinning with unbridled delight under his thick mustache. Their eyes met over Vin's head, the younger man's mouth now latched onto the tender flesh at Chris's neck, and they both smiled at what Vin had started.

Fleeting memories drifted through both their minds, warm summer nights years ago when the two of them explored the reaches of a new friendship

Buck knew Chris was remembering, it was hard not to, and yet as he watched Chris's eyes gaze down at the body he held -- at Vin -- he knew this would be a one time thing only. Chris clearly held deep affection for the young man, might even think he was in love. Might be in love.

All of which was okay with Buck, and what he hoped for Chris.

He wasn't looking for love, himself, though. Not yet. Just -- what had he said to Vin? Excitement. And damn, if that wasn't what was right now staring him in the face.

Literally.

Chris and Vin were turned toward him, their eyes hungry like starving wolves and him the only rabbit.

God, life was good!

"Hold up there, boys," Buck said, his own lust barely held as he rolled off the bed in one smooth move, "I gotta get the added enhancement, and you two better damn well have less clothes on when I get back."

He sprinted to the bathroom.

"This all right with you?" Vin was asking, relief sweeping over him at Chris's nod, suspecting Chris would be more than okay with this but having to ask anyway. Wasn't like he'd planned this to happen, and Chris and Buck did have a history, after all.

"More than all right," Chris said, reaching out and pulling Vin close, his lips sweeping over Vin's lips, then delving deep to taste that sweet mouth again. "It'll be fun."

"More fun than the shoe show?"

"Shoe show?"

Vin smiled. "Never mind." He swept his mouth over Chris's, still seeking a bit of reassurance and surprising himself at how much he wanted this to happen. "So, not weird?" Vin asked.

"No, not if you don't think three men that work together, two of whom are current lovers and two of whom are past lovers -- and no, Buck and I were never that serious -- Well, you tell me how weird it is that three teammates are in bed together in a hotel room about to have hopefully hot sex with each other, or at least hopefully two of them will while I watch... I don't know. Is that weird?"

Vin was mock-frowning. "I'm beginning to think you're weird."

Chris grinned. "You're just now noticing?"

Now Vin was grinning as well, pushing Chris back on the mattress as he stretched out atop his chest. "Well, y' know, I been kinda busy noticing other things about ya lately."

Buck watched, standing just inside the bedroom. Lord, how he wanted this. Wanted them. Chris, Vin and Ezra were about the best looking men he'd ever seen, and right now, two of those three were here in his bed, ready and willing. But right now the two men looked so intimate the way they were lying in each others' arms... whispering...he wasn't sure he should break that moment.

Who was he kidding? It was his room!

With a barely restrained whoop, he bounded onto the bed with exuberant enthusiasm.

Vin turned to him. "What the hell took ya, Bucklin?"

Buck rolled Vin to his back and in one quick move, stripped him of his pants. "That quick enough for ya?"

"Don'tcha be manhandling them things, Bucklin. They're one of a kind."

Buck laughed, "These?" he asked, holding the pants up and then tossing them to the floor, "or these?" He lightly brushed Vin's balls, his eyes dancing over the young naked body laid out over the bed and thinking he certainly knew one of a kind when he saw it.

Chris reached down and grabbed Vin's hands, fingers interlocking and pulling the younger man up so his head was cradled onto his lap.

Buck crawled over Vin, straddling him on hands and knees as he stretched himself forward like a large cat. With one long, wet stroke starting from Vin's navel, he trailed his tongue over his chest, up his neck and along the underside of his chin to stop right above his head where the young man would have full view of him meeting and planting a long, slow, deep, curl your toes kiss into Chris's waiting mouth.

Chris heard Vin's extended moan and that, along with Buck's firm tongue, was sending hot heat straight to his groin. God, he couldn't get harder if he tried....

Not that trying would be a hardship.




Vin was biting his lip, trying hard to not interfere with Buck ravaging Chris's mouth, but damn, it was difficult. He heard himself let go another soft moan and moved to grab at his aching stiff cock, but Chris still had tight hold of his hands and he was pressing them now, along with his own, up onto Buck's body and Vin couldn't do a thing but watch and let it happen.

Buck released Chris's mouth, their parting slow and sweet, and he moved in to nip again at the curve in the center of that bottom lip, an area he always did favor. He and Chris exchanged a look, then both men smiled as Buck moved attentions back to the man beneath him.

Round blue eyes stared up at him, Vin taking in all the sights and Buck could clearly see there was a wild hunger there. He lowered himself down, weight braced on his arms, inner thighs pressing firmly onto Vin's outer ones and he couldn't resist taking that mouth as well, Vin rising best he could to meet him, his head all but captured and held in place within Chris's lap and Buck easily finding and filling his mouth.

Buck then started a long, slow trip down Vin's body. First letting his tongue follow the lines of Vin's profile, starting at his brow and drifting slowly down his nose, over lips, down to his chin then shifting to travel along the square line of that jaw. Sucking, then, on the tender flesh just under his ear, and Vin beginning to writhe. When his tongue traced around and then filled that cavity, Vin bucked.

So did Chris. Just watching Buck lap at Vin was making him pant. Vin pulled against his grip, body surging at just that little touch of Buck's tongue and Chris held on tighter, adjusting his grip around Vin's hands, holding them away, his own body reacting as well as the back of Vin's head ground at just the right sweet angle into his crotch.

Vin closed his eyes, all senses attuned to the soft, wet tongue licking over every inch of him, reveling in that feel, in the difference. Like Chris's, yet different somehow, and the knowing it was not Chris but Buck, and Chris there and watching only increased the thrill -- the excitement -- of it all.

Buck shifted, thighs taking his weight and lowering himself further over Vin, tongue exploring all the way. His hands traced lightly around the man's cheekbones, thumbs rubbing against rough stubble on that strong chin, then drifting again to rest lightly over broad shoulders. He was surprised how smooth and soft Vin's flesh was, knowing how much time the man spent in the sun.

His fingers wrapped Vin's chest while his thumbs found and teased the already erect nipples. Vin moaned again and Buck grinned, lightly nipping at the man's belly button as his mouth traveled lower still. He let his hands trace faint lines down Vin's abdomen.

Vin was thrashing some, head grinding back and forth in Chris's lap and sending shocks of pleasure to Chris's cock with each turn. Buck was slowly drifting lower, Chris watching with lust as the man's mouth left a wet trail over Vin's body. Chris still held Vin's hands, feeling the strain in the young man's arms as Vin tried to loose them free, and he squeezed them with reassurance, bringing them up to his mouth to kiss each fingertip.

He looked down at Vin to find passion-filled blue eyes staring up at him and he smiled, leaning forward and planting kisses on each of Vin's wrists. When he glanced down again, Vin's eyes had closed.

Buck moved lower still, Vin braced in anticipation, and Chris greedily watching as his oldest friend took his lover's cock deeply into his mouth.

Vin felt hands at his hips holding him steady. He let his legs wrap best they could around Buck's back, trying to raise his lower half up and shove more into that hot mouth, straining and moaning as pleasure swept him, heat centering straight in his groin. Chris's hands still gripped his, now wrapping around his wrists and holding them away, and Buck's hands were moving everywhere at once until they began a sweep up the inside of his thighs and found his tightening balls.

Chris gripped the tensed wrists tighter, holding firm, and letting the image of Buck's mouth pumping up and down over Vin's dick flood his mind. When Vin cried out, he threw his own head back, inhaling and exhaling slowly to let himself last, not yet wanting to give in to his own release.

Buck felt Vin jerk, the man's balls drawing up and he knew it wouldn't take much to send him over. With a quick glance at Chris who was deep in enjoyment himself, he slipped a finger into the now moist split of Vin's ass, the young man's body covered with a fine sheen of sweat and Buck, too, now filled with an exhilarating warmth from delivering such pleasure. Vin moaned loudly, then bucked hard, lower body raised off the bed and straining, heels digging into Buck's shoulders and then Buck was tasting and swallowing that warm release.

Chris moved then, releasing Vin's hands and letting his head rest on the mattress, all the while whispering sweet encouragement as he began to turn the young man onto his stomach. Buck watched, pulling back some and then Chris was there, free of his pants, cock hard and weeping and moving to kneel behind him, draping himself around Buck's back, hands pressing to his shoulders as he leaned forward. Buck felt the man's warm breath on his neck, felt his lips brushing over his ear.

"Take him, Buck. You want it. He wants it."

Buck half turned, seeing the flush to Chris's face, then turned back. "Vin?" he asked and Vin was nodding, already raising up to his knees. Buck felt Chris's hands around his own erection, condom first, then extra lube added and he moved as well, grabbing Vin around the hips and easing slicked fingers into that tight entrance, scissoring and stretching until Vin was moaning again and pressing himself back.

"Do it," Chris whispered in his ear and Buck did, pushing forward and then breaching that tight entrance.

Vin gasped and tensed for a moment, stilling for a second as he held his breath, then let his head drop forward and squeezed his eyes shut while brief pain turned to deep heated pleasure. Buck's hand was wrapped around his middle, Vin somewhat unbalanced as Buck rose on his knees and pulled him back against him.

"God, Vin," Buck said softly, tight, hot heat enveloping the best of him, squeezing him, and he began to rock very slowly, Vin rolling with him in steady rhythm.

"Buck," Vin breathed, the man's cock filling him and finding just the right spot as he pulled that much in and out. A mouth found his neck and then teeth raked along his shoulder. He straightened as much he could, on his knees still and arching his back, not breaking stride as he reached an arm up and back, his fingers just able to brush over the man's thick hair. He fell forward on his hands again, his cock finding a new life still as it twitched between his legs with every thrust of Buck inside him, and he very gently played his fingers up and down its still sensitive length.

Buck shoved himself into Vin, wondering like hell why the three of them never tried this before, and yet knowing it would never happen again. Didn't matter, though. This wasn't something he'd ever forget. He was nearing climax, wavering between wanting to let go and slam into Vin and wanting to hold out forever when fingers found his own tight entrance and he stopped altogether.

"Relax, Buck," Chris was soothing into his ear and a flash of intense heat spasmed through his cock, that voice almost sending him over the edge.

"Wait, wait, Chris," he managed, not moving, trying not to come, wanting to wait until Chris was inside him, and he still inside Vin.

And then they were. Chris driving into him, fingers grasping at his hips, mouth everywhere and Vin shifting under him, pressing back into him, telling him to move.

They were so close, all three of them. Chris held tightly onto Buck, eyes closed and listening to the slick sound of his fucking Buck and Buck fucking Vin. A deep shudder ran through him at the very thought.

He heard Vin moan again, imagined that incredible face tight with pleasure with Buck at his back, and then Buck cried out as well and Chris couldn't stop himself from biting down hard on the skin at Buck's neck as he came himself, body rigid and straining from the blast of sheer intensity.

Buck felt his impending release, felt, too, Chris stiffen behind him and then fiery, sharp pain at his neck mixed with pleasure in his groin as he shot into Vin's body.

They fell in a heap down onto the bed, Vin squashed underneath yet not wanting that hot, sweaty weight on top of him to ever move, not for a million years. All was quiet save for ragged breathing, each trying to recover, each savoring the feel of the man beneath him.

And then Vin shifted, million years coming quick.

"Move...can't...breathe..." he gasped and Chris and then Buck rolled from him.

Vin turned supine, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly as he stared up to the ceiling. He turned his head to find Buck at his side, the man smiling as always and looking absolutely spent.

"How's the toe?" Vin asked him.

"What toe?" Buck answered.

Vin traced a shaky hand down the man's face, Buck capturing it and kissing his palm lightly.

"Hey," a voice protested, "what about me?"

Vin turned again, Chris gazing at him, head resting in the crook of his elbow and Vin moved in for a kiss.

A snore from the other side had both men turning back toward Buck.

"Look at that. He's gone," Chris said, half sitting up and gazing affectionately at the sleeping man. He reached a hand across to rub lightly over Buck's chest. "Didn't think that was possible."

"Bitch getting old, I reckon," Vin said with such sincerity Chris smacked him.

"I'm older than he is, you know." He glanced across Vin to watch the rise and fall of Buck's chest. "Must've worn him right out."

A light ignited in Vin's eyes. "Maybe you could wear me out?"

A brief scan of the young body next to him and Chris was rolling his eyes, grinning, too, but still... "Can anything wear you out?"

Vin drifted a hand to his awakening cock as he grinned. "Don't rightly know. But I'm always up for tryin'."

"I'm tired. Buck's tired. Why is it you're not tired?"

"Stamina of a young racehorse'd be my guess."

"So, you just wanna lap the course again?"

Vin grinned. "That 'r take a run for the roses."

"Again?"

"Why not?"

"Now?"

"You hard a hearin'?"

"Well, I...don't know if I can now..."

"Won't know 'til ya try!"

"Right here?"

"It's a bed, ain't it?"

"It's Buck's bed."

"He's asleep."

"Not anymore, he's not," Buck's voice resounded and a hand rose to paw at Vin's body.

"Thought you were asleep," Vin yelped, finding himself suddenly the middle of a C, B and V sandwich. Not that he was complaining.

"Surprise!" Buck called out, both he and Chris suddenly rolling inward and onto the younger man.

"Damn," Vin happily exclaimed from under a whole lotta flesh, "we're goin' for surprise, excitin' and spontaneous...the Triple Crown!"




JD heard them and ran to the door the minute they entered the office.

"You're back!"

An over two and a half hour delay of their flight, and JD knew he wouldn't get a thing done at work until the three of them were back. It had been so quiet with everyone gone -- he and Nathan the only two present in the office for the past week.

Ezra was on loan to another team, his undercover expertise apparently needed to help discover just who was responsible for the disappearance of most of an entire shipment of imported French champagne, apparently worth tens of thousands of dollars.

JD figured Ezra would crack the case in no time.

Nathan said the man would be wallowing in it.

Josiah was off on vacation. JD didn't know exactly what sort of retreat it was he was attending, or what you would do at one once you got there, but Josiah seemed thrilled to be going and so JD was happy for him.

Still, it had been too quiet lately, what with Chris, Buck and Vin all gone on a week conference.

Nathan came to work, but had been plagued with a cold for most of the week and so did his thing then left on time or earlier, even, to go home to Rain, his wife, and bed. He didn't even want to go out to lunch, either ordering in or bringing his own in a neatly folded paper bag along with all sorts of vitamins and things. Not that JD was faulting him for being sick and boring in any way, no, but without Buck there, or Vin...well, he did admit he was getting more paperwork done the past week than Chris would ever believe.

But the days sure had been dull.

Now, the three of them finally had arrived: late, tired and a little less than pleasant, JD could tell, but it didn't matter. They were back and JD couldn't have been more delighted.

He was so tired of sitting in an empty office, had ingested more vanilla lattes that morning than he could count as he waited and waited for them to arrive.

"Buck," he called with delight as the tall man entered the office.

"How was it? Was it boring? Was it fun?" JD rambled and moved to take Buck's coat for him. He pointed to Buck's neck. "Was it cold? I guess it must've been cold, I don't think I've ever seen you wear a turtleneck before, Buck."

Buck smiled and melted into his desk chair.

"I really want to go on the next conference. Did ya have much time to sightsee? Or were ya in meetings the whole time?" JD knew his mouth was running but couldn't help it. Too many lattes and no one to talk to was making him giddy, almost. "Aren't there some Civil War battlefields near where you were stayin'? Vin, you'd love those, right? Did you get to go to any of them?"

Vin and Chris were just shaking their heads, both grinning because JD's exuberance was like a blast of welcome home from a mostly long and boring trip, and none of them had got a word in yet, not that JD had noticed. Chris stepped into his office and Vin drifted to his own desk, plopping his backpack on the floor.

"I hear sometimes they still find stuff buried out there," JD was still going on, talking and gesturing a mile a minute. He'd told them Nathan had called in sick that morning, still not feeling well, and JD left alone for the morning, now clearly riding a caffeine buzz. "Buried in the battlefield, I mean. You know: bullets, canon balls, buttons, that sort of thing. Did ya see anything like that? Did ya bring back any souvenirs?"

Buck fingered the neck of his brand new sweater, the soft knit rubbing gently over a very raw and tender place on his neck. He smiled.

Something heavy and metallic landed near his computer with a thump and he looked up to find Vin standing there grinning like he had a secret. On his desk lay a very ornate, very expensive water faucet.

"Maybe a souvenir or two, JD," Vin was saying in answer to JD's question. "But mostly, just a whole lot of memories."

THE END